It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharma Drugs causing suicide and violence...Surprise surprise look what i found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A database of infomation on killings, suicide and attacks by people on antidepressants or in withdrawal period:

www.ssristories.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Teenager killed his parents after being on Prozac

au.news.yahoo.com...

Pet chimp attacks women after he changed on the medication given for lyme disease.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
After reading this i automatically assume and think the scientists know what part of the brain when not functioning probably causes a person to be capable of murder.
The reason they probably dont elt the public know is because then the justice system and, forensics cops and associated institutions would not have much of a business to keep going.
So there you have it folks something is always linked to sometthing and usually supressed.
This could be pretty bad. We ignore this info because we dont want to nknow they can easily play with our minds like this.
But if they do this to all the soldiers then start doing to the masses we are in big trouble.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Wow! I'm seriously impressed with that list, it's kept well up to date even listing that subway incident a couple days ago. Once I heard the guy suffered from depression I just knew that meant he must have been medicated. Thank you very much.

They've been making links between antidepressant use and a higher risk of suicide for awhile, it's even a warning now.

On Sept 14, 2004, an FDA panel voted 18 to 5 to require manufacturers of all antidepressants to add black box warnings to their product labeling. A month later, the FDA adopted the panel's recommendations. The warning reads in part:

"Antidepressants increased the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior (suicidality) in short-term studies in children and adolescents with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and other psychiatric disorders. Anyone considering the use of [Drug Name] or any other antidepressant in a child or adolescent must balance this risk with the clinical need. Patients who are started on therapy should be observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, or unusual changes in behavior."

The warning specifically links antidepressant use to suicidal behavior in four percent of kids on these drugs compared to two percent for kids on placebos.

A "black box" warning is the most serious warning placed on the labeling of a prescription medication, but does not ban physicians from prescribing the drug to children and adolescents.

www.mcmanweb.com...

I got thinking that in these situations it would be difficult to determine if it was the condition or the medication that caused such a horrible outcome (suicide/violence). The skeptic in me wonders if these incidents even deserve being listed on a site like that, if they've been actually proven. But it's not possible to solidly prove really. Then the paranoid in me says, that's how it's probably intended! - people with mental illness would be the perfect target for drugs to use for these purposes, since you can always blame their mental illness.

I dunno, when the FDA itself decides to put a warning about suicide on the box, that gets me wondering.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sara1 the unusual thing is that doctors prescribe these drugs to people who do want to suicide themselves. Its like giving them a gateway legally.
As i said there is alot of things those we trust can get away with. As times have changed, people change and im sure drugs have now changed to suit their agenda legally.
They have enough money to get this swept under the carpet and now that FDa is in bed with them we will never know for sure or be able to link the violence we see today.
OK i edited the last part i wrote.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to your brother.
He needs help, maybe even hospitalization?

I know it's incredibly easy here to be put on antidepressants, that's the problem! You don't need to be diagnosed properly the pills are pushed on you, for any low you get. As if people feeling low sometimes is unnatural, we can't all be happy all of the time. I mean look at the advertisements the pharmaceutical companies are shoving down our throats: Are you anxious in social situations? Get paxil it'll fix everything! Yeah, antidepressants do that too, they fix everything! (according to them) They're selling people wonder pills for any and all problems, however normal and part of life they may be.

It's like the whole ADHD thing being pushed on kids too. Now teachers themselves have decided it's their duty to decide which fidgety kid has ADHD, and suddenly any kid that is active in any way, which is completely normal imo, is drugged up!

There's definitely overmedication going on and that's exactly what the pharmaceutical companies want, more sales.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sara1

I got thinking that in these situations it would be difficult to determine if it was the condition or the medication that caused such a horrible outcome (suicide/violence).

I know that with the suicide warning, it's not so much that the anti-depressants make people suicidal as that they make suicidal people functional.

In other words, people who have been very depressed and wishing for death but too despairing to be able to come up with a plan and follow through with it, become able to do so before the depression has completely lifted.

And you're right about it being too easy to get antidepressants, and that this is one reason. If a person is depressed enough to need prescription medicine for it, it is imperative that they be seen by someone who also has training in screening for suicide risk. A general practitioner, unless they have had additional training, will not be able to do that.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
yea im on the fence about this one

this is really a hard thing to get facts and number on

as like the one person said

people who take these medicines are already people who have a lot of internal struggles that they are dealing with

they could be suicidal already just not full blown

we dont know the reasons behind all these people feeling this way

it could be because someone wronged them or hurt them

so these medicines may cause people to become killers

or simply these could be people who through the course of their life has just been put in situations that make them killers and the drugs just clear their head enough to realize thats what they truly want to do

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dramey
"or simply these could be people who through the course of their life has just been put in situations that make them killers and the drugs just clear their head enough to realize thats what they truly want to do"

That's kind of a sick way of putting it.

B vitamins can help depression but they do not let this on.

It is normal in the human race to have low days and feeling depressed. This is mass medication and over prescribing we are seeing today.

I do not believe that these people who might have came form good families and were good all their lives such as my brother would just suddenly one day turn around and love to kill.

I seen how my brother changed from a loving friendly helpful person who never touched drugsd in his life or smoked. To becoming Skitzophrenic whilst being on the drugs. The anti depressants are changing people. My brother and i are like twins only one year apart. He always tells me everything. He would tell me if he ever done substance abuse always.

My brother was started on anti depressants then he became a different person then they moved him onto skitzophrenia drugs. I can assure you that i strongly believe this is big pharma's way of getting people to be incompetent and keep buying their drugs with risks involved.

The drug companies might aswell attend every funeral and hand out free anti depressants. Its a joke because thats how they are handing out drugs now.

My brother got depressed from a gf leaving him why did he need the drugs for? It only takes a couple of months for a person to get over it and they didnt give him that chance nor council him.

I wish i wasnt on holidays at the time my parents took him to the doctors i could have saved my brother from becoming a zombie.

Even though the packet on my brothers drugs tells him not to take b vitamins with the drugs and i know why now. He takes them now after seeing an alternative practioner and hes not jumbled and all over the place now with his thoughts and speech. He talks normally when he takes his b vitamins & omega 3. I got him onto the diet i'am on now the raw food diet. He eats lots of fruit about 15 pieces throughout the day. He seems happier lately and is exercising. Now all i know is i have to take him to rehab or some retreat where they can slowly wean him off the tablets by making sure hes kept in an environment that will help him overcome the withdrawal.

Once your are on anti depressants your brain becomes reliant on them. If he misses one day and his brain is missing that part of serotnin he needs then he will become confused and jumbled, depressed and angry. Believe me it will happen to all those on these tablets. Because their brain is reliant on the tablets and does not produce it themselves. Its not hard to see when they are reliant on the tablets how much money goes to big phrama, when you are in my position and have known your family members all your life suddenly change whilst on the tablets. Many families dont question this that it would be pharma drugs cause they got the masses to accept and believe them. Everytime my brother tries to wean himself off because he cant stand being on it once he feels better its dangerous. I have to keep reminding him that he has to stay on it till we find some good hearted person to take him off someone who is not greedy for money whilst doing their job. But in todays world its impossible. Just like its impossible to get people to see the truth unless the same thing is happening to their families.

Doctors get paid by pharmaceuticals to sell their drugs. I can see why drug prescribing is rampant. Back in the old days my parents time doctors used to care for people health by telling them to exercise and eat right. Now they dont learn that and they will lose their licence if theytell people to eat right and and take b vitamins.

I also heard frontal lobe damage can be the cause of metal illness could this be what the drugs are doing?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In the pre-drug days there were no such things as the shootings that we are having today.
There has always been suicide, but I wonder if it was as prevalent.

Are there any stats for such incidents from before these drugs came into popular use?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
In the pre-drug days there were no such things as the shootings that we are having today.
There has always been suicide, but I wonder if it was as prevalent.

Are there any stats for such incidents from before these drugs came into popular use?

Try googling it. But im sure they keep it unknown.

new topics

top topics

join