It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

LOL I'll try and help out mate... its gonna be a crazy day...

Guess I better grab a jug-o-coffee lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

But is the Home Team winning or losing?

Looks like the whole league is losing at this point...

got mine in a half gallon jug!!!

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Some good calls being made here guys.

Keep it up.

S + F

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I would NOT be surprised to see the IMF announce Gold Sales today. Caveat Emptor if you are long up here......

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I can see it now...

"Its the damndest thing bill, while all stocks tumble, and all major commodities drop in value... Coffee Futures seem to be on the rise..."

ROTFLMAO

oh man... i got 2 mins to choke down a cig... then we see some ACTION lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
1 Minute to go!!! Whooo...watch em run!!!

gonna be ugly...watch em start yelling over each other on CNBC

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Edit: Anomoly...alert!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
enterprisecorruption.com...

Reinheart was right, perhaps? Although he said that it would be due to a healthcare-related disclosure...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I want to see gold go through the $1000 today

Then $2000 tomorrow, $3000 Thursday, etc

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

And it opens at down only 30.19 can you say manipulation? What an absolute joke! They do this EVEY TIME we are sliding bad.

adjusted to 140 est in under 45 seconds

[edit on 17-2-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
WHOA! screw the DJIA... look at that NASDAQ go!

down 3% in the first 3 mins...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Market just opened and it doesn't look good. Brace for a very down day.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Gold now $970....whooo...watch em run!!!
2nd
3rd

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

OMG.. There IS an Healthcare disclosure in the middle of this!
The Japan Finances Minister resigned because of health problems (thought before related to booze
)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance, but what are you guys watching?

Link please ....?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
CNN reporting "Stocks poised to plunge" Futures are continuing to tank. "Oh Jeez, we could lose it all at the beginning, we have to turn this around in 20 minutes." "It could be a really rought day" "We're in for trouble." "Fasten your seatbelts." "We could test the lows today." Futures now at -213 and tumbling as I try to get this post done. Okay, these peeps are darn near squirming at this point. Ahhhh fear breeds fear.

This thread debunked, Um, no I don't so. There is a lot going on today: marekets were closed yesterday, auto industry info today, asian markets overnight, EU markets overnight, and the biggie - the stimulas package. Ooooo Walmart up a a whole 1%. Frak Walmart, I personally have them on my black list.

Bloomberg & MSNBC seem visablly nervous. You can already hear yelling on the stock exchange floor at 9:04. One item I noticed, is during a spot on 'Stocks to Watch' on MSNBC there is a *blatant* masonic symbol icon - a pyramid with an eye. I couldn't believe my eyes! Also, apparently there is a cartoon out there where someone asks Obama if he is fear mongering and he says 'no, of course not" however he is wearing a sandwich board stating 'The End is Near.' Ha Ha Pffft not funny.

I know there is another post for this but I still don't understand why he's gotta fly all the way to Denver...isn't that in itself wasteing tax money? Staycations are so in and work travel is down.

Finally, I have to admit it was the best decision ever to get out of rat race of high finance. I was a senior credit analyst at Universal - it made my hair gray and gave me insomnia at the time at that was early in the decade. I miss the income but I can't imagine how difficult those types of jobs are right now. Stuck in the middle of hearing distributors literally cry for a greater credit line and feeling the piercing stare on your back of the CFO of a major corporation and your knowledge of the outstanding exposure. EEEK. Yeah, I'll stay home and bake cookies and take care of all the homey stuff. Taking the advice of fellow ATSers I better learn how to grow a garden as well.

No matter what happens today, no one needs to freak out. Change is coming and we will need to learn how to deal with it. We will survive, it's just going to be a different reality. I'm kinda hoping if things totally tank, fiat money is abolished - I won't have to pay my credit cards. :p I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

Not to name names but those who come into these threads and state 'oh this is debunked' blah blah 'more negative comments' and not contributing to the thread - if it annoys them so much, why do they continue to read the post let alone post to it?

One final comment, it sure seems like my own finances mirror the national situation. Two years ago I was in a great, actually awesome place financially - now, the sky IS falling and I don't have a clue what to do about it. We made no large purchases, nothing changed, husband even got a healthy raise. We are all microcasms of the greater whole. The financial culture needs to change and so will we. And once again I will point out we have a huge trilateralist in the Sec of Treasury.

And here we go -183.19. Debunked?

link   
reply to post by nj2day

O MY GOSH!!

i LOL so hard coffee came out my nose !!

that was to funny

link   

Originally posted by Picao84

OMG.. There IS an Healthcare disclosure in the middle of this!
The Japan Finances Minister resigned because of health problems (thought before related to booze
)

Holy crap - I completely overlooked that!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Down 204...CNBC now says weeks before Financial rescue plan could come out....

gov has no idea what to do...it's that simple!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
DJIA -216... and still slipping... 218...

Nasdaq getting raped hard... -3.12%

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join