It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seb118

to me this is almost like...a fallacy...mostly in the minds of the rich. see the rich aren't really who keep the economies going. it's the rest of us. as is being demonstrated now. but then i'm financially challenged, who knows.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I had this thought last week.
They pushed back the vote for th stimulus bill until Fri.
This may have been because news of this bill always has an effect on the markets. If they passed it mid week it would affect it the next day. Waiting til the long weekend gave a cushion from this, three days for the market to digest the info. Low and behold, 12 hours prior to the first day back to market and all this happens. Seems it didn't stay down well.

Obama ran to Denver. Is this so he wouldn't be in DC if the SHTF when markets open? He even flip flopped on the EXTREME urgency to pass the bill ASAP. Has he signed it YET?

And why is it H. Clinton just happens to be in Asia.

OH, and the healthcare related news.... its in the stimulus bill.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Russia Closes Markets.... ~10:00am EST
market-ticker.denninger.net...

They had enough...some others will be next...7% - 9% is pretty drastic...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
All I can say is John Titor was right...

Civil War is upon us.

What are you talking about? Civil war????? You think so?

Hmmm

Riots? Nope
Demonstrations about the government? Nope
Organized movements against the government? Nope
Militias taking to the streets? Nope

What, exactly, are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
oh sorry man... i just didnt want people getting worked up, cus i missed it as everyone crying the sky is falling

its really not that bad... hell france was on fire the other month... where were you guys saying the end of the world then...

and its still here...

we wont feel this ... barely if at all... prices will go up a little maybe... bread will still be the same price

While I agree that people are getting a bit too worked up, you have to agree that the markets are a good indicator of economic confidence. And right now it looks like a bit of panic is setting in. Or are you saying there's nothing at all to worry about? Because everybody and their dog seems to be saying that this has the potential to be extremely serious.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wonder if Romania shut up also...no update since 9:30 EST

www.indexq.org...
500 - Internal Server Error
is down to...overwhelmed?

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Lucidity

Sorry, but if i do agree that the working masses MAKE the economy, please accept this fact : the rich CONTROL it.

in 1789, when the French people took power, and kicked the nobles out, they were controlled by the bourgeoisie without knowing it. Same thing in 1917 in Russia. Lenin was a banker for god's sake! Same for Germany in 1933, Hitler and his gang were financed by German industrialists.

In the US, 10% of the population own 90% of the GDP. When they will loose money, they will try to turn the rest into slavery to keep their standards intact.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by uplander

Go back a page.

Apparently my attempt at trying to lighten the mood has failed.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
All I can say is John Titor was right...

Civil War is upon us.

What are you talking about? Civil war????? You think so?

Hmmm

Riots? Nope
Demonstrations about the government? Nope
Organized movements against the government? Nope
Militias taking to the streets? Nope

What, exactly, are you talking about?

Kansas can't make payroll this month. I don't think these types of theories, civil war, are too off the mark. If people stop getting their paychecks what do you think will happen? Riots, Demonstrations, Militias - for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
RUSSIAN TRADED INDEX 868.85 -121.64 -12.28% 10:23

now that's a hit...no wonder they closed...

Times...they are a changin'...

Cali to layoff 20,000 also?

Anyone watching to 10 Yr $ Yield? Dropping...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
While I agree to the thought that the end is NOT nigh, there is no denying the ironclad fact that the markets are suffering from the antics of last night's overseas US currency trades. Nobody knows what the market will do today. However, it will undoubtedly be interesting to watch

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Notice how the DJIA has stablized and even risin'?
The PPT at work???

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
it goes up and down... and back up and back down and over and over... just look at it since the 80s and tell me how many ups and down like this you see that are EXPONENTIALLY HIGHER THAN THIS...

you guys think any breeze blowing is going to be a hurricane.. chill out and have a beer

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I agree, that is the only way that it would be climbing on all the other news

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
it dropped now its level. it may drop some more, but it will be back.. to drop again lol and raise... itll make you nuts if you watch it like you are... trust me

for real guys read babypips.com and start becoming interested in forex. its a lot of fun (as long as you know that fun is an emotion :roll

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I was thinking PPT when Obama signed the bill off, but not sure when that is. Before the close of business or deliberately after it. Anyone?

Last hour should be interesting, might even see one major bear trap. Market rallied last week by 200+ points, but I cannot see how the volume would be there today.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Well FOREX might be well and fine...we'll trade paper, while eating leaves on a curb, when all the jobs are gone

Edit: Dang now even Icelands down...our only hope...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

exactly. Every now and then, a backward leap of say 200-300 years in time is a safe move. At least pollution and oil problems will be solved.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
lol ya even tho the dollar is still holding up comparatively.

dont get me wrong.. everything is going down at the same rate.

everyone is hurting, but its nothing new. and its not the end. especially not today

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

OHHHHHHH now I get it...your part of the PPT!!! Well done Lad...hold off the wolves of Baskerville, till the Gov can fix more stupid plans that are on hold...

hhhmmm Yens rising...Euros falling...huh...

Oil @ 34.50 ?!?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join