It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of tarot cards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
HI ATS. Last night I had a dream of my dad giving me a tarot card. He said it was a single-card reading and seemed embarassed that he was giving it to me--he certainly doesn't put any stock in the tarot in waking life.

The card was the 5 of Pentacles in the dream; upon waking I felt it alwso might be the 3 or Pentacles. I looked both of these up this mornging.

However, I would like to know, do any of you know if there is additional meaning that could be ascribed to the situation since it came in a dream?

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi there.

I've been reading the Tarot for a good while now, and the cards you mention are to do with work and getting out of a financially difficult situation. Maybe a new job, or some kind of commercial transaction, but of a material nature.
Due to your Dad's skepticism, maybe this represents the idea that an opportunity will come from an unexpected place, but one you respect.

Just my interpretation, for what it's worth.
From what I can gather, it seems like a pretty positive situation.

Hope this info is what you're looking for.

Cheers.

I.A.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply, the interpretations IO looked up said basically the same thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

what an interesting dream!

I don't know that it makes any difference that they were in a dream, but I definitely think it's significant that it was your father in the dream, and that in real life he's not open to that sort of thing. At the risk of sounding a little flaky, I wonder if it's even possible that it was your father, trying to tell you something he's not able to tell you in waking life.

One thing that occurred to me right away was that both those cards in the Rider-Waite deck depict a church-like building, either from inside or outside.

Then I googled
them to look, and the site I used had a meaning for each that's not what I consider to be a "central" meaning, but that might make sense in context.

For the three of pentacles, it gave "acknowledgement"
For the five of pentacles, it gave "suffering from ill health"

(Here's the site. Not a recommendation, because I've never been there before. It just is the first choice in a Google Image search for "three of pentacle")

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
reply to post by asmeone2

what an interesting dream!

I don't know that it makes any difference that they were in a dream, but I definitely think it's significant that it was your father in the dream, and that in real life he's not open to that sort of thing. At the risk of sounding a little flaky, I wonder if it's even possible that it was your father, trying to tell you something he's not able to tell you in waking life.

Without getting into my family dynamics I did consider that angle, because I often get an impression that he wants to explore his spirituality more but doesn't feel like he is able.

One thing that occurred to me right away was that both those cards in the Rider-Waite deck depict a church-like building, either from inside or outside.

Interesting but I did not actually see the card in the dream. I don't even know what picture goes with each card, let alone what the different decks look like.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I'm a Tarot reader.
The 5 of Pentacles has various meanings and one can't assume "ill health" necessarily unless other cards reinforce the suggestion. It's often associated with feeling excluded, alone and lacking emotional support, not looking after oneself very well and struggling to make ends meet. If your Dad is living alone, I would take the dream as a sign to up the ante with the amount of time you see/talk to him. In general he may be feeling in low spirits, even if not living alone.

The 3 of Pentacles is about teamwork - not necessarily teamwork in the sense of the work environment either. It could be reinforcing the sense of alone-ness implied by the 5 of Pentacles , hinting that your Dad feels the need to feel more of a part of a group of people .

On the whole, this dream could be a sign that your Dad is reaching out for help because he is feeling low emotionally and/or with regard to his financial situation, is a bit insecure right now and needs support and guidance.

Then again, it could be a dream that was just a dream , meaning nothing at all!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
The 5 of Pentacles has various meanings and one can't assume "ill health" necessarily unless other cards reinforce the suggestion.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post. I mentioned it because it's not a reading that would occur to me unless it came up in a spread in a way that clearly suggested physical ill health. But, it was the first meaning given on a site that I chose more or less randomly because I wanted to look at the image and didn't have a deck with me.

Since I know asmeone2 is interested in health and especially in herbal medicine and nutrition, I thought it was worth mentioning.

top topics

join