It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration defending Bush secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Obama administration defending Bush secrets

www.msnbc.msn.com

WASHINGTON - Despite President Barack Obama's vow to open government more than ever, the Justice Department is defending Bush administration decisions to keep secret many documents about domestic wiretapping, data collection on travelers and U.S. citizens, and interrogation of suspected terrorists.

In half a dozen lawsuits, Justice lawyers have opposed formal motions or spurned out-of-court offers to delay court action until the new administration rewrites Freedom of Information Act guideline.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't personally know what Bush could have been hiding from the public, but clearly its more than I previously would have guessed. I never really bought into that whole "the Bush administration is hiding everything from us" hype until now. I mean, I knew that his administration would have secrets, I expect the Government to not want to be completely open about everything, but this particular story is letting off a particularly potent odor.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittan

I feel if we knew the full extent to what our former president did behind closed doors we'd # our pants, what we do know is bad enough.

The prior release of documents was just a little taste in hopes to appease those whom he promised during his campaign. The more juicy details will be kept from the public eye for the for see able future.

new topics

join