It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Makes a Taliban Truce, Creating a Haven

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I always thought it was very weird how the US supported Pakistan like that. I thought the only reason was because of Musharraf. Is Musharraf in hiding now?

It's becoming very clear now that our (US) gov. have made a lot of very big mistakes. It would be a miracle if we all get through it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

With all respect, and full honesty, that is what India thinks.

Ok I agree with most of what you had to say.

But..
I doubt you speak for all of India

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

The US more or less ignored the seeping of the Taliban into the NWFP of Pakistan for some strange reason (diverted by Iraq probably).

Musharraf is still there and still strong. His supporters are hoping for his return, and they hate Yousuf Raza Gilani and Asif Ali Zardari (both of whom I quite like). I think Mush still comes out on TV from time to time to criticize etc.

reply to post by SLAYER69

I couldn't agree more. I can't presume to speak for a billion people, but based on my knowledge I think most mainstream Indians (ie those who vote Congress or BJP) would most definitely share my views.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I posted a new thread with some breaking news here

US troop buildup in Afghanistan could be a defining moment

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I couldn't stop laughing when a red most of the replies.

India and US can't do anything about pakistan.pakistani millitants constantly slaughter hundreds and thousands of hindus every year and the indian politicians sit and watch [snip].indian politicians like barking time to time but thats part of their barking routine.Hopefully the new cow piss drink will calm them down.

And US knows it cant attack pakistan and station its troops there as China would go absalutely MAD.And if pakistan does manage to fire its nukes and hit sorrounding targets than it will be K0 for both indians and US troops.

Pakistans army is fully equipped and knows how to fight proxy wars very well.

China has helped pakistan build its missiles, air force and nukes.They know the real threat is US not a bunch of bike ridin islamists who want to apply Sharia in their villages.

Removed inflammatory comment.
Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 18-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkava

Pakistans army is fully equipped and knows how to fight proxy wars very well.

Well first off some of the language you used is a tad bit offensive. I'll leave that to the mods.

Second if this is the case then why have they been getting their rear handed to them by the Taliban in recent weeks and now have a truce?
Because the Pakistani army isn't all that!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No sir, its because the Pakistani army and the Taliban are two heads of the same snake. They have no need to kill each other... ideologically they are both Islamist.

Heck, Hamid Gul was the man who created the Taliban!

reply to post by merkava

Poor language, grammar and punctuation; racial slurs and anti-US views... I think we might just be able to get the Pakistani perspective on this. Tell me, Merkava, what do you think about your country forming an alliance with the Taliban?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Second if this is the case then why have they been getting their rear handed to them by the Taliban in recent weeks and now have a truce?
Because the Pakistani army isn't all that!

You actually thought Pakistani army was there to kill the millitants??

If pakistani army was soo easy to defeat , india would have done that time ago and taken over pakistan like the israelis do in palestine.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Like you said pakistan and taliban are One thing.Well pakistan actually made them, funded them and trained them and they still do till this day *ISI*.

When it comes to attacking pakistan,US and india won't dare for some reason.DOnt know why but they just won't.Maybe the fear of nukes and china.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by merkava]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Oh here we go. Can anyone else recognise who this poster is, based on his pathetic literary ability and general sentiments?

Check the reg date of www.abovetopsecret.com... vs the registration date of merkava.

Welcome back, old foe.

Haven't you got any new insults apart from the "cow-worshippers" stuff?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by merkava

Oh here we go. Can anyone else recognise who this poster is, based on his pathetic literary ability and general sentiments?

Check the reg date of www.abovetopsecret.com... vs the registration date of merkava.

Welcome back, old foe.

Haven't you got any new insults apart from the "cow-worshippers" stuff?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by 44soulslayer]

huh what you on about? Can't debate so you turn to cheap ways to getting me banned? Really sad.

Yeh i got plently of new insults since Cow ko Cola came out.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

When it comes to attacking pakistan,US and india won't dare for some reason.DOnt know why but they just won't.Maybe the fear of nukes and china.

Won't dare? We attack Pak very often, and we don't even give your weak little military the option to shoot anything down but a RC plane with missiles on it. As for China, they aren't going to stick their noses out for you, sorry to tell you, and although they have a big army, that's all they have. Would China commit SUICIDE for your country, not to mention fight a war against its biggest investment for some bike riding fundies??
Hell, Israel has more nukes than China, and yours probably won't even work when you try and use them. I dont subscribe to any organized religion, but cow worshipping hindus are ALOT easier to coexist with than pig sucking Islamic extremists.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
One of my old work friends was from Pakistan, a truely fine fellow he was - its important to realise that the people of the country are as diverse as the impressive landscape it has to offer, indeed some areas even resemble Switzerland in terms of natural beauty!

Not all of the population are Islamic extremists but Pakistan really needs to get its house in order and fast! Least we not forget the recent terror attacks against India?

The prospect of extremist religious views mixed with WMD's simply cannot be tolerated - Pakistan has a decision to make, time is running out!

[edit on 18-2-2009 by freeradical]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
One of my old work friends was from Pakistan, a truely fine fellow he was - its important to realise that the people of the country are as diverse as the impressive landscape it has to offer, indeed some areas even resemble Switzerland in terms of natural beauty!

I don't doubt it. I know that if there were a bunch of Christian fundamentalists, stuck in the dark ages attacking NUMEROUS other countries and running back to hide near my family and friends, I would take up arms against them. Pakistan is NOT under occupation and there is no legitmate "resistance" movement to argue. I hope the moderate Pakistanis that have a strong desire to mind their own business and not spread religious hate and violence will stand up against the Talibastards.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

Good point I dont want to get into the Paki/India arguement I want to focus on nailing the Taliban.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just found this.

www.abc.net.au...

I wonder how that cease-fire is going.......

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Thanks Cygnus_Hunter
www.abc.net.au...

Mr Khan said he had no further details, but added that investigators were going to the scene. Earlier the channel's management also confirmed the killing of the journalist. Geo TV managing director Azhar Abbas said, "We do not know as yet whether he was shot dead or how he was killed, but Musa's brother Essa Khan Khel called us and confirmed that Musa is dead." The death came hours after a bomb destroyed a local press club in the restive South Waziristan tribal area bordering Afghanistan. The two-storey building was reduced to rubble by the explosion in Wana, the main town in the region, local administration official Ghafoor Shah said.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Since 2002, the U.S. Government has provided more than $2 billion to Pakistan to improve economic growth, education, health, and governance, and to reconstruct areas affected by the October 2005 earthquake.

www.usaid.gov...

Is it not wonderful to bear witness to the fruition of our generous philanthropic American tendencies...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is just something we cant back out of now we are headed for this and we may as well get it over with asap.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am indian. I got lots of pakistani friends, who have been pals from my childhood. I know many pakistanis who work with me, who are from pakistan...they are good folk.

its the rotten weeds of the religious fanatics who has paved way for the demise of pakistan. Just like the weeds corrupting the green grass, these fundamentalists have sown the posion through out the country and tere is no way out for pakistan, rather than be reborn again.

Who else will release Khan a known nuclear profiteer?
Who else will agree to a ceasefire with the taliban in Swat?

No comments on merkava's posts. It shows the users extreme phobia and racist tendencies. No Comments.

Pakistan as a nation is already failed.
Lets hope that the new generation of sensible politicians in pakistan (if any ) will wake up to the reality that their country is comitting slow suicide and hasten up its demise and build it up from scratch again as a democracy and not as a theocratic state veiled as a democracy.

To Slayer,
as to your bitterness at the indians for the outsourcing of jobs..i am sorry man...i too dont like this outsourcing business. have you watched the sketch Mumbai calling that runs on BBC ..i think...funny series that pokes fun at an indian call centre/outsourcing office.... watch it ..it will ease the bitterness if any.

[edit on 19/2/09 by coredrill]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join