It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

Well thank you for viewing...and your great response...

May I politely ask you to also view... search.live.com...

its an interview that will give more insight to my beliefs...????

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Stupid link just had a bunch of brain-washed idiots clapping. The bible is the most famous book of fiction there is. Anyone with half a brain cell, knows it was created to brainwash the gullible to control them. Oh well

[edit on 16-2-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Oh, come on.
That is some great stuff.
It spells out(clues) to our existence with such simplicity!
Would you have liked a 'laminin' pyramid better?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Stupid link just had a bunch of brain-washed idiots clapping. The bible is the most famous book of fiction there is. Anyone with half a brain cell, knows it was created to brainwash the gullible to control them. Oh well

[edit on 16-2-2009 by riggs2099]

riggs...

I missed you man....

Really good to hear from you....

Hope all is well bro!

OT

Hadn't heard from you in a while...glad ur back!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yep...the job is taking me all over the world...
. So much chaos nowadays...if i was a religious man...I would think the end times
. Thank god for the lap top and down times....but I'm home now...who knows for how long.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Clearskies,

Hey Good lookin!!!!

So glad you stumpled on to OT's new one....

what ya been doing? I almost can't keep up with the responses...boy they have been great...and some of the U2U's have been freakin' HUMBLING!

Glad you are supportin'!!!!!!!!!

OT

PS: Riggs is somewhat right...the piano and clapping is a bit extreme...but if you are intuitive, you can see "hear" in spite of that, right?

"Let him (her) who has ears....hear!!!!!!"

That's what HE (JC) said right?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

Yep...the job is taking me all over the world...
. So much chaos nowadays...if i was a religious man...I would think the end times
. Thank god for the lap top and down times....but I'm home now...who knows for how long.

Yeah...OT's a ROAD WARRIOR TOO....glad ur home...enjoy!

good thing those subs didn't break apart huh?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thank you man!
Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder........
Love you budreaux!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Hey OT! long time no see...

I'm back from my little break lol

However, your post begs the question:

Doesn't this mean that before Jesus came about, people couldn't have existed?

Man I misssed your post!!!!

How are you????

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Man!!!!!

I have been prayin' for you personally for 3 months!!!!!

Did you just get paroled?????

Hope you and all are welll....????

U2U me....ok?

OT

PS: Just noticed you asked one of those NJ2DAY wise questions....gonna need a few hours to study it, k?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
the cross pre dates jesus/christianity if he/they ever existed.

the story of jesus goes abit like this :
girl gets pregnat out side of marrige,boy looks at girl and sais what have you done,
girl sais i dont know , its not your child anyways, boy loves girl even thou she is with child of some other man,
girl and boy leave town to find new town to have a child in,
childs name is jesus and jesus is a naughty boy for not being a propper religius fanatic that mostly everyone else is,
jesus and his "rebel" friends bake bread made out of poo and feed it to the guards men in town and other little misschevius pranks.
after many years many get feed up with his pranks and send him to the cross as punishment.

what happend after that is speculative since the 3 religius text (torah, koran, bible) have separate views on what happend to him.

what we have here is the problematical paradox newly awokend christians wont see for some reason ,

pagan symbols adopted to fit a brainwashing scheem = money from sheep

to quote bill hicks

“A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f***** cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.”

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Is this a private gathering or can I give an opinion about the opening post?
---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think biology has much to do with religion at all and WHAT has jesus got to do with how my body is held together?

Sorry, I think this is nonsense.

Crosses eh.....maybe they're swastikas!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

bill hicks???? who's that???

Are you one who believes JC was a myth???? Come on now>>>????

Really??

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You need to see ALL within context!
The Two Babylons

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

No, you CANNOT give any observation!
lol.
Swastikas?
No, we don't think in terms of hate!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

hmmm?

Occasionally people ask why there is no record of Jesus in Roman records. The answer is that there are no surviving Roman records but only highly parochial Roman historians who had little interest in the comings and goings of minor cults and were far more concerned about Emperors and Kings. Jesus made a very small splash while he was alive and there was no reason for Roman historians to notice him.

Once Christianity was established as a major cult in the Empire then Jesus became rather more interesting and he is mentioned by Tacitus in the early second century. However, Jesus Mythologists counter this by claiming that he could have got his information from Christians which means his evidence is not independent. So, we have a very convenient situation for the Jesus Mythologists. Until Christianity had spread no one except Christians would be interested in Jesus but all later records are ruled out of court as they are tainted by association with Christianity. This sort of special pleading is one of the reasons that modern historians have no time for these theories as they are set up to be impossible to disprove. In fact, Christian evidence for a human Jesus who was crucified is trustworthy because it ran counter to the myths of the time and suggested that he had suffered a humiliating death. If they made it up and then suppressed the truth with clinical efficiency, why did they come up with a story which even the Christian apologist, Tertullian, admitted was absurd? It seems far more likely that they had a large number of historical facts that they had to rationalise into a religion rather than creating all these difficulties for themselves.

Sometimes Jesus Mythologists will produce long lists of writers none of whom have the slightest reason to mention an obscure Jewish miracle worker and somehow think this strengthens their point. In fact, it has all the relevance of picking fifty books off your local library shelf and finding that none of them mention Carl Sagan. Does that mean he did not exist either? Jesus was not even a failed military leader of the kind that Romans might have noticed - especially if he had been defeated by someone famous.

more here.... www.bede.org.uk...

Come on man, you are smarter than this, right?

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

More.... here...see....

At first glance, the "Jesus-myth" seems to be a stroke of genius: To eliminate Christianity and any possibility of it being true, just eliminate the founder! The idea was first significantly publicized by a 19th-century German scholar named Bruno Bauer. Following Bauer, there were a few other supporters: Couchoud, Gurev, Augstein [Chars.JesJud 97-8]. Today the active believer is most likely to have waved in their faces one of four supporters of this thesis: The turn-of-the-century writer Arthur Drews; the myth-thesis' most prominent and prolific supporter, G. A. Wells, who has published five books on the subject; Earl Doherty, or Acharya S. Each of these writers takes slightly different approaches, but they all agree that a person named Jesus did not exist (or, Wells seems to have taken a view now that Jesus may have existed, but may as well not have).

Does the "Jesus-myth" have any scholarly support? In this case, to simply say "no" would be an exaggeration! Support for the "Jesus-myth" comes not from historians, but usually from writers operating far out of their field. G. A. Wells, for example, is a professor of German; Drews was a professor of mathematics; Acharya only has a lower degree in classics; Doherty has some qualifications, but clearly lacks the discipline of a true scholar. The greatest support for the "Jesus-myth" comes not from people who know the subject, but from popularizers and those who accept their work uncritically. It is this latter group that we are most likely to encounter - and sadly, arguments and evidence seldom faze them. In spite of the fact that relevant scholarly consenus is unanimous that the "Jesus-myth" is incorrect, it continues to be promulgated on a popular level as though it were absolutely proven.

link... www.tektonics.org...

I got SO much more...do you really want to go this way.....

OT MORE than ready...have you really thought this through

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Is this a private gathering or can I give an opinion about the opening post?

why? what would lead to do ask such a question?

OT says.......fire away....ur welcome!!!!

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
......Sorry, I think this is nonsense.

I RESPECT that......IF....you watched the video?

hmmm???

Let OT know....k?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by nerbot

No, you CANNOT give any observation!
lol.
Swastikas?
No, we don't think in terms of hate!

ummm???? HATE????

That's the OPPOSITE of John 13:34,35.....

Skeptics....you CAN NOT Refute my JC's emphasis on love....you owe your existence to it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join