It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You cannot prove evolution occured because there are no facts. There is evidence in the form of what we can observe today

No we did not observe it occur in the grand scale becouse we wore not around at that time and in the mather of fact it has never stopped occuring. It's happening with each new generation of species.

We did prove and observe it though a decade ago...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ruymb

ah Ruymb,

You and noobfun are both smarter than me...I know that...have you met him? Freakin' Awesome...we can discuss the EVOLUTION thing tomorrow OK...I have a Domino's Pizza to get to, ok?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

ravenshadow13, what's up?

Hope all is welll. been prayin' for you...glad you are here...sorry I'm so hungry...got to go EAT....

It's after 10pm where I am...I'll check back tomorrow, ok?

Good job researching, and don't worry bout getting back soon...we are in mo hurry!!!!

OT
Philippians 1:3 to ya!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo

Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus say he wants the cross to be a symbol of him.
If Jesus was killed by electric chair are people going to wear electric chair pendants
around their necks? It's dumber than a screen door in a submarine.

Good point...who's pushing a symbol? not me...maybe a truth, I dunno?

Nice questions...thank you so very much for joining!!!!

OT honored!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

There's nothing wrong in you'r beliefs.

Everyone can make up their own darn mind, what to believe and what not, but i believe i wouldn't be here only if it wornt for pure chance

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey that is cool.. one of the best posts on this board amongst all the conspiracy and doom and gloom sayers.. nice work..

I like not only how the protein looks like a cross but how language which is as old as humanity staed this many years ago and how science reinforces it..

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
OT,

I don't mean to be rude, and I hope I don't come across that way, but I notice a trend in your opening posts on your threads. You open with your opinion on something, without facts to back them up, and when people question you, you don't give specific answers or you quote bible verses. It seems to me your main objective is to get the opening post out and read and then you sit back and hope you can convert someone with the opening post.

It's almost like a preacher preaching to athiests, well, let me hurry up and get this sermon out loud and clear, and then run like hell when I'm done so I don't have to answer any questions.

That's just the feeling I get when I read your threads.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have been following this thread closely, and I do not understand why people will not just let others follow their own path. We ALL have free will, please honor that.

There are so many ways in which we can seperate ourselves but why not find the ways which we can unify ourselves? Creation is beautiful and we are all a part of that regardless of which text or messiah we believe in.

Respect yourself by respecting others choices. Respect their choice to walk a certain path with their own purpose.

Do not force belief onto others where it is not asked. There are no fingers to point. Just be aware of that which is thought before that which you do.

Live in love.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
OT. "The New Testament, the Church, and Christianity, were all the creation of the Calpurnius Piso family, who were Roman aristocrats. The New Testament and all the characters in it - Jesus, all the Josephs, all the Marys, all the disciples, apostles, Paul, and John the Baptist - are all fictional.How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us"
Pope Leo X (1513-1521).

Your information and all the verses you are citing are from that fictional book.
There is not enough space to reproduce that information. I give to you a link 2 times.Those are a historical facts and can be verify.
The Old Testament it is based on older religions and some historical facts was inserted to be more verifiable, but it is only a story book. The story of creation and "gods" was written on a clay tablet(currently in British museum) by Sumerians. It is a large controversy about those tablets as seems to no one can translate them correctly. Zecharia Sitchin attempt to translate and was ridicule by other scholars. Those other scholars neither could translate the tablets correctly. I know haw hard it is when I found out that all my believes was based on a "story book". The Church made a fortune of that book and for a millenniums suppress the truth in fear of loosing control.
Up to 10 years ago - I was just like you- a religious fanatic and did "hit me hard" but I got over and now I am free man for any organize religion. Do I believe in God existence -I do, but not in a form of any organize religion. I just listen to my instinct and do what I feel it is right. I do not violate a man law and will never take a human life. Taking a human life it is like taking a part of the God. Who is the God and where id the God?. God it is everywhere and it is inside everyone. Just listen to yourself. Since I embraced the truth - my eyes are open and my mind. Open your eyes and get out of the darkness. Find the truth and you will be free.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So these scientists went up to God one day and said "Hey, we figured out how to create life in a test tube, so we don't need you anymore."

"Really?" replied God intrigued, "Show me."

The scientists began to explain "So first you take this cell and put it in a test tube and-"

"No no no..." God interrupted, "get your own cell."

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PoodleSlayer

I know!
And now that science offers only 'baindaid' care for most diseases, they now say they have to desecrate human life and use stem cells for (Possible) cures! Take life and maybe come up with life!
I think antibiotics were some of the last(True) cures humanity has ever discovered!!!
Has there been any more from science?
we've come a long way..........?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That is the dumbest thing I have ever read on here. Comparison's to the executioner in everything you see and read. None of you know this because Jesus is hiding right now. He's got to keep it together somehow. Don't worry about it. All of you will be dead and Jesus will live forever. He's not dead. Think about all the people that had been waiting their whole entire lives waiting for him to return. Now their dead. = population control.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
OT what exactly is your point?

You make a claim
But have no proof to back it
Quoting a book doesn't cut it

Religion is based on FAITH
not fact

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Well, thank you for such an innocent, kind, and honest post....

Could you please get more specific?

What questions have I avoided?

Please list them....

In detail....

In order....

Go ahead and re-type the question....

Your perception of me....is a parroted opinion...

If not, i invite you to prove it...

List them...clear...

In order....

Dare me to AVOID THEM....

Look...ATS...is a record....heck heres, my profile...nothing to hide...www.abovetopsecret.com...

ok...it's all there...right?

Here I am...not dancing....ready to answer....

btw, this tone of post has an shallow, worn-out smellto it...i wish you'd not be influenced so easily...

Pls...pls...bring it on....OT is here...not gpoing any where...been here longer than you have been alive....seen it, done it....got the t-shirt, etc....

List the(AVOIDED) content...pls...I'll be waiting...????

I am NOT on this website by ACCIDENT.....

NOR by DESIRE.....

Got a MISSION...

Sorry if that offends you!!!!

Come back in a few decades...ask the questions...who'll be here OT or me??????

THIS IS NO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

perceptive question anon...here's the answer...you got time/desire/hope to answer....?

Pls respond...

Heres the point...

= = = = =

Point 1. God LOVES you and offers a positive PLAN for your life. Verses that support this foundational principle are…

God's Love -"God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16 NIV).

God's Plan-[Christ speaking] "I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly" [that it might be full and meaningful] (John 10:10).

Point 2. Man is SINFUL and SEPARATED from God. Therefore, he cannot know and experience God's love and plan for his life.

Man Is Sinful -"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

Man Is Separated - "The wages of sin is death" [spiritual separation from God] (Romans 6:23).

Point 3. Jesus Christ is God's ONLY provision for man's sin. Through Him you can know and experience God's love and plan for your life.

He Died in Our Place - "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

He Rose From the Dead - "Christ died for our sins...He was buried...He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures...He appeared to Peter, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred..." (1 Corinthians 15:3-6).

He Is the Only Way to God - "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me'" (John 14:6).

Point 4. We must individually RECEIVE Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know and experience God's love and plan for our lives.

We Must Receive Christ - "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name" (John 1:12).

We Receive Christ Through Faith - "By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

We Receive Christ by Personal Invitation - [Christ speaking] "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him" (Revelation 3:20).

thoughts?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I now question your intentions with this post.

One does not need to convince anyone of anything. Missions are not to be won. You follow jesus yet your words and actions seem to reflect insecurity. This is my observation.

There are many people here who would turn each other away from their path. Why is this so?

Age is not in the flesh.

Live in love.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The only advice I could give, is to beware of giving your sovereignty over to an external force outside yourself.

Please be careful in that which you ask of yourself and others.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
I have been following this thread closely, and I do not understand why people will not just let others follow their own path. We ALL have free will, please honor that.

Asmus, Thank you for that...and for following the thread...please know this when someone encroaches on Satan's arena... the SH!*T will hit the fan...we can wish for better...but usually it doesn't happen....been HIS rep for over 35 yrs...seen it...over and over...

Hey, be patient with me ok....let's put another 15 yrs on it....and let's (together) see...ok?

Honored that you have joined here...God Bless you...

OT

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Some people in this world are illiterate?

Do not forget about other languages.

What if no translator is present when trying to explain this topic or sentence?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join