It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

this isn't a speculative move on someone's part... this is sheer market manipulation... it will be good for the U.S. in the short term... until they decide to cash out... then we will plummet faster than you could ever imagine...

Its all about manipulation at this point...

Sorry for my ignorance - thanks in advance for being a patient ATS er.

How short term is short term?
So the cashing out would be the end - basically - and this is the manipulative move?
To leave us with nothing at all. So we go under for good?
Probably Asia - because the have the most to gain - and they own us?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

I've been reading through that forum... Interesting and somewhat alarming.

This post looks like it belongs here on ATS:

www.tickerforum.org...

All big cities folks.

None are safe if this comes apart.

None.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It is a potential future problem when those dollars get converted back into foreign currencies but for the immediate term I would prefer that there be demand for the US currency as opposed to the alternative: mass dumping of the dollar (and dollar denominated assets).

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Can someone please explain this thread a little clearer for me. I get the point something bad is going to happen. We need details smart people. How bad is the FX tanking? I see nothing on BBC.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

In your post you talk about our markets opening up the next day.......Your thread is dated 9/16. US markets do not open until 9/18........Just wanted to point that out......

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
reply to post by TaZCoN

I've been reading through that forum... Interesting and somewhat alarming.

This post looks like it belongs here on ATS:

www.tickerforum.org...

All big cities folks.

None are safe if this comes apart.

None.
[edit on 16-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

Yea - this one had me a bit distressed as well. Seeing as I AM a big city folk - although a transplant from a tiny farm town.
Cities going down first - this is what we always hear.
What a time to be on the planet.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Yeah that kind freaked me out too.

I think that poster is KD himself btw.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

Yeppers, that was KD himself - Genesis on the TF

This may be part of the cause but I just don't know

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by nj2day

Well said, the only problem is our markets aren't open.

Worst case scenario, it is a calculated move to do exactly what you said, increase the dollar temporarily then reverse the move and tank the dollar.

That would set off a bond market dislocation - just another form of disaster for the US.

I've NEVER seen Karl get worked up like this, and I openly admit that he knows WAY more than I do about FX

Our markets being open is moot at this point... The worry is going to be the European markets that are scheduled to open at 3am (EST). If this goes on until europe opens... than they are in trouble... if they are in trouble... our markets open but 6 hours after theirs do... and we'll be in trouble tomorrow...

I think its goign to come down on the motives behind the manipulation... and when the people behind this decide to "pull the trigger" sort of speak...

If they decide to hold on before selling USD, our market is in for an inflated artificial high tomorrow... but... the day they decide to sell... we're in for some flames on wall street...

Its all pretty well timed IMHO... kicking this off on a day the US markets are closed... almost seems premeditated months in advance...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ai ai ai...I am clueless.

I have yet to get "layman's" terms yet.

Why is THIS going to cause even more trouble? Have we not already been through a crap load - why will this tip the iceberg?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Am i correct in thinking this is 100 % pure speculation without a shred of evidence to back it up?

link   
This smells a lot like what the good old Rothschild’s did back in 1815. There spread false rumours about the Battle of Waterloo, and in a nut shell 24 hours latter they financially owned England.

If this is another country say China or Russia buying up the US currency then they could easily own the US in 48 hours. A very scary situation to be sure.

link   
market manipulation for the stimulus packet?

Maybe that's way everyone at the G7 meeting this weekend were drunk as hell, especially that japonese guy from Japan? Did you not see him in the news?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, could this mean some BIG news is gonna come out soon, the sort of thing which might scare anyone that knew away from asian money?

maybe the ROME OF ASIA has happened? lol

I'm not sure but i don't think this is as bad as people are suggesting, tomorrow will be just another bad day on wallst.

maybe its reaction to the earthquake japan had a few hours ago?>

[edit on 16-2-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

See the link above your post - it is dealing with Eastern Europe

BTW Free Forex Charts for those who might want to see for themselves, only can view one per page though

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If someone sucked all the US dollars out of the market what do you think that would do here? I'll tell you what it would do here. First there would be failed to delivers at banks. Then when people would go to withdraw money from their accounts some banks would either limit the amount of withdraw, or completely refuse any withdraw amount. After this, word will spread, people will panic, and a massive bank run will ensue.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
How short term is short term?

It will be good, as long as they hold on to those USD... The huge buy will inflate our currency value... once those US dollars re-enter the market, the artificial high on currency value will dissolve... and the market will find a fair price...

however, if the rest of the world is in economic ruin from the forced liquidation, the fair market value of the dollar will be substantially lower than before this took place...

its also important to realize, that the majority of the money in our stock market, comes from foreign investors and other governments...

So the cashing out would be the end - basically - and this is the manipulative move?

Well, that depends on what the motive is... If the people with the money aim to buy chinese stocks at a discounted rate after the forced liquidation (the best case scenario), they'll sell off the USD here very shortly, and we'll see positive growth on the FX...

However, if their motives were to manipulate currencies... we could be in for quite a wild ride...

To leave us with nothing at all. So we go under for good?
Probably Asia - because the have the most to gain - and they own us?

We wouldn't go under for good... I would be more concerned about investors in the U.S. markets seeing the drastic drop, and starting a panic sell-off... There's also the possibility of an electronic bank run, but that possibility is substantially smaller...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this was done in an effort to topple the markets... (although I may be wrong).

I think this is more a way for someone to make some serious cash... seriously fast...

I don't know all the particulars on the laws regarding the FX... but this is illegal activity in U.S. markets...

Hope that helps

link   
If this phenomena is originating in Asia, perhaps someone should keep an eye on NHK News to see if they mention any of this.

link   
Hahahaha, the information I had said that the US dollar would collapse at the end of the year... maybe it will be a little earlier than that.

This is gonna be an interesting day.

More banks going under.... will they call a bank nationalisation or a bank holiday?

Or everyone prints money to devaluate all currencies?

Making the dollar more expansive means it ask for more foreign money to buy US bonds... which means the collapse of the system at the rate the US is spending.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Am i correct in thinking this is 100 % pure speculation without a shred of evidence to back it up?

There is NO SPECULATION WHAT SO EVER that the currency markets are behaving in a very dangerous way.

It is ALL Speculation about the cause of WHY they are acting this way, since we have had NO NEWS to give a reason behind this kind of action

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join