It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Makes a Taliban Truce, Creating a Haven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To everyone that says this is not "good" at all. Think for a second.

You CAN'T create peace without seeing EVERYONE'S views. They want the Pakistani government to listen to them, so that they can tell their side of the story.

The saying, "We don't negotiate with terrorists" is fake, since 9/11 was an inside job. So the "TRUTH" is not out there being revealed.

Just because those groups in the Middle East are labeled "terrorists" doesn't mean that they necessarily are.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

As well as the UK and Canadian troops that are just over the border in Afghanistan (the German and french troops are tucked up safely in their bases)

Well I for one as an American thank our UK and Canadian cousins for their support but the **** uuhmm...
I mean our french allies

Obama showed his true colors I must admit within hours of swearing by firing on those Teliban outposts early on.

I think he may still surprise people. I hope he has the backbone to stay the course

[edit on 17-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Originally posted by xbranscombex
So..

They will stop killing eachother..
BUT will be allowed to sit and plan an attack on U.S without any intervention?

Great point X
Some things are true whether you believe them or not!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So bin Laden could be in the Swat Valley and we wouldn't even know it. Or be able to get to him.

There are no really good options for the U.S. We cannot invade Pakistan because they are supposedly our allies and mostly because they have nuclear weapons. Our campaign to win hearts and minds isn't working.

Great Britain and Russia have both tried to establish empires in Afghanistan and both were defeated. What makes us think we can do any better?

The U.S. should have supported the Russians when they were there, but our cold war mentality wouldn't have allowed that.

Another option is for Turkey to invade Afghanistan, but that's a long shot.

The U.S. is between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
So bin Laden could be in the Swat Valley and we wouldn't even know it. Or be able to get to him.

Great Britain and Russia have both tried to establish empires in Afghanistan and both were defeated. What makes us think we can do any better?

The U.S. should have supported the Russians when they were there, but our cold war mentality wouldn't have allowed that.

Well first off I think Osama been forgotten is dead IMO.

Second the US is not like previous empires of the past we dont hold onto the territory we conquer we give it back but with the understanding that we can come back. We dont need to hold it just kick some serious rear.

and lastly the old Soviets Union needed to be contained.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
i heard a while back somewhere that america was planning on taking over pakistan, ill try and find the source again

Any follow up on that information?
I would love to check it out.
Source please

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

"There are no really good options for the U.S. We cannot invade Pakistan because they are supposedly our allies and mostly because they have nuclear weapons. Our campaign to win hearts and minds isn't working."

I see it a bit differently. I see this as an opportunity for the US. Obama, even before becoming President, spoke of going into Pakistan should they have actionable intelligence. I believe this is as actionable as it gets.
The goal here is to centralize your enemy and "take them out"... Pakistan is most likely in on this ploy.

This is nothing but an attempt to save face by erradicating the Taliban. But at the same time, they are going to infuriate the rest of the Islamic world and create their future enemy. They always do this, they play both sides. They'll support someone and then a decade later cut them down.

This will likely put a major halt to operations in Iraq, also. As they'll be pulled out to go into Pakistan. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
In fact, he is already showing himself to be in lock-step with the previous administration that he was so critical of. He's just a better speaker.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
What are we there for? It's a simple question, surely the answer can't be too complicated, can it?

The complete answer probably is too complicated. In short, at least IMO, this clash of civilizations is inevitable and it needs to happen, sadly. It is the nature of this earth, it is violent and cruel...but out of great violence and tragedy always comes REAL change, and that is what we need now. Everybody's going broke, populations are exploding, and we can no longer stagnate as a species like this. Sharia law is disgusting to me personally, and to be quite honest I welcome taking them on head on, once and for all. I know my views won't be shared by all, but we ALL need to evolve and they knowingly remain weak links in evolution and the progress we have to make to survive. I wish there were non-violent means to solve the problem, but it can't always be that way.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

The war in Iraq is pretty much over the Iraqis themselves will have to deal with the issues of Iraq.

This is will free up troops for any expansion in Afgahnistan/Pakistan. Most likely you'll see a massive troop increase in the numbers in Afgahnistan and more bombing and missile strikes in swat.

I dont really see too many boots on the ground in Paki unless the US just goes all out and I dont think Obama has the backbone for that.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I understand where you are coming from. The idea is that the bad guys need to pay. Why? Because they know they are acting in a way that is inappropriate and you can't expect them to develop spiritually. Therefore, drop the bombs...

HOWEVER, you miss a key ingredient. What IF it is found out that we are just as wicked, but in another way...
I mean, we deliberately hold these people down. We HAVE the technology to help them, but we don't want to prop up a potential enemy. What good is it to put people on the same playing field as yourself? None, from a military standpoint...

Don't you see? We are a part of the problem. Your logic dictates that America will be wiped out as well.
There's your "real change."

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is all a joint us pak ploy to get the talibuns feeling comfortable and safe somewhere, they are guna get em all packed in to some tribal areas, and BAM 5 moab's on their heads.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh, I believe he does, and I believe that is where this is heading...
Pakistan hasn't SIDED with the Taliban, they have isolated them for US intervention.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well heck if we can figure that out I'm sure they can also.
I see this as a positive result of the missile attacks this seems to show that they cant handle the heat and are looking for a location to regroup and counter.

I hope somebody at the pentagon is awake at the wheel and does the right thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

My hope is that people here in the US wake up and tell their renegade, rogue Government to go to hell.
While that sounds like the topic for another thread, it isn't. It is all tied together. And it is starting to happen, but I fear not quick enough.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

well it looks like it's time to evacuate the civilians and start carpet bombing .

The taliban just needs to go away in a cloud of smoke.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Don't you see? We are a part of the problem. Your logic dictates that America will be wiped out as well.
There's your "real change."

If by part of the problem, you mean part of this planet, I agree. Just look back in time, the earth always finds a way to force evolution and change. Look at the violence that has been a part of this planet long before we were part of the problem. One apocalyptic event after another. The dinosaurs didn't have governments, wars, militaries, or religions...and look how things went for them. And I agree, America will one day be wiped out...if not by war, famine, or disease...it'll be a giant asteroid or the sun exploding. Real change.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I think this may be a "break" in the fighting so everyone can rest. They must be so tired, they have been fighting for 2000 years.

That's exactly the time you want to hit them, when they are weak, tired and disoriented - before they allow the Taliban to regroup and re-energize them.

Don't forget, the U.S. is allied now with India and India is also a nuclear power. I think we're watching what's going on in Pakistan very closely right now. I just pray that Obama and those clowns in Congress don't screw things up.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You can rest assured they will...

What is the opposite of PROgress? CONgress.
Silly joke aside, they have cast their lot long ago. It isn't something that any ONE of them has done (and I'm including members of congress here)... The problem is the military. This entire thing is a farce. I'm surprised there are even people left here who don't realize this. It is like a big f-ing play and we are sitting in the front row.
They will go in and escalate things in Pakistan, giving us another few years of uncertainty, leading up to the next Presidential election...
That way we keep our eyes off of what is actually going on and keep wondering who in the world is going to come in and fix it...

What NEEDS to happen is we need to cut our defense budget by a few billion dollars. Then we'll see stuff calm down.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Military Industrialized Complex--this is a cash cow for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join