It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Sharia law criticised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Pakistan's Sharia law criticised

news.bbc.co.uk

Anti-Western sentiment is running high in the province
Human rights groups have condemned moves by legislators in Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province to introduce Islamic law.
On Monday, the provincial assembly passed a bill introducing Sharia law in the region, which borders Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Britsh initiated the building of Islamic schools in the 70's to counter the communists and see the result in this present day: the Sharia is being introduced in the Swat valley North-western province of Pakistan..next stop Islamabad?, making Pakistan a Theological Totalitarian State? and then what? planning a nuclear program for nuclear weapons?....Oh my bad they already have them..

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I started a thread about this last night.

Here it is:

Pakistan Truce Includes Enforcement of Islamic Law

I invite you to post in it.
Thanks

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Sestias]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So-called "sharia", being used to divide Muslims. Swat isn’t even going to be allowed a military, so at any time they can be removed. In fact this is part of the plan since the establishment of "sharia" is only in exchange for a ceasefire with the Pakistani Army. Notably, this is in same region (the "NWFP") that the Americans are bombing, most recently killing at least 26 people on Saturday.

So... no sharia, no military, overruled at any time, and the two groups of people who were on the brink of unity are instead being divided.

The only upside of this debacle is that it is a sign that the people of Pakistan do want to be ruled by Islam, even if they aren’t getting it just yet.

Shaykh Rattle and Roll

new topics

top topics

join