posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
To save the economy of my country, here is what I would do:
1) Have a new currency ready as soon as possible, backed by gold, silver, or any naturally occurring, local resource such as oil or minerals. Let
the old currency fade if it must, and let the people gradually switch over to what they trust. The value of the currency will be backed by the trust
in their ability to create value in their nation.
2) Begin paying all government contracts with this currency.
3) Repudiate foreign debt, except where prudent and possible.
4) Limit it foreign currency exchanges to individuals, and in amounts not exceeding a few thousand units.
5) Switch all government spending to plans that will increase the independence of my country's citizens. Such as getting them farming equipment,
food, grains, seeds, tools. Survival of the people is #1 priority. Without the people, the nation can't stand.
6) Switch all local manufacturing to produce goods that are actually needed by everyone - textiles, food, building materials, construction equipment,
7) Arm all citizens. Distribute water purification, medical kits, 100 kg bags of corn, beans, rice. Distribute pamphlets on growing your own food,
collecting water, hunting in the wild, emergency readiness, etc.
8) Get all weapons at the ready. Watch borders. Let the country learn to work for itself again. Disconnect from the global nightmare.
9) Reassure the public. Not just with words. But by getting all the citizens heads out of the global noose, and firmly on their own two feet.
10) Strengthen and open internal communications channels. Backup with different types of systems so that if one system is down, the rest aren't
vulnerable to the same kind of attack.
11) Permit open and free discussion in the public. Cracking down with a police state will be a mistake. The government cannot control the people
from the top down. A strong government can only be built on a nation of strong people. The people must learn to govern themselves. (give a man a
fish, and he eats for a day... teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime)
A strong country cannot exist without strong, independent, and healthy citizens.
[edit on 17-2-2009 by username371]