It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aggravation And Stereotypes: What Annoyed You Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I don't know what has happened to this country but it seems everyday I tend to get annoyed about some thing. At first it was just a mild disturbance but now I can almost predict what happens next depending on what I happen to be doing or where I'm going.

Maybe it's the reshaping of our nation in some way, or maybe I'm just getting old and I'm griping about the younger generation, but this doesn't just apply to young kids. I'm beginning to notice a pattern that's leading me to believe there may be new sterotypes that are developing within certain groups of people.
I'm not just talking about the locals but the folks that have immigrated to this country as well, maybe even folks the world over.

Let me give you a few examples:

* I could be at a store, walking the aisles, doing some shopping or waiting in line to pay for my merchandise, when all of a sudden a little kid starts crying for no apparent reason. He keeps wailing and wailing and the freakin' parents don't do a thing. What I'm beginning to notice is that 8 times out of 10 these kids happen to be of Hispanic descent.
Yeah, sometimes it's a little girl but it's usually a Mexi-boy.
Why is that?

Hell, I'm Hispanic myself but I never sounded like a freakin' siren when I was a kid.
Maybe it's a culture thing but damn it's annoying.

* If I'm forced to call tech support for a certain product I usually get someone in the Phillipines or India. If I get Sanjaya on the phone he has to follow a certain protocol while I explain the situation. With every question I ask he has to put me on hold to ask his supervisor. When he finally comes back 5 minutes later, I try to jump ahead and cut to the chase but he gets confused and is forced to start over. What's even more aggravating is that he tries to convince me his name is actually Taylor, Chip or some other American sounding name when his accent clearly gives him away.
I normally end the call by asking "So how's the weather in New Delhi?"

* If I go to a restaurant and get waited on by some young teenage kid, it's like he/she doesn't want to be there. They don't have a clue about what customer service is all about and if they mess up the order they act as if it's my fault. No apology whatsoever. I just grin and bear it long enough until I get my food.
A word to the wise: don't ever complain about the service until after you get your food, especially with the young generation, otherwise...

* I was having to call my satellite TV provider, over the last 4-5 months, several times due to lost programming of my receivers. The problem eventually got resolved but it seems that 3 of the 5 times I called I happened to get an individual that was black and each time I was told the system was down and to call back later. So I hang up, call again, get someone else from Oklahoma and my problem gets resolved.
Seems like for some people, passing the buck in now an art form.

I could go on with more stories but these are the few that immediately come to mind.
I may even be back tomorrow with another story of another great aggravating ordeal.

How 'bout you? ...
Did you experience anything today that really aggravated you?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well today nothing as of yet (passed midnight
) but if you mean yesterday, only thing that annoyed me pretty much was that it was my birthday. Turned 20. People wouldn't leave me alone, that's pretty much it. Nothing to be aggravated about, but when your trying to take a nap after a hard day of class gets kind of annoying

Anywho, the most that I ever get aggravated at is pretty much at work when people ask you to find things. Even though they are in plain sight can't find them, and so they ask the manager to see if they can find them.

Although those two things annoy me quite a bit the one thing that annoyed me the most was a woman who came in the store and this little girl was purchasing something with her own money. She was counting it and I was helping her as best she could, and mind you I have had a rough day, been on my feet for about 6 hours (not counting the hours I had to walk to and from classes previously from school - being that I went straight to work after classes) but apparently her mother, almost instantly snatches at her money and tries to make her count faster. The mother seemed very aggravated with her and was pretty much calling her Dufus the whole time.

Now their was no one else in line at that time either so I really didn't mind and I had nothing else to do, but for the most part in that type of situation even though it didn't really pertain to me it annoyed me the most. As now I'm wondering and thinking if that child has to go through the treatment everyday and perhaps abuse? I don't know if I knew more I'd do something, but as for now It will stay upon my mind as an annoyance of what I am unable to do to help that girl. Other than gave glares toward her mother while behind the counter, just inches away from punching her.

new topics

join