It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Homosexual Fights to Ban Gay-Shooting Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thu Jan 23,12:04 PM ET

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch gay activist is fighting to outlaw the import of a U.S. computer game in which the player can shoot homosexuals, junkies, dogs and cats.

Story Link - usgovinfo.about.com...://story.news.yahoo.com/fc%3Fcid=34%26amp%3Btmpl=fc%26amp%3Bin=World%26amp%3Bcat=Iraq

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The link will not work. I typed everything you had there but I could not find the story.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ah, nevermind I went to cnn.com and found the article. They had two screen shots and from them I was absoulty disgusted. It is racist, and discrimintory. You can shot inncocent cats, and dogs too?!? Sicking. I wonder if you can kill little children, in that pice of crap. It should be banned. I would never buy the game, let my children buy it [If I had any], and never buya game from that company.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
www.cnn.com...

" Desi said the player can shoot gay people but does not have to do so, and does not win any points for shooting anyone.

"In the game, the player plays the role of a character called The Postal Dude. He lives in a town where there are all kinds of people, white, black, skinny, fat, straight and gay. You can play the game in a passive role without killing anyone," Desi said. "

Funny.The Dutch Gay Lobby is upset, but not because you can kill blacks, whites, men, women, cats, dogs....no no no, but because you can kill gay peoples. So, if I understand their point of view, we can kill who/what we want, but NOT gays !

KILL WHO/WHAT YOU WANT, BUT NOT US !

I think they are upset cuz the player will not win any points if he kill some gays.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hahaha!!! He could be that guy I saw once in A'dam walking around in women's lingerie while it was 8 or 9 degrees celcius...
One of my best friends saw him another time with only a leather g-string on and walking a dog...(also on a cold day)

In Amsterdam Central station you see the weirdest things...

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

One of my best friends saw him another time with only a leather g-string on and walking a dog...(also on a cold day)

Poor little dog.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
is shooting themselves....in the foot!

However, I'd much rather have these yahoos killing people in a game than in real life. Heck, if it provides an outlet for them that prohibits them from feeling the need to act on such feelings towards real people instead, then I am all for it. Sure, you'll get the bleeding hearts that say, "But then they'll act it out in real life." But if their sense of reality is already that far gone, it's gonna happen anyhow....

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow, what it called again? I want it! Go out and shoot everything. Sounds like Postal for computer, but better.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Where can i get the demo!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It seems pretty recockulous that these people are mad about just one little quirk in the game. Isnt this supposed to be a real world simulation up until the guns start blazing?
Has anyone ever played paintball with a homosexual?
Is there anything in the rules about not shooting them?

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Depend, if they don't know you playing paintball it is.(stories of people driving up and shooting gays with paintball guns) Also, who cares? It a game! If a guy did it for real, then worry.

Also, what if it was a gay guy killing straights?

new topics

top topics

join