It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

intelligent Design is More than "God did it."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by iWork4NWO

Stop skirting the question please. Why would a supposedly "perfect" being have to create something that is "perfect"? Where is the natural law that states this? All BS propaganda aside.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good."

But it's not very good. In fact it's quite rubbish..

FSM 1 - Bible God 0

[edit on 7-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Spirituality aside for the moment, I too am spiritual, but not religous.
I believe in evolution by intelligent design. That would be connected to ufology.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Nature works does it not? A self regulating system. I would call that very good. Of course mankind has managed to muck it up. But that is what we are good at after all.
I am not saying there is a higher power. Merely pointing out the holes in your argument.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Nature works does it not? A self regulating system. I would call that very good. Of course mankind has managed to muck it up. But that is what we are good at after all.
I am not saying there is a higher power. Merely pointing out the holes in your argument.

Them asteroids and stuff are a part of nature too, no? It's not impossible that one will come and end all life on Earth. That's not very good, now is it? A very good design would have come with somekind of planetary defence mechanism like a force field or friggin' lasers on the orbit. Their lack points directly to an unintelligent design. FSM was drunk and forgot to place that system there. The intelligent design hypothesis is very flawed indeed.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Considering the fact that life has shown itself to be very hardy indeed and that an astroid has struck the Earth before and life is still here your comment is false.
Not to mention the idea that life only exists on Earth is statistically speaking ludicris.

Planetary defense fields?
Lasers?????
Happening naturally?
You have to be kidding me.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Considering the fact that life has shown itself to be very hardy indeed and that an astroid has struck the Earth before and life is still here your comment is false.
Not to mention the idea that life only exists on Earth is statistically speaking ludicris.

Lasers?????
Happening naturally?

Just goes to show that we haven't been struct by an asteroid large enough, yet. Clearly this design is not very good and thus if there is a creator behind it, that creator must have been rather unintelligent.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It does not show anything, sure it might if one wanted some biased one sided propaganda to shore up an untennable argument. Life is extinquished every day by the gazillions. And Earth is most likely not the only rock with life on it. Rather Earthcentric to believe that Earth is somehow special and if a higher power did exist it would feel inclined to protect Earth from the mechanisms it would have had to have put into place. Not to mention massively illogical.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Lasers?????
Happening naturally?

I would say that both Planetary defense fields and Lasers are less complex than a single human being. If "nature", on its own, can conjure us up, I don't see why these things should not be unexpected.

As far as life existing only on earth. I don't think its statistically ludicris, if we are presuming there is no intelligent forces behind its formation. We can't reproduce it in laboratories under controled conditions, so the odds aren't real favorable for life happening spontaneously, in random environments.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join