It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car damaged by unknowm force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I heard about this on coast to coast and just thought people would be interested. Just scroll down the main page and you will see the car.

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yeah I just heard this on C2C too. This is completely nuts. Apparently the girl was just driving down the road and all of a sudden got "side-swiped"... when no one at all was around her.

There is not one scratch on this car.

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Tgautier13]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RainMan_DOT

Odd it looks like plastic that was near a heat source of some kind and bent out of shape.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by rangersdad]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Odd it looks like plastic that was near a heat source of some kind and bent out of shape.

Fermilab is located near that area... Fermilab is the second largest particle accelerator in the world, right behind the Large Hadron Collider. Maybe this might have something to do with it?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This was posted before on here awhile back. Not sure of the link but cheers for the find anyway

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermilab]Fermilab[/url] is located near that area... Fermilab is the second largest particle accelerator in the world, right behind the Large Hadron Collider. Maybe this might have something to do with it?

Wow that's an idea, they do use some massive magnets there.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Fermilab is no where near to where this damage occured. It is probably thirty miles away. I live between the two.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I saw that image a few weeks ago, and it definitely resembles a Deer hit. I have had the exact same thing happen to a vehicle of mine, except for the fact that the individual driving it at the time was stopped at a Red Light.

A Huge Buck came flying over a berm during the Fall Season a few years ago, and the driver felt the entire car rock extremely hard to one side. They looked over, and there was a White-Tailed Buck, he had leapt clear over the berm, and by the time he saw the car he was already on a collision course. His head rammed into the Right Rear Passenger Door, and when he scrambled to gain traction (In order to Right Himself), his Rear-End clobbered a Huge Dent into the Right Front Passenger Door, and he knocked the Right Side-view Mirror down into a Hanging Position (The exact same manner as the Vehicle in question here).

Soon thereafter the Driver witnessed the Deer stumbling off in a Dizzy Daze, and one of their Co-workers who was a few cars back later mentioned that they had in fact witnessed the entire incident as well.

As for the Damage, the entire Right Side of the Vehicle was crumpled in (Both Doors), and the Right Side-view Mirror was shattered and dangling by its wires. There was NO Blood, NO Fur, and Not even a SINGLE Scrape on the Paint (At least not a Scrape that went through any level of Basecoat). As for the Deer, I do believe that he in fact survived with a slight Headache.

So there you go, if I had never witnessed the Damage myself, nor Heard the story Firsthand, I would have NEVER imagined that a Deer could take on a 1.5 Ton Car (An Old School VOLVO at that! [They are Built like absolute Tanks] ), and live to tell about it.

White-tailed Deer are EXTREMELY Strong, and Swift. Just remember that when you decide to ever underestimate the Neck and Head strength of an Animal that most likely is No Taller than yourself. They can easily Kill you with a Head Butt, and at the Very least Crack a Few Ribs.

Bottom line, if the Driver of the Vehicle in Question were to swipe a Deer at 40 MPH, or have the Deer run into Her from the Side as she Passed, in the manner which she so describes, then it is Highly Probable to NEVER find Blood, Fur, A Body, or any likewise evidence at the scene.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

It is actually just the extremely cheap manner in which many vehicles currently have their bodies designed. Whereas an Old School 1973 Caprice I used to have could Bump into a Modern Vehicle, and Never receive a Scratch (Much Less a Dent); I have seen Modern Cars bump eachother at 5-10 MPH, and yet they somehow managed to lose their entire Bumper Cover/Bumper, Taillights/Headlights, Quarter Panels, Fenders, etc.

I even witnessed a newer vehicle Nose Dive into another, Older car one time, and while the Older Car suffered only a slight bend in the unsupported underside of its Quarter Panel, the newer Vehicle had its Grill and Front Bumper Smashed, with an Exposed and Hanging Radiator (Which was Damaged).

Also, you need to take into account:

-The lighting situation in which these photographs were taken.

-The level of shine which this car possesses (Someone kept their beauty Waxed and/or Polished).

-The fact that it was not another vehicle which caused this Damage (i.e., the reason why you do not witness exposed Primer, Sheet Metal, or overly Jagged Edges in the Crumpled Zone).

Although it is still far from a 100% Conclusive Answer, through my own Experience (of a RARE Event), I still put forth the Theory that this was in fact a Deer Strike.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A daer strike just doesn't add up for me because ive seen plenty of accidents in my neck of the woods. and none of them look like that photo. also a deer doesn't explain all the random angles of the damage. plus the car was pushed and i really dont think a deer can move over a ton of metal.

join