China: How to make the US fall

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We have a 5:1 trade deficit with china, wonder why? For those of you who don't know this is a very bad thing, it is one of the factors undermining our economy and making the dollar lose value. They are taking jobs from the US and doing everything they can to help put our economy in more chaos.

"Last month the US lodged its first World Trade Organization complaint against China, charging that Beijing was violating global trade rules by giving big tax breaks to domestic chip producers. "

"Chinese manufacturers were selling television sets in the US at below cost"


www.china.org.cn...




posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Or maybe the Chinese are just smarter than the Americans.

Im not too well informed on this topic though, sounds interesting none the less.

Deep



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It has been one of the goals of the Chinese government to undermine the US economy. It is actually part of their plan, we have had posts about this in the past, I think, i am just too tired to look for it now.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
smarter isn't a word I would use, although I think we need to get their WTO membership pulled. Big businesses are using China to drain the US economy by moving their operations to China, getting a ton of cheep labor, government tax breaks, kickbacks and than selling their products to the US at a lower price that domestic companies can't beat while still making more of a profit than if they operated here. That's killing our economy and costing us quite a few jobs. Don't get me wrong it's not just China doing this but they are by far one of the largest drains.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Or maybe the Chinese are just smarter than the Americans.

Im not too well informed on this topic though, sounds interesting none the less.

Deep


Your right - your not too well informed...
The problem is that they will not allow us to export to them in anywhere close to a 1:1 ratio.

In addition, since their government can compete with private buisness, they can produce items at well below cost value and make it up with tax dollars.

I wouldn't worry too much about China making the US fall though...If it comes down to it, we simply put up an imbargo on them and starve them into submision, or if we want to play nice simple put a tariff on all Chinees goods......say 8000%. When this happens, they fall.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Good point Mad, let's hope Kerry has the sense to do that when he gets into office.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Dont forget most stuff is now made in Chinese factories

Nike gear, electrical gear etc the ones whoi will suffer will be you cos stuff is made cheap in China.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
well drunk, this might be one of those times you have to cut your arm off to save the rest of your body. I wasn't saying it'd be easy but I do think it's necessary. Nike and everyone else can hire people in the US to make their products. Yeah it might make the price higher but that's the price we would have to pay to save our economy and create new jobs. On the other hand we would suffer a lot more in the long run if we don't' do something about it.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah that would mean that poorer people wouldnt be able to afford the product then the economy would slide drastically. So ithink that making China fall is a bad bad idea economically.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
please Nike could produce their stuff in the US, sell it for the same price and still make profit. Last time I heard it only cost nike about $7 to make one shoe. Then they sell a pair for about $70-$90... Not sure on the exact price, ive never owned a pair of nikes.... I always buy my shoes from Wal-Mart



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
well, there would be more jobs, more money less poor people. As far as poorer people, what are you talking about?



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
please Nike could produce their stuff in the US, sell it for the same price and still make profit. Last time I heard it only cost nike about $7 to make one shoe. Then they sell a pair for about $70-$90... Not sure on the exact price, ive never owned a pair of nikes.... I always buy my shoes from Wal-Mart


Your just talking about selling it in the US not world wide
why do you think Nike is so popular cos their products are cheap made in China.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I wouldn't worry too much about China making the US fall though...If it comes down to it, we simply put up an imbargo on them and starve them into submision,


The rantings of a true American.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
well, there would be more jobs, more money less poor people. As far as poorer people, what are you talking about?


Poorer nations i am not just looking at the US i am looking at other countries who buy products made in China and who depend on China for products.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
they have nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Are you drinking again?



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
they have nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Are you drinking again?


Huh? you asked "As for poorer people what do you mean?"

And i answered in my last post

You are starting to not make sense.



posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Poorer nations i am not just looking at the US i am looking at other countries who buy products made in China and who depend on China for products.


Those other nations have nothing to do with anything I'm talking about.



posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
[

Those other nations have nothing to do with anything I'm talking about.


Are you sure?



posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I wouldn't worry too much about China making the US fall though...If it comes down to it, we simply put up an imbargo on them and starve them into submision,


The rantings of a true American.


hahaha - well, it's the truth, doesn't make it right - know what I mean? Besides - it wouldn't come to that - read the part after you cut off my quote



posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Dont forget most stuff is now made in Chinese factories

Nike gear, electrical gear etc the ones whoi will suffer will be you cos stuff is made cheap in China.


Remember this - China isn't the only place in the world that has cheap labor. It'd be really easy to convince a host of other countries to take on the jobs providded by American super corporations. Hence why the US will always hold the upper hand





top topics
 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join