It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "President" became the new N**-word

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Oh no a new word we can't use??? The question is what in heaven's name are these people doing? And why are they doing it?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This seems more like some parody on SNL. I don't know if it's appropriate or not. The other day, someone showed some 0 dollar bill with Obama on it. I didn't think of it until today that our money only has dead past presidents on them. I suppose Obama will be on someone's money or stamps somehwere anyway and.....creating more jobs in the process. I'm curious just how much has been spent and made off of him so far.

As for Black History Month, I think it's fair to say "We Shall Never Forget" this new addition. That's a lot of history to fill and a very high mountain to climb.

As for hills and history though, it seems that with the current economy and this new stimulus, it's more likely we'll go through it, than get over it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is not a parody at all. New York One is a real channel and this is a real report.

I find it shocking that this is happening, but as you will see in the video this is not a bunch of white people being racist, this appears to be blacks embracing the president.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is absolutely NO way that this is real. Even if it were, I doubt that it would really catch on. "President" just doesn't have that pissed off ring to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I lol'd so hard at the part when "Jamal" starts fighting and calls the other guy a...

Well, I can't say it. But it involved the word president.

I would be somewhat shocked and in disbelief but I find this quite funny actually.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh how I hope this catches on, only draw back is it will be hard to stop from laughing out loud when overhearing it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Looks like a parody to me lol.

The fight was a joke haha. And it has an overall parody tone to it.

But I can see how it is hard to tell. Either that or I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, then it seems this world keeps getting stranger lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i find it amusing that the only people that use that word anymore are black
the only people i see using 'n-word' are black i have always though it strange that thats the term they use on themselves

im 35 when i was young you would hear old people use the term
then what in the last 15 years i only hear black people use the word its odd because i thought the reason why the old people quit saying it was because it was unacceptable

and now its the black people perpetuating its use

were all brothers from different mothers black and white are just colors of the rainbow

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok this can not be real. It seems so parody like to me. its something that would be seen on SNL.

You can tell its fake. They put people in there saying such unrealistic things and the fight that broke out was staged.

"nothing rhymes with president" "people been saying president this, presidnet""stupid persident"

there is just no way its real.

to the OP who said that it is real because it has a real news stations logo on it, half the people on this site could make a video and slap the CNN logo on top of it, that doesnt make it a real CNN story.

If it WAS played on the news, you should know not to believe everything you see. Just because its on the news doesnt make it real. I am reminded of the Orsen wells War of the worlds prank he did on the radio that caused mass hysteria.

That wasnt real and neither is this

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The Orson Wells one wasn't a prank. It was a dramatic reading of a story by H G Wells.

I haven't been able to determine if this is real or not. All I can say so far is if it is a hoax then there are many many black people in on the joke. But it sure isn't a racist attempt at demeaning Obama.

Here is a quote from the site belonging to one of the groups interviewed in the clip.

ABOUT US
William Sykes and Elton Montgomery are co-founders of the organization President Please.

MISSION STATEMENT
President Please is a non-profit organization dedicated to the abolition of “the N-Word” and it’s replacement with the word “President”.

We’ve been deeply inspired by Barack Obama, whose led the entire country down a new road to freedom and self-empowerment. Since we finally have an African American in the Oval Office, there is no better time for the black community to embrace a new optimism. We hope that this website will inspire hope, change, and a renewed positive attitude which we can carry into the future. Our dream is that every child born after January 20, 2009 won’t ever hear the N-Word.

Who’s with us? Where my Presidents at?

President Please

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Of course this is fake.

There is no channel 1........LOL

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

How about this ?

New York One

But thanks for playing. Honestly if you believe that something is fake say so, but to say someone is lying is childish especially when you didn't do your homework on something as simple as checking whether New York One exists. I lived there for 12 years - you obviously not so much.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

Oh no a new word we can't use??? The question is what in heaven's name are these people doing? And why are they doing it?

was up my president! hahaha that is just crazy!

I dont know but it is very funny. To those that think its just a parody I disagree I think its made to seem off the cuff but it is meant to relay this message for sure.

To the OP. You sure have a lot of fire dont you? Passion for life is a rare quality anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Cool, I guess I was wrong on the station. Every TV, dish, and cable box that I have bought/used over 30 years now has never had a channel one. That is what I was going by. I have never been able too tune it.

Funny today is the last day for analog too.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hmm, all of a sudden now is the time to use a more positive word? Of all words to use as a positive one, president, how is that even positive? Gee I wonder what the timing is all about there...

Besides, if they really love their new president and consider it to be such a high and mighty position, then they shouldn't tarnish the word by using it for anyone and everyone (with a certain skin colour that is).

Also, I'm tired of blind hypocritical racists in general.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
funny video

dumb thread

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The Orson Wells one wasn't a prank. It was a dramatic reading of a story by H G Wells.

agreed but that is really just nit picking now isnt it?

It was read in a way that made it seem real. the people believed it was real and in that way it ended up being a prank because obviously what he was saying was happening WASNT... He had to tell every one that it wasnt real and that there was no alien invasion. So my usage of the word Prank is appropriate in that sense. Everyone was fooled into thinking their was an alien invasion...

That said, my point was that just because its on tv DOES NOT mean its real.

and you have to admit it just seems so fake. Have you ever seen news people make fake stories as a joke? I have. Several times on april fools day etc....

I have never head ANYONE use the word president in place of the N word and None of my friends and family who actuallly live all around new york have heard it either.....Coincidence? I think not.

I once saw a video of George Bush making a whole speech and it was FAKE. as a matter of fact here it is. IT IS NOT REAL it is just well edited.

This video is fake and I would not be at all surprised to see that yours is fake either.

You would be surprised to see what people can do with a video. Just becaise it has a real news logo on it DOES NOT make it real. I would bet that some one layed it over a video they made as a hoax..... or a joke. Either way its fake
[edit on 17-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

agreed but that is really just nit picking now isnt it?

It was read in a way that made it seem real. the people believed it was real and in that way it ended up being a prank because obviously what he was saying was happening WASNT... He had to tell every one that it wasnt real and that there was no alien invasion. So my usage of the word Prank is appropriate in that sense. Everyone was fooled into thinking their was an alien invasion...[edit on 17-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

You do leave me confused , by your definition every Hollywood movie is a prank and every radio show during that period and others are actually pranks? The fact that people bought into the reading of the story didn't make it his intention to mislead them. Orson Wells' apology was to reassure them that it was just a story, though I doubt it could be considered a prank except maybe by the print media of the time. And we all know they had an agenda. A little research goes a long way...

Later studies suggested this "panic" was less widespread than newspapers suggested. During this period, many newspapers were concerned that radio, a new medium, would make them defunct. In addition, this was a time of yellow journalism, where newspapers were not held to the same standards as today. As a result, journalists took this opportunity to demonstrate the dangers of broadcast by embellishing the story, and the panic that ensued, greatly.

No matter how often you repeat "it's a fake", it doesn't become that until you can prove it's a fake. Magical thinking doesn't make it so otherwise Octo-mom would be rich and famous. She has an agent and a publicist and the lips.

So until you can prove that this was not on NY1 I will keep insisting that this could be true. Did you look at the NY1 logo in the clip the time actually changes. I also gave you the link to the website of one of the organisations. So Nancy Drew prove me wrong!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
it's a video by a non-profit (presidentplease) trying to abolish the use of the n word.

news:
gothamist.com...

the non-profit site:
www.presidentplease.com...

www.ny1.com

you won't find Ralph Meyer or this story anywhere on the above linked site because it isn't real.

as to why this was put in psychology is beyond me.

heading to bts humor now.

new topics

top topics

join