It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
where are you guys getting your market news???

this is nothing that big....

the world will still be here tomorrow

i just dont see how you guys can get so worked up over not that much movement, unless you NEVER watch forex.

everything is the same as it has been for months now....

eurusd is still 1.26 (since the drop from november)
gbpusd is still 1.42 (since its drop a while back
yen is 92 which means the dollar got better since last month....

nothing scary is going on....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
oh and i especially like this report....

US Dollar May Find Itself As The Top FX Safe Haven And Growth Leader

www.dailyfx.com...

It may become the top safe haven but it's like jumping from a cow pat to a pile of camel dung.

Choosing the least bad out of a pile of crap isn't going to save anyone in the long run.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So does this mean a major corporation felt they were going down and decided to sell all their stock off at a lower price to save themselves and put a dent in the markets?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Well, as far as the average joe goes... you most likely won't feel anything for 8 months to 16 months... (remember, the stock market crashed in Oct 1929, and the depression really didn't start until late '30 early '31).

However, we will see some massive inflation coming up in the next year or so, as a result of the billions of dollars entered into circulation from the bailout bills...

The roughest part is going to be the "death spiral" we've entered into... Companies lose money, so they let people go... now those people can't contribute much to the economy, which means less retail etc, further lowering profit margins... now that there's less profit, another round of layoffs ensues... and so on and so on...

In the short term... look towards prices rising significantly, and money not going as far as it used to...

The best advice I can give, is to buy locally made goods from locally owned vendors...

When everything goes to crap... you'll have to think in terms of local economy to boost the local standards of living...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
All I can say is John Titor was right...

Civil War is upon us.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
nice analogies...

but yea its always moving like this....

biggest concern is george soros is short the eurusd

he might kill it...

like the pound that one day... en.wikipedia.org...

and the ringgit.. www.nber.org...

as stated by him... www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Another interesting observation culled from the web:

The dollar isn't getting stronger - not by a long shot. It is weakening rapidly.

What you see is the dollar index as measured against other currencies. Foreign currencies are falling faster because 85% of their value is held in reserves of US dollars.

The dollar is falling.
Other currencies are falling faster.

Thus, the index show the dollar gaining against other currencies. Yes, technically the dollar is now stronger against the yen, say, but it isn't intrinsically stronger.

If the dollar were really strengthening, gold would be in free-fall. Gold is going up.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

WOW

That was a pointed article...told it like it was...everyone should read that...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

well, its not that big until you also add the factor that eastern europe is experiencing losses of 7-9%... Western Europe pumped a crapload of money into Eastern Eu markets to bail them out not so long ago...

Its speculated that if the East EU loses 10%... they will be forced to default...

If they default... Western EU is completely hosed... and it could spur on a total collapse...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

yep. they just don't WANT to lend the money. thanks for the link. interesting. not sure i understand it all but...interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Dang!!!! This is the biggest market day since dec and I got a Dr's Appointment in awhile...cancel it?

Edit: More Coffee!!!!!!!!
before it goes up even more....

dang Bankers and interest....and rating agencys cutting markets down

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It s easy: if the rich loose their money in huge levels, it will spread down to the entire society fast. Like 12-18 months if the slope is gentle, or 6 months if its a hard one. Even less if its a major once in a millenium collapse.

Meaning working class people will see less and less job available, and unemployment will soar. Only the best and most efficient workers will keep normal jobs but salary will go down ( in corrected purchasing power). Inventive and risk takers will gain from this situation as usual.

traditional goods ( food, lodging ( not real estate), health)costs will soar in real prices.

A bit similar to the Soviet Union at their best...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
you guys will see...

you already can...

download metatrader and watch it... its my #1 source for world news.

you want to see exactly whats happening (which is absolutely nothing right now)

forex is the biggest market. most liquid, most traded.

if its not doing anything... then i really wouldnt worry, and i would never say civil war is upon us. thats just stupid.

who cares about stocks... its fake and based on hype... who cares about stupid 200million a day when the fx market is 4 trillion a day.

those idiots were only doing good because they were riding a 30 year bull run, and when the markets started acting like markets again and going down as well as up, they didnt know what to do so they lost all their money.

thats why good traders are doing good and the rest of the people are losing money like they should.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Dang!!!! This is the biggest market day since dec and I got a Dr's Appointment in awhile...cancel it?

Edit: More Coffee!!!!!!!!
before it goes up even more....

dang Bankers and interest....and rating agencys cutting markets down

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

No wonder you need to see the doctor, the amount of coffee you're guzzling

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Russia -9.40%

Czech - 7.9%

Its looking like we might see some default action in the near future eh?

Anyone know if Russia shut down a second time? I know they just came off a 1 hour "cool-down"...

prally russian investors needed a quick cig break after getting raped that hard lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It is going to affect us for one simple reason the average joes are invested into these markets through many of their retirement "funds". These super companies are what moves our products both importing and exporting. Now when all of these uber rich companies and people in charge start to loose too much monies, they will close up shop and horde it like we would be hording food at that time.
It may seem far from those on the regular main street at this point.Due to the MSM not reporting the true state of affairs. But in reality it is at the front door trying to bang it down. When these guys start loosing big time and the bail outs have run out you are going to see massive inflation on all fronts. It won't matter where you live it is going to hit everyone. The panic of most people is that if it goes "to far" it could mean the demise of many countries and their ability to help their people through this.
This alone is why there has been so many threads on here and blogs on the net trying to teach people how to take care of themselves and their families. It has been a precautionary measure until now, but it's one we all need to consider due to the massive unrest in the markets worldwide.
"Someone" wants to see this all implode and they better pray that the average joe doesn't ever find out who they are. If they do you are going to see riots and unrest of the likes we have never seen.
Then again you and I both know what a mother or father will do to make sure their children survive and that alone scares me more than any idiot at the top trying to control the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
and i would never say civil war is upon us. thats just stupid.

Probably missed the smiley face at the end. Just trying to lighten the mood. Too much doom and gloom can be a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
oh sorry man... i just didnt want people getting worked up, cus i missed it as everyone crying the sky is falling

its really not that bad... hell france was on fire the other month... where were you guys saying the end of the world then...

and its still here...

we wont feel this ... barely if at all... prices will go up a little maybe... bread will still be the same price

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

spot on man !!

i couldnt agree more

i run a organic fruit stand (heirloom tomatoes ,cucumbers,pickles, ,boiled peanuts,honey ect..

i have seen i slight drop but im staying steady

im seeing new people i havent ever seen before

so i cant complain ATM

glad i have good tomatoes that seems to carry me

cant beat a vine ripe black from talula russia or a nice red italian tree 2 good sellers nice nice heirloom tomatoes

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join