It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Avatar Workshop: custom avatars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Welcome to the workshop's custom avatar thread, here you can have avatars made for you to your own design / spec. But first I want to explain a little about what "The Avatar Workshop" is and the idea behind it.

Well the workshop is designed for the ATS member...er.. you. Not only will you be able to choose avatars from the workshop itself but also have avatars made for you. (in this thread) Plus also you will be able to make your own avatars too. (Thats the workshop bit lol)

The workshop is located on our new media site:

ATS media site please join in, post videos, photos, etc you can log in with your ATS username / password.

The Avatar Workshop is the link to my profile and the workshop's home page. On here you will be able to access all the art work (avatars, signatures, etc). By pressing the my pictures button it will give you access to all the folders.

If you see something you like then please just take it (you dont have to ask) click on the image to expand it, then right click, press the properties button, then copy the url and take it to your account settings on ATS and paste it in the avatar space. Thats it.

If you want any of these avatars customised then bring the image here to this thread and i can add your name, logo, etc.

The next thread will cover the workshop side of things and will offer tutorials, help, advice on creating your own avatars. Again this will be linked via the new media site. This will be a place where everyone can give input, thoughts and ideas and answer questions. The software we will be using is photoplus 6 by serif (its free, just google it).

Disclaimer: Im not an expert in the use of this software, nor do i work for the software company. Everything i know is self taught and I do this for fun only. Plus this is not photoshop, which means the software will have its limitations.

So, thats the idea behind the workshop, its a big project and will take a bit of time to get going but it should be fun. The next thread will launch in a couple of weeks or sooner.

Ok, back to this thread...

If you would like an avatar made for you, then please post as much info about the image / design you would like, also if you have any images you would like me to work with, then please upload them to this thread. If you would like your avatar blended into your background then please tell me your background colour code, it just saves time (I know the code for black lol) I dont do any animation work. sorry. (just takes to long)

We are very lucky to have some great artists here on ATS, so please make sure you check out their work as well: roswell1, orange-light, AshleyD, greeneyedleo and Im a Marty, who is the person that got me into this in the first place.

Ok, i will stop rambling now. I will upload some work for you to look at in the next post.

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Some more recent work:

You can probably see alot of my work is designed for a black background, probably because black makes the image stand out more. But i can work with any background colour you have, just let me know what it is.

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is a custom avatar I made for my friend destiny-fate,

There is a bit of history to this avatar, which kind of makes it quite unique.

JQ.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Welcome to the business *stomps on Workshop sign*

lol j/k, They're really good!

Please take this as constructive criticism; May I suggest a higher quality file type or higher quality images.

Edit: Thanks for the advert
S&F

Roswell.

[edit on 18/2/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Welcome to the business *stomps on Workshop sign*

LOL.. thanks for the welcome.

The images come from our new media site, when you upload them over there the file size gets reduced, dont know why... most of the avatars are about 30 to 50k. If they were uploaded on the old ATS upload space this doesnt happen.

The media site still has a few problems to sort out, i hope this is one of them.

But it is an important point, if anybody would like any of the images in a better / higher quality let me know, I do have them stored on my computer in a higher format.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I will keep posting stuff until someone wants me to make something. LOL. As I said before if you want any of the avatars on this thread just right click on the image, click on properties then copy the url. Go to your account settings and paste the url in the avatar space. Press the submit button, one new avatar. Feel free to take any image you want or keep swapping them until you find one you are happy with.

If you have any ideas / thoughts for an avatar let me know on here or by u2u if you wish and I will see what I can do.

I think I will start some themes, ok first theme: weather

A

B

C

I will post some more soon.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
john they are great

i ust love them

what program do you use?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Very vivid and great use of colors.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
John Q!!! Long time no see buddy!!!

I love them avatars, keep them coming

I still remember doing yours actually, the one with the door.....was one of my favourites

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Thanks Orange,

I use photoplus 6 (its free), im glad you liked them.

cheers,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thank you Ashley,

Ive been a great fan of your art work for a while now. You do make some great avatars.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Hello mate.. what can I say... you do realize this is all your fault LOL.. er I mean thank you.

I spent ages adapting your tutorial thread to the software that I use and now months later I have my own avatar thread. Im also gonna return the favour and create a tutorial thread for photoplus 6 (the software I use), so other people can have a go too.

I still have my original avatar, its one of my favourites and I might use it again one day.

Take care mate,

JQ.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, much appreciated.

Next post will be more art work,

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
another tip

if people are looking for freeware or shareware graphicprogramm

"the gimp" is a good alternative for photoshop which isn.t affordable for everybody

www.gimp.org...

@john
you mentioned it in your OP , but i wasn.t able to get it
sorry honey

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok, another theme: waterfalls

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83ef828d904e.jpg[/atsimg]
A

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/332b472bad28.jpg[/atsimg]
B

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83ef828d904e.jpg[/atsimg]
C

If you dont want the black border just go to the workshop on the media site and select the avatar code and paste it in the avatar space on your account settings.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Theme: Animals

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0695c984a26.jpg[/atsimg]
A

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d077230164da.jpg[/atsimg]
B

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a313bcbb7ad4.jpg[/atsimg]
C

I will continue with this theme for a while, as always if want anything made just reply to this thread with your ideas.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
b and c are my absolutly favorites

maybe try c again with different colors for the fur!
would create a nice effect/affect?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfdfc48b1c76.jpg[/atsimg]

Its funny "A" took the longest to do (a few hours) and is made up of 7 / 8 images but I think its to complicated to look at.

Where as the other two took very little time but probably look better.

Less is more ... as they say.

JQ.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90837833daa2.jpg[/atsimg]

Waterfalls C

Looks like I uploaded the same image twice on the waterfalls post

I dont think anyone noticed.. Lol

Update for the tutorial thread:

I will start this thread once the image change over is completed (March 10th). Probably start the following weekend.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
John Q, some kick a** looking avvies mate, keep it up

I certainly do like the waterfall one, nice one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join