It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible pot charges against Olympian Phelps go up in smoke

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think it's probably a well known fact that most of the things 18-24 year old people do when "hanging out" are reprehensible or at least embarrassing in the public's eye. I haven't forgotten that part of my life, it's not that far behind me

Also, I haven't bought any Kellog's cereal once I found out High Fructose Corn Syrup is in pretty much every box they've got. General Mills however is still safe, as is most of Quaker's stuff. Good to know I've got two reasons not to buy their crap anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A young, Olympic athlete smoking dope, fail.
People getting up about it, fail.
Thinking it is new, fail.
I'm writing about the same crap that has gone on for years= fail.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
will he now recieve an international sports ban for taking illegal drugs? you know like all the others who have been banned for exactly the same thing.

and will he be denied access to other countries for having a drugs charge - you know like ANYONE who has been arrested for taking drugs , not convicted but arrested and you`ll be turned away to visiting the USA.

Marijuana isn't on the IOC banned substance list.

He doesn't have a drug charge.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I truly feel bad for Phelps.

He got in an immense amount of trouble for doing something that millions of nobodies do every day.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
these days it makes me sick how kids and hell even adults cry over these people, try to be just like them, etc...its pathetic.

Yes.. sick with society .. sick with the world .. of course you of all people would display these traits, because you are/were a police officer, or is it / was it a soldier? I forgot, but I'm pretty sure it was police officer. Yeeeaahhh..

You're that guy, the one who always replies to an anti-police thread to defend the police involved no matter the circumstances, no matter the facts, no matter the ridiculousness of it. Like back during that string of people getting tazered for no good reason and women winding up dead in police custody, you were right there to say that tazering the boy was fine and that you would've gone right along with it, that those women who died in custody surely had gotten themselves killed even though the chains were fastened in impossible ways. Face it, you'd stick up for a police officer if he killed his entire family in cold blood because of financial troubles. Youd chime in and be like, "ooh .. but you know times are hard and people are broke" LOL .. well thats what I think anyways.

Did you stick up for those cops who killed Amadu Dialou in cold blood in New York, shot him 41 times for reaching for his identification, which they requested him to do? They got off like all of the crooked cops do .. they run around killing people, hurting people, torturing people, detaining people for no reason, TAKING PERSONAL GRUDGES INTO THEIR WORK ETHIC, yeah I'm sure you know all about that one. Police officers are some right-abusing people let me tell you, they will go to any length to work their way around your so-called rights, to the point of lieing on police reports to cover themselves in court. I've seen it happened. And maybe im just one of those disgruntled guys that got done wrong by a group of officers for no good reason one time or maybe a few times, but I'll be damned if there sure isn't ALOT of us around nowadays? Hmm...

You listed as a FACT that he was attending a party with illegal narcotics. First of all, you use choice wording, as 'narcotic' denotes harder drugs like class 1 and 2 felony substances, not SPECIAL MISDEMEANOR substances like pot? But anyways, did you even know that all across america teenage kids, college students, young adults and even middle aged adults are smoking flavored tobaccos out of glass water pipes? they also do it with those big arabian hookah pipes. There's "hookah lounges" in my city and all across the country springing up where people go and buy flavored tobacco and smoke it inside the place, while ordering food or drinks, and theres your regular entertainment like music / televisions. Heck, I am not lieing to you when I say I have been to a party where more than 15 people had all gathered and were taking turns hitting a flavored tobacco filled hookah bong pipe, some of whom I know personally that have NEVER tried marijuana before. So how is it a FACT that there was illegal narcotics there? How do you know they werent smoking flavored tobacco in that pipe? It's the same kind kids are using for flavored tobacco right now all over the nation .. shows what you know, Mr. Officer.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The only reason Phelps is getting press on this is because he's white...and as we all know white people do no wrong.

Juvenile getting arrested hardly adds up, because he's black. It's expected that he has this crap on him.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
The only reason Phelps is getting press on this is because he's white...and as we all know white people do no wrong.

Juvenile getting arrested hardly adds up, because he's black. It's expected that he has this crap on him.

I think the 14 gold medals have a little more to do with it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join