It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myan calender

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Is it possible that it expires when it does, only because they died off befor continuing it?

Notice how I said 'continuing', and not 'finishing'.

My cell phone can look at dates from now up until December 31st, 2099.

Does that mean that's when the world is going to end?

NO! That's just when they stopped writting it.

Why are we to assume the same didn't happen with the Myans?

Maybe they got lazy and said screw it. Perhaps they died off durring it. Perhaps the boss in charge of the calender fell asleep and the workers said, 'oh yes sir, we finished it', after he woke back up.

The future isn't written for anyone. And if you really believe the world is coming to an end in December of 2012, then you have no right having a child, cause you'd be knowingly killing it. Why if you knew the world was going to end, create more suffering?

Why bother getting a job?
Why pay your bills?
Why not eat all that yummy food that taste great, but is really bad for you?
Why not be constantly buzzed, drunk, or high?
Why not go on a killing spree of everyone you hate?
Why stay in school?
Why, why, why?

I'll tell you why, cause on the off chance the Earth isn't destroyed, or whatever on, or around December 21, 2012, there will be conciquences for your actions.

If you truely TRUELY believe in the December 2012 prophecy, and you knowingly, and willingy brought a child into this world, you are a scumbag. You might as well quit your job, and cheat on your spouce openly.

Afterall, why not. The worlds ending soon right?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
honestly because life is suppose to be enjoyed and it would be hard to enjoy life just sitting around doing nothing waiting for the world to end.

like, why would anyone want to just sit around.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
... Because waiting around for the world to end is doing to yourself the most horrible of sins (at least to many atheists I know): not enjoying life. Then just waiting around means you're a scumbag. We all know that someday our bodies will go kaput, so why do anything ever?

Besides, Dec. 21, 2012 is going to be a great day. No asteroid is going to hit the earth, no magnetic polar shift will cause the Earth to explode (or whatever else "scientists" say would happen), and Nibiru isn't going to collide with the planet. The Earth will ascend in its vibrations into the upper 4th dimension, then onto the 5th and 6th, where she belongs, and people with more positive vibrations (service to others, i.e. Love) will get to higher places, because they've created those realities. People with more negative vibrations (service to self, i.e. fear) will get to lower dimensions because they create those realities. That's what is going to happen, and all you have to do to get to the higher dimensions is have love for other people, yourself, and life.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well I'm not sure they meant the world would come to an end the calender just stops.

I'm looking forward to getting out my old dusty Blueray version of the movie 2012 in 2013 and get drunk while watching it over and over and laughing

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Don't see any references to aliens or UFOs, so moving to Prophecy....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Spot On
Spot On
Spot On

I have been laughing my ass off at the 2012 fanatics and I thought I would not waste my time writing a response to them.

Star & Flag for you boy!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No one said a thing about not doing anything but sitting around.

top topics

join