It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

here is my quotes page you may have to create your own
finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i know nothing about this stuff and probably never will, but i have a (maybe dumb and for sure on a different level) question. could this be a ploy to get the majority of the world to remain on the USD? i know there's been a lot of talk the past decade or so about countries (like china) switching to the yen or euro, about bourses, and about germany and russia maybe trying to get into the game with a new currency to compete with the yen, euro, and dollar. and might the oft-speculated on amero rise out of all of this?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Cboe Volatility Index. VIX (INDEX)
50.12 Change:+7.19 +16.75%

Watch it goooooooooo...

CNBC guy said it went over look out!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

nah, I'm more inclined to think if there were to be a "one world currency" that came out of this economic situation, it would not be fiat bills...

Fiat bills are too subject to market manipulation... I think the only way to get a universal currency to work would be to apply the gold/silver standard...

224 down on the DJIA...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

He said it might be health care.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
this thread needs to be renamed to NOT SO IMPORTANT MONEY MOVEMENT AFTERALL.

this stuff happens all the time.

ive seen bigger drops in an hour... this is just normal market movement.

forex can move a 1000 pips a day easy now.

if you look at the charts on the hour scale you will see its not a huge deal... go back a few months.

gold and silver however are on the way up. but nothing to be scared of. its all normal.

Forex market moves 3 trillion a day, and the dollar is in the middle of almost all of it

silly sensationalists. learn before scream wolf..... www.babypips.com

mahtoosacks

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by Burginthorn

here is my quotes page you may have to create your own
finance.yahoo.com...

I've never liked using yahoo... it always seems to have a slight lag... and Google likes to crash on my computer...

I like using www.indexq.org... for the simple fact that its a one-stop shop...

edit to add: DOW -240 and still dropping...

another edit to add: -252... and gaining momentum...

[edit on 17-2-2009 by nj2day]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by nj2day]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

thanks...yeah i understand and was thinking that the way to that one world currency might be to first narrow it down to a few (euro, amero, whatever) and then zap it all into one. i guess i'm just trying to figure out who is really instigating all this and whether there is a faction going for that one world currency and another faction fighting it to keep the USD strong. sometimes it seems that way to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Russia 556.19 -53.12 -8.72% 17:45
Czech 648.80 -50.20 -7.18% 15:26
BUCHAREST BET INDEX 1,890.54 -177.68 -8.59% 09:30

Their gonna have to shut it down...an hour didn't do I'm afraid

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
-276 down... and we're approaching our November low...

wow... if it keeps gaining momentum like this... we'll see our own markets shut down for an hour or two...

brutal!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Yeah...East Europes down between 7% - 9%...now

some will have to shut up...stop the bleeding...

yeah

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
dailyfx.com as well....

this is all normal crap... day in day out. some days it trends... some days it ranges. weve been stuck in a range for the past couple weeks and it finally broke out....

EXCEPT IT DIDNT BREAK OUT... its just ranging on a larger scale... at least thats what my charts say....

www.dailyfx.com
babypips.com

for those who would like to make money during this movement

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by nj2day

thanks...yeah i understand and was thinking that the way to that one world currency might be to first narrow it down to a few (euro, amero, whatever) and then zap it all into one. i guess i'm just trying to figure out who is really instigating all this and whether there is a faction going for that one world currency and another faction fighting it to keep the USD strong. sometimes it seems that way to me.

Hrm... I dunno if it can be narrowed down to 1 source... there are soo many factors involved in this, it would be difficult to believe that a single organization could pull it off...

now... there might be a man behind the curtain, thats just prodding every now and again in a desired direction... but so far, the only blatent manipulation I've seen comes from our own government...

Ever notice they like to wait until 1 hour before closing to deliver news that they'll be handing out free money to rich ppl? Creating an artificial high, and not letting the market figure out the true market value of the stocks?

link   
The Russian markets have just been closed

link   
oh and i especially like this report....

US Dollar May Find Itself As The Top FX Safe Haven And Growth Leader

www.dailyfx.com...

link   
Russia 553.86 -55.45 -9.10% 17:51

TSHTF !!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thanks Stacie

I have a zillion questions going through my .. I want to have a bash at this, please correct me if I'm wrong.
What is happening right now on the stock markets is happening to the big end of town. This is money of the mega rich, and corporations going down the drain?

How does this effect the average Joe who has no stocks, no companies, no vast sums of money in the bank? Is this something that will effect the little guy straight away, or does the effects of stock market losses take time before they effect the lives of average people? and if so, whats the estimate before average Joe Smith gets effected by what happens on the stock market?

I ask this because there is a lot of doom and gloom talk. If your rich and losing hundreds of millions of dollars on the stock market, then yeah, its doom and gloom. But right now, myself, family and those around me have not been effected by any of these things. And we are poor! OK not living in the streets poor, I would say the working poor. Yet our lives are pretty much the same as they where last year.

No doubt this eventually will effect us in some shape or form - but how?

Anyone care to take the time to explain what happens when so much is lost on the stock markets and how it will effect the lives of average folk?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
CNBC also reported that the EU banks could state 'We can't defend our currency so, we aren't going to pay anyone.' US banks are currently tanking as well.

Dow down -264 and S&P broke the 800 mark.

Yes, I agree if it continues on this slide they will have to close markets for an hour so everyone can put their .s back on.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

It wont load for me is it due to increased traffic? Perhaps another link? thanks again .
Yes you are right yahpoo will drop the connection all you have to due is refresh...but then again my bro the computer nerd set me up on here to the hilt.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here's the info on the Russian market closing:
Link

Great quote from above link:
If Obama lacks a sack between his legs and is incapable of taking the necessary actions to protect our nation then he must resign here and now. Playing hostage to the banksters never was cute but if this is not stopped right now - today - it may well prove fatal to our Republic.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by shrike071]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by shrike071]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join