It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple of items You may find of use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm not sure how the new member upload area works, or whether it's downloadable, but I have a couple of items that I believe some members of the survival forum might find useful, and I'm willing to share them if there is sufficient interest.

I've had them for quite some time, and use them to keep track of my own preps. I found them many years ago in some long forgotten download area without any attribution assigned, and have since modified them for my own personal use. Over the years, I've found nothing similar on the web in my searches, so they're kind of unique.

One is an excel spreadsheet which will keep track of your food cache items ( suggested items listed), weapons, ammo supplies, water storage, basic tools, medical supplies, survival books, etc. the sheet also totals up all your expenditures in the various areas,and displays it as a pie chart.

I also have one version of it that also keeps track of group compositions, group skills, member health status, caloric needs, etc. It's extremely detailed.

There's also my bug out bag check list that can be modified to suit your personal needs. It's basically a checklist that I use to keep track of the contents of my own bug out packs. I have others files as well, but I thought I'd see if there was any interest first before going to all the trouble of making them usable by others.

For my own protection there is one Caveat, if you wish to use them, it will be at your own risk. I will accept no responsibility for any damage caused to your computer. As far as I'm aware, they're all virus free and I've never had any problems whatsoever, but you may want to scan them first just to be sure. I use a Linux based OS, but the files are compatible with Windows too.

If there's enough interests shown, I'll take the time to clean them up and post them in the forum. Can anyone tell me offhand if the upload area is downloadable as well?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good offer and great idea, I wanted to upload my book Retreat Survival but cant fathom out where or how to do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
Good offer and great idea, I wanted to upload my book Retreat Survival but cant fathom out where or how to do it.
Same here NR. I really haven't done my homework on the subject.

I believe knowledge is most useful when it's freely shared with others, and I'd encourage others to do likewise. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would imagine the excel sheet would be useful. After a while of building up food supplies I finally decided to inventorise. All I have is just a list so I know what I have. I have no idea if I've covered all bases... correction, I know I haven't covered all bases I'm not 100% certain how many bases there are.

In summary, yes.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I believe knowledge is most useful when it's freely shared with others, and I'd encourage others to do likewise. Thanks for the reply.

You may have any knowledge I can impart. Unfortunately that isn't a great deal...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

Originally posted by LLoyd45

You may have any knowledge I can impart. Unfortunately that isn't a great deal...

I'm sure you have a lot more knowledge than you're aware of just like most people. Because we find something easy to do, it doesn't mean everyone does. My wife says I devalue what I know once I master it, which is probably true.

top topics

join