It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
less than an hour and a half until we get to see the sheer carnage on Wall street...

Futures down, gold up... its going to be a bloody day...

I'm going to put my estimates at slightly over -400 for the day...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fenice999

Failure to save East Europe will lead to worldwide meltdown

The unfolding debt drama in Russia, Ukraine, and the EU states of Eastern Europe has reached acute danger point.

If mishandled by the world policy establishment, this debacle is big enough to shatter the fragile banking systems of Western Europe and set off round two of our financial Götterdämmerung. Austria's finance minister Josef Pröll made frantic efforts last week to put together a €150bn rescue for the ex-Soviet bloc. Well he might. His banks have lent €230bn to the region, equal to 70pc of Austria's GDP. "A failure rate of 10pc would lead to the collapse of the Austrian financial sector," reported Der Standard in Vienna. Unfortunately, that is about to happen. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) says bad debts will top 10pc and may reach 20pc. The Vienna press said Bank Austria and its Italian owner Unicredit face a "monetary Stalingrad" in the East

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Did you catch this statement in the article above???

We are nearing the point where the IMF may have to print money for the world, using arcane powers to issue Special Drawing Rights.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Steinbrueck Says Euro States May Bail Out Members (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

Is this their plan over there?
Scarey...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hi, I have been following this thread and checking my resources all morning and have come up with a possible solution? Theinternationalforecaster.com Bob Chapman in his latest article explains what is needed to "keep this gravy train going". It's the last paragraph and apparently "reinflation" is what's going on and they are, well, read the article cause it all makes sense and it's sad to think it's all been plotted, but...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It sounds like they are slowly trying to bring them all to the same or close to the same value to create one universal currency easier.

There will be war. For any Marines out there you swore an oath All enemies FOREIGN and DOMESTIC. And for the Army members out there you swore and oath to uphold the constitution.

And if you don't know what the Constitution states please review.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by CrashGecko]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Something is always cooking, especially these days. This as most of us already know is a premeditated move to bring in the NWO and a stage for totaled control by this evil organic cancer now almost complete. Everyday is a good day that allows us some sense of self as it is now (or should be) evident we are in the last stages of this most serious tragedy of humanity. Being scared is an option we will all share before this is complete. Not years but months now and only a few of those I suspect.

In you shoot me shoot me through the heart for it is a bed of deceit.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Jobs, stocks are still down. But 2 things remain strong - US dollar and gold.

Since Obama took office, we notice spooky uptrends in both entities. Whenever gold goes up, US dollar goes up too. And vice versa.

It looks and feels more as if the government had tied US dollar to gold. Great if anyone could provide some info.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is crazy??

First thing that I did when I saw this thread was to look at Bloomberg to see the state of the currency levels.

The USD is up, not down?

Can someone explian to me?

Thanks...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashGecko

actually all US service members swear an oath to uphold the constituion against all enemies foreign and dometic, with enlisted also swearing to obey the orders of the officers appointed over them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
OMX Baltic Benchmark GI

OMX Baltic is an all-share index consisting of all the shares listed on the Main and Secondary lists of the Baltic exchanges with exception of the shares of the companies where a single shareholder controls at least 90% of the outstanding shares. The aim of the index is to reflect the current status and changes in the OMX’s Baltic Market. The base date for the OMXB is December 31, 1999, with a base value of 100. The index is calculated in Euro and is available as PI and GI. The index values are disseminated with 60 seconds interval.

The OMX is down 54% in the last 6 months.

It's hard to belive that i started following this meltdown about 8 months ago when it started in the US and now it's raight at my doorstep and some people still cant belive how serious this whole thing is.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jed1Knight
The USD is up, not down?

Can someone explian to me?

Thanks...

There was a major jump from asian currencies into the USD last night...

THis means, asian markets were buying up USD's, and abandoning asian monies... thus... the value of the USD increased... (supply and demand... just like any other commodity).

Right now, the USD is strong against almost all major currencies...

however, the loss of value in other currencies sent the asian markets into a tailspin.. that and the fact that japan announced its officially in a depression...

after the asian markets declined... the Eastern european markets opened... which is what everyone is watching... if Eastern Europe defaults on their debt, which looks possible with the current market today... than Western Europe will suffer... (Eastern Europe took out major loans from western to bail out their economy...). Austria loaned eastern countries up to 70% of their GDP... so a default would cripple austria, kick starting a european economic meltdown... which... as you would imagine... would meltdown the globe...

Pretty much, we're looking at the strong possibility of a stock market crash today... but we're watching Eastern Europe closely...

I think that brings everything up to speed in one post lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Japan plunges into depression
www.theage.com.au...

AUSTRALIA'S biggest and most reliable customer, Japan, has plunged into depression, with federal Treasurer Wayne Swan now warning of the worst global downturn "in our lifetimes".

- Japan among worst hit
- Businesses forecast losses
- Australian export fears

Japan's economy shrank an annualised 12.7 per cent over the December quarter, its worst result since the 1974 oil shock.

Japan is by far Australia's biggest export customer, accounting for one in every five container ships that leave Australia's shores.

The new figures put it among the worst-hit casualties of the global crisis.

The annualised contraction of 12.7 per cent, or 3.3 per cent in quarterly terms, dwarfs those of the United States and Europe and is much worse than anything that happened to Japan during its so-called "lost decade" of recession in the 1990s.

The collapse in growth fits the profile of a depression — a deep recession in which annual GDP falls by 10 per cent or more.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
TRADER ALERT (not long term investors):
Start Selling Gold and Buying Stocks.
Not a misprint.
We are at 970 Au and 796 SP....
Reverse the trade when Gold and the SP are equal again ((850~)).

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm hearing rumors now that the Russian Exchange just shut its doors for the day...

I'll post some sources if I can confirm this rumor...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Russian Stock Markets Close for One Hour After Shares Tumble
www.bloomberg.com...

This can't be good either...sounds like old times eh?

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In early trading, the DOW is down 190 points for a 2.5 percent hit.

Welcome to the wonderful ivory-looking tower made of cards . . . and the grubby hands of the elite who wish to consolidate power among the very few are reaching for the bottom card and blowing a windstorm at it while their dirty little fingers grope at the foundation.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thanks for the source Hx! LOL I was in the process of tracking down a second source from the one I had...

guess its confirmed... markets closed... just not for the day I guess...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I guess it is time to see how far down the rabbit-hole goes...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I'm trying to stay on top of things but its moving so fast...hard to....
2nd

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
In early trading, the DOW is down 190 points for a 2.5 percent hit.

Welcome to the wonderful ivory-looking tower made of cards . . . and the grubby hands of the elite who wish to consolidate power among the very few are reaching for the bottom card and blowing a windstorm at it while their dirty little fingers grope at the foundation.

I got 213 for 2.74% on early DJIA... LOL

not looking good at all...

This is going to be an exciting day...

Its like, the superbowl... for market junkies

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join