It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is really one of my favourite passages in the Bible :

Ephesians 6 10:20

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Doesn't this verse just say it all about our daily walk with Jesus Christ.

I feel both worried and sad for our fellow Christians who have decided to throw away their armour (Word of God) in favour of today's modern fashionable secular beliefs, as they leave themselves open to more pain and stresses not having the reassurance of God's Word to take away the stresses and strains of modern life.

I also really like the opening passage very much : 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. May we all be STRONG IN THE LORD and IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT - AMEN

[edit on 17-2-2009 by blj777]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
hrm... Am I missing a conspiracy here?

I'm looking, but don't see one...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blj777

I feel both worried and sad for our fellow Christians who have decided to throw away their armour (Word of God) in favour of today's modern fashionable secular beliefs, as they leave themselves open to more pain and stresses not having the reassurance of God's Word to take away the stresses and strains of modern life.

I still see it everyday, more and more are realising.

All roads lead to Rome.

It takes a journey to reach an answer and that is the most important part.

To me it does not really matter what path you choose.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Is it just me or do posters like this just sound plain old crazy? i think the conspiracy the op is getting at is people aren't running around quoting bible passages in the 21st century..oh wait...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think your mis perceiving it as a specific, when in reality it can easily represent a generic commonality of good vs evil

look Im not religious or anything but these things actually add up in a logical way

Every piece of the puzzle is important in some way or another, so dont automatically dismiss something because what other people say about it. Form your own unique opinion about how something fits.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
WoW Sounds like a great idea but i have just one question. where can one purchase the Armour of god?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer
WoW Sounds like a great idea but i have just one question. where can one purchase the Armour of god?

It's wisdom and knowledge. Those are the true rewards from God, not material. You can't purchase it, it is not given as this world gives. You have to seek it for yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer

You are not serious are you?

You made me laugh.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Can someone move this to the "preaching" forum? I'm sure there is one.

There probably is no god, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

*shrugs*

WoW Sounds like a great idea but i have just one question. where can one purchase the Armour of god

It's a drop from Patchwerk in Naxrammas for a warlock..damn clothies.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Why don't you go and post this on some crazy religious forum ? This is ATS, and I fail to see the pertinence of such a post on this site.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blj777

You sure are going to need that "armor of god" when the government economic stimulus comes to bite you in the rear end, get ready and let me know if it works.

BTW where is the conspiracy?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

This is a crazy religious forum lol.

He should actually post it in BTS, he thinks he understands the scripture, but all he understands is what main stream Christianity interprets it as meaning, main stream Christianity is of the devil pretty much.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi Solomons!

"Is it just me or do posters like this just sound plain old crazy? .... is getting at is people aren't running around quoting bible passages in the 21st century.oh wait.."

Don't worry you are not the only one in the world who thinks that people who have faith in the Word of God (Bible) and Jesus Christ are crazy.

I guess you probably must have a PhD in Neuro-Psychiatry to form your opinion, and I must congratulate you on being so fast off the mark to make your judgement and label me as "plain old crazy". I'm not into Psychiatry much I studied in it myself at University, and I had the feeling that it was difficult to tell with a lot of them who was the patient and who was the Dr, don't know if you have any colleagues like that ?

Or am I maybe, jumping the gun a little, maybe you purchased your PhD in Psycho-Analysis from one of those two-bit, self proclaimed, internet Universities, which send out a certificate to anyone with 500$ on their credit-card ?

You are free to classify me as "plain-old crazy" as you wish, after all it says more about your inner-self than it does about me.

I'm going to ask you to perform a little experiment, as you have just read this, no doubt you are starting to feel offended, and maybe your pride, self-importance and ego are starting to feel a bit wounded. Let's try a little of your psychology. Raise your right arm, and point with your index finger at your computer monitor and release all of those insults and swear words at me via this post, release some of that energy, believe me it works in psychotherapy, go on do it now, don't be shy.

Just repeat the experiment again, but in a calmer state of mind, and whilst doing so take a closer look at your hand. What do you see ? One finger is pointing accusingly at me, but, .... what's this.... 3 fingers are pointing right back at yourself, don't you feel better now for revealing your heart so your brain can hear the real you?

You know what ? The only certain thing in anyone's life is death ? Have you spent some time considering the bigger questions ? Friend, I am not labelled by many as a crack pot, believe me (I don't mind you doing so if it makes you feel superior, I'm by no-means superior to anyone else, different that's all, but different doesn't make one better or worse now, or does it?), I've been through the system, studied at two top European Universities, received the top grades, worked as a Diplomat, been so far to 27 countries, am 34 years old, have 2 kids. Don't like Organised Religion, and fake suffering and control, don't like abuse, hate, corruption.

Until December 2007, I thought that no faith had any answers to what is God all about. That all changed when I was waiting three months to rent my house out. A young Korean Missionary couple came to look at the house, they finally signed the lease, and the guy gave me a book " Born Again & The Secret of Forgiveness of Sins", throughout my life all these kinds of books I have thrown in the dustbin, but these were my customers so I didn't want to offend them, so I put the book to one side. anyway the guy asked me three times if I read the book, and each time I said no, then he quickly changed the topic, this surprised me, because I half expected him to do the hard-sell on me. After the third time, I decided not to appear rude again, and at least answer yes I read it, and be able to say I disagree or agree with it. I thought let's do that guy a favour. I ended up doing myself a favour, because this book said things I never heard in my Church School education, and apparently it all came out of the Bible. The next time I saw the guy, he asked if I had read the book and I was relieved to say yes, and he asked if I had any questions, he then showed me the only true uncorrupted gospel message of Jesus which is preserved in the Bible.

Before this point I thought the worse charlatan was a corrupt lawyer, now I see it is a corrupt Pastor leading people to hell.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

Bringer:

Hello to you! Well, today is your lucky day! I can tell you where you can obtain the armor of God. You see it was already purchased for you when Christ was crucified and rose again on the third day. So it really doesn't cost you a thing and you even get something in the deal, your soul.

Ephesians 514 says:
"for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

Christ is the light shining in the darkness. Find the light, my friend, find someone who has the light and shines as bright as a star. Time to wake up O sleeper.' When the light begins a spark in your heart and you need to search where it is coming from. Then the spirit will help you find what you need to grow and begin your beautiful journey. You then will understand how one can indeed put on the full armor of God in this world.

Peace to you,
Grandma

top topics

join