It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories, Paranoia and the Overactive Imagination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aubryish

I believe the people on ATS are more alive than those who watch the well scripted 24 hour news.

Very true - I only scan television news for overall perspective (know your enemy), do a more in-depth read of internet news sites (mainly sports ), and really scrutinize ATS for the real news!

The problem that I have, is the sheer volume of information we are bombarded with. We don't all have time to spend 24/7 researching each and every link for validation.
I prefer quality over quantity anytime.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

You know this may be a new tactic/distraction to confuse real world news with unecessary drivle.

I'm positive you and I can siphon through our top priorities and deal with the pertinent issues of the day. Conspiracy or no Conspiracy I see something wrong with our current governments.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy theory..there is a conspiracy however maybe if you people quit using lack of evidence to come up with your theory and use things you can prove.. guess what you will find there is a group effort and there is no theory. Start by reading documents from the CFR, Club of rome ect . see what the big boys say. The group i refer to is made up of thousands of organizations with front organizations. The religion part of course is carried by the secret societies. Dating back to the pagan mystery religions. Key deity always the sun. Think of the obsession with "light". I also recommend reading books by Carrol Quigley, Bertrand Russell, Charles Galton Darwain, Albert Pyke, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Manley P Hall, Plato, Aldous Huxley, Julian Huxley, Benjamin Franklin, Adam Weishaupt

also there are many foundations

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Unfortunately Aldous Huxley fried his brain on psychedelic drugs ... which is what he is now most famous for. His drug-driven utopia was ill-conceived and he researched the drug aspect a little too well in my opinion.
However, he wrote a strangely prophetic letter to George Orwell in which he says:
"Within the next generation I believe that the world's leaders will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience"
Link

Aren't we all drugged by food, television and the latest electronic gadgets? Are not all servants of our own greed and hunger for instant gratification?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSI also recommend reading books by Carrol Quigley, Bertrand Russell, Charles Galton Darwain, Albert Pyke, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Manley P Hall, Plato, Aldous Huxley, Julian Huxley, Benjamin Franklin, Adam Weishaupt

But if you really want to make yourself nuts, try the Illuminatus Trilogy by the late, lamented Robert Anton Wilson.

And quite frankly, when you start to follow the gullability trail, it quickly becomes apparent that it is the "Coincidence Theorists" that are taking a great leap of faith.

So, remember that famous battle cry of the unconvinced...Give me Ambiguity...or give me something else!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join