It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best video of PROBLEM getting a good solution to the economic crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
if you have 10 min and take and interest in economy this would be a great investment in time IMO (and you don't need to understand all sort of fancy economic jargon) or believe in a NWO conspiracy- just as he says ....certain people in positions of power and leverage thru cunning business skills (lobbying,etc).... (who are not voted in by the american people) have

a 'web of interest" and that interest is not 'my interest, your interest, or the interest of the taxpayer but the interest first and foremost of the financial industry in this country

There comes a time in every economic crisis, or more specifically, in every struggle to recover from a crisis, when someone steps up to the podium to promise the policies that — they say — will deliver you back to growth. The person has political support, a strong track record, and every incentive to enter the history books. But one nagging question remains. Can this person, your new economic strategist, really break with the vested elites that got you into this much trouble

this man - Simon Johnson has a war of putting words into a perspective that just ring true IMO and in simple language with out all the ra ra and B.S of the Cnn/CNbc vested financial spokespeople------ this video seems to give the best perspectives ....from a man who knows how things are run..as he has some experience in that dept......as he used to work for the IMF and currently teaches at MIT's sloan school of management ( i do not trust everything he says) because i am skeptical of almost anyone who worked at the IMF but he makes a lot of sense

here is the link to the youtube video i believe the interview took place on PBS

www.democraticunderground.com... pt.2 is right below video for part 1

he says we need to "break political power from defending banks interests"

and the host Bill moyers asks him if he has seen anything that look like this administration is ....he says "no".... unless we change course

"we are going down a long dark blind alley"

but then he goes on to off a solution that he views as a scaled up FDIC generated intervention w/ politial support ...by 'splitting up this powerful interest group into fractions then have them competing against themselves'... which is "classic oligarchy breaking strategy" interesting stuff

questions? comments

[edit on 16-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
anyone watch this thing-- JEEZ

join