It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did John Wilkes Booth Survive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have always enjoyed the theory that John Wilkes Booth did not die in that barn in 1865 but survived, hid out, and eventually committed suicide at the turn of the century.

www.historybuff.com...

I don't really believe it, but why aren't there any pictures of Booth deceased? He died at that farm. His body was put on a barge and sent up the Potomac. His autopsy was completed on a military barge. He was buried inside a military base. No pictures? All of the other conspirators were photographed. Their execution was photographed. But no pictures of the dead assassin of the President? You would think that would have been a sought after picture and printed in every publication---also to prove that Government got their man and dispel any rumors that he might have survived. Nope. No pictures. Lots of rumors though.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ikenla

Yeah, you would think the souvenir hunters would have been all over that. Plus, photos of famous dead people with living people posing with them was quite the norm back then. Hell, right after Lincoln was shot, I mean immediately after he was shot, souvenir hunters tore through Fords Theater and took anything that wasn't nailed down and some things that were.

new topics

join