It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Redhatty....good thread and a good money maker for some.

Are you named after the gold mine stock listed of the toronto exchange?

Nevertheless it would do everybody good to look at the Soviet Union meltdown and how they managed the crisis. Our scenario may have some parallels.

Peace to all
WR

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

As in...swaping some Natural resources for debt?

WOW

this will get ugly...I'll trade ya...I got bid yadda yadda...and...sold!!!
reminds me of the red barn auction...

Larry Kudlows going crazy now...he hates...bears...no mustard seeds today...ass-clown...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

resources for debt... interesting, soon enough we'll be back to the barter system.

Whiteraven, no gold mine, Red Hat Society, I'm surrounded by those red hats and purple dresses

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Shucks...we could trade La for ???

they'll be on the market soon enough...and kansas, michigan at 13% unemployment I hear...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have to chuckle to myself as I read comments by some wishing to make something of a little profit, or encouraging and hoping others manage to do so off the back of a temporary strengthing dollar. Fair enough, I suppose it is a happy distraction whilst the Asian, Eastern-bloc, and European countries spin inevitably towards a domino-effect of crashing.

You see, European financial centers are trying to stave off the effects of a 'double-whammy', that of connections to American sub-prime, but also, lending large amounts to Russia, Ukraine, and other Eastern-bloc countries, all of whom are taking nosedives off the topper-most branch of the finance tree, and hitting every branch on the way down. As they topple financially - because their economies are sinking faster than a lead balloon, they cannot repay the colossal loans they received, so their disintergration is pulling down the lenders also. With this in mind, and with America facing only one bad aspect of its own mismanaged finances (they are not linked to the same double-whammy as their European counterparts), the dollar is looking like a safe haven, so it is being bought up in large amounts. Yet, by this happening, America becomes connected to the 'double-whammy' through the devaluation of the dollar (to occur soon) when those countries collapse financially. America, or certainly parts of it, will feel the domino effect of the European crash. The only way to escape this is not to be connected at all.

The whole idea behind the bailouts was to get the banks lending again, to get the credit markets unfrozen (or so we were all led to believe)...unfortunately, they've hit a iceage, so we are now seeing contractions of economies worldwide. The bailouts are no longer for unfreezing credit, but merely to prop up failing and collapsing economies. We are witnessing countries dying financially, and are hearing the 'death rattles' from them. Keep an eye on Austria! Equally, other countries to have at least one eye open on are Ireland, Spain, Greece (which has ordered its banks out of the Balkans), and Portugal.

Somehow, all this European failing is about making the Euro the central currency. So I would expect to see it strengthen later in the year, and the British pound to take such a battering that the UK government will adopt the Euro against the wishes of its population. How this opens up avenues for civil unrest is anybody's guess, but it looks likely. Out of this manufactured mess is the concept of centralisation and corporatistic impositions replacing cherished historical traditions and ideas on freedom and liberty. We will no longer be looked upon as 'free individuals', but as corporate assets to be traded as is seen fit. I believe America has its own similar concept unfolding, synchronised to that of Europe. We shall see...but in the meantime, go make a little profit while you can...it ain't going to last.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok...revalue home prices to 1997 levels...easy...there's yer valuation...

Dow Average closes above 7,500; gains 50 percent in last 18 months
findarticles.com...

Dow Average closes above 7,500; gains 50 percent in last 18 months
Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) , Jun 11, 1997

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow Jones industrial average finished above 7,500 for the first time, giving it a stunning 50 percent gain in about a year and a half, as stocks staged another record-setting advance on Tuesday.

there's yer solution...value equalization on market value scale...there's yer price...subtract today from 1997...wala...HELLO

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

No money for war? Someone should have told Roosevelt that.War seems to be the best way to get out from under a severe depression.

Governments are happy to employ people during war. The people that run the government behind the scenes are in the business of "culling the herd"... that is, killing people because they believe it is their duty to keep population levels down.

Since they are the same people in charge of the central banks worldwide, they are the ones to decide to create money for governments when it comes time to spend on military and weapons. So the money is ALWAYS there for war, even though they may use the excuse that they don't have enough surplus, tax revenue, or borrowing capability to fund what the people actually want and need.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Bloomberg JUST NOW had a segment on this.

The Singaporean correspondent chalked it up to Korean banks and debt being called.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What??? Korea did what?!?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

De-coupling is dead...

Yes...Austria & Sweden were major props lately for Eastern Markets...

Most Border Countrys to Eastern Markets are in for 60%-70% of GDP to "prop" the "E" Markets...10% - 20% default rates would hammer them...as we see now...

can anyone say...Domino...

watch....(not only me...)

Eastern Europe is about to Blow
informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here's an interesting source for the run on the dollar...

www.ft.com...

The first paragraph explains the connections being made by Europe to America, and the potential for catastrophic domino effect, affecting America also. If the pieces start to fall, America will want to disconnect pretty rapidly, but that will leave the dollar floundering in Europe. Not good.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have a theory- gonna try to make it short.

Let's say the US did this, to bring the currency value back up- There's still like a trillion dollars that were lent out a while back, and no one wants to say anything about it.

So, they buy up US currency one way or another, burn the excess, and BOOM- instant revalued currency. And of course it's to the detriment of the other countries- but our wonderful govt dont care.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I have a theory- gonna try to make it short.

Let's say the US did this, to bring the currency value back up- There's still like a trillion dollars that were lent out a while back, and no one wants to say anything about it.

So, they buy up US currency one way or another, burn the excess, and BOOM- instant revalued currency. And of course it's to the detriment of the other countries- but our wonderful govt dont care.

We trudged through this last night... But it would be shooting our own markets in the foot...

the NYSE doesn't take kindly to a strong USD... The markets would slide... which they did, Futures would also show a slight slide... which we'll feel next month..

however, the strong USD is merely an artificial high... If you compare it to the price of gold, silver and plat, the USD has actually LOST value... it just seems slightly higher because some of the USD has been taken out of circulation with the buying up of American money...

The fact that virtually all currencies were weak against the USD seems, at least to me, that foreign markets were "fleeing" other currencies... Which could signal something even worse than what you are suggesting... It could mean, that foreign markets are on the verge of collapse (look at eastern europe) and investors feel that the USD is a better bet than any other currency at the moment...

At least in your scenario, the slide would be controlled by some powers somewhere... but the reality is probably more frightening: No one is in control.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is a classic shortage of printed money, and that's about all.

Whenever you have massive deflation, the cure is to inflate the currency to level off. Kinda like a hot air balloon.

The money supply is too low, so the governments of the world are printing and circulating new money.

The time for the money to take effect is roughly the same amount of time that a change in interest rates by the Fed Res takes to take effect: 9 months.

Expect the DJIA to drop to a low of 5920, then rise. This will occur before the end of the year, because the effects of the new money in the system will push the economy up again.

Hang in there. It's not complicated, just diverse.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Look at the Rothchilds... with over $500 TRILLION in net worth... they control everything!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Interesting article.

Basically we need to do something, I'm in agreement with that.

The problem is that our brilliant financial minds, our wonderful elected government cooks, and the Corporate puppet masters, are all addicted to the revenues of high taxes and the subsequent strangle holds on the worlds markets because smaller upcoming businesses can't survive in this volitile market environment.

So instead of telling their government puppets to do the right thing which is cut budgets, and all other cost effective solutions. The corporations would rather sink the whole ship instead of taking a hit and giving up market share to emerging businesses with superior products.

They have called the ambulance and instead of taking the direct route to the hospital to revive the heart attack victim they decided to take the scenic route and have the Tech perform CPR the whole way so when the victim finally arrives at the hospital they will be pronounced dead.

Great. I wonder what the markets are going to do tonight. Could the whole world be collapsed by the end of the week?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanx redhatty and profx for your wisdom on this subject...i for one do not have "game" in these matters but i am hungry for the knowledge....so keep it up !!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousdrum

Thanx redhatty and profx for your wisdom on this subject...i for one do not have "game" in these matters but i am hungry for the knowledge....so keep it up !!!

Thank you for your kindness. My interest in this game is for my grandchildren and the world they are inheriting. I also miss teaching, and as you guessed, I do like to keep my mind active, especially since the arthritis takes the toll on physical activity.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
so whats the word? has the world ended yet? or do we have to wait a couple more months?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So do people think it is time to start shorting the dollar? I know Bill Gates, Warrent Buffet have put some serious money into play waiting for the US Dollar to tank. There is an ETF (UDN - PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bearish) that can handle the position easily.

I would like to get some feedback.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join