It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by moocowman

This sympol didn't originate as a car company either...but no one would deny ...it's a Chrysler...

The origination of an earlier CROSS, does not nulify Christ's work...I know you have better arguments than that?

Umm, what? So you are saying that if someone made an invention, and their name was flyindevil, but that someone wasn't me, I could attribute that invention to myself? Is that not dishonesty (aka LYING)?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I dont understand why anyone would debate with a christian when christians refute all those they think are against them.

As for the cross it was a torture treatment from those days i dont see why it would reflect God's creation.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If anything pagans should celebrate as the cross was used by the ancient Celts long before Christianity "borrowed" the symbol of the triple Goddess. The Roman "cross" was basically a capital T shape or just a pole.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Funny how the OP labels us as idoits when we don't agree with him
You can keep your false religion.
And just because some scholars wrote a book and then said "hey it's based on a true story" doesn't mean its true.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
Funny how the OP labels us as idoits when we don't agree with him
You can keep your false religion.
And just because some scholars wrote a book and then said "hey it's based on a true story" doesn't mean its true.

Nice try...your post is ignorant!!!!

You aren't...maybe just lazy...

Try again..re-read it...the OP that is....

Your choice is your choice...I wish you welll...

Your recent post is poor though....

Grace is available....ru an idiot to ignore...no...short-sighted maybe!!! I dunno?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
I dont understand why anyone would debate with a christian when christians refute all those they think are against them.

As for the cross it was a torture treatment from those days i dont see why it would reflect God's creation.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Applesandoranges]

Do you have anything to refute???

OT waiting...

the drive-by-posts are juvenile...here I am..please go for it bro....

OT doesn't want to argue...but I will defend my savior....

Who will you defend...or more importantly...who will DEFEND you?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

My point is made.
funny how people believe in a religion because of a book.
lol oh wait i don't want to fall apart, i better hush lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by flyindevil

OK flyindevil..what is our common ground?

OT

the ball is in your lap bro....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

I'll take that as your aversion to the question...

OT

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester

My point is made.
funny how people believe in a religion because of a book.
just a book...so sorry you feel that way....

only if you would study as much as you are sarcastic...see... www.foundationsforfreedom.net...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

i just think this whole thing is funny

"god" is nothing but a murder who sends those that don't agree with him to "hell" to suffer forever.

Do you want to know the name of a human who was like that too?? Adolf Hilter

Keep your "god"

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Dark Jester]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_another_yourself
..... but how DARE someone call me the devil when i try to keep my intentions so pure. ....

That was not me who did that...please review...

I'm glad your intentions are pure...

OT

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Jester

Your posts are a diversion...not related to the prior point...

You, my friend are parroting others opinions here...it's a shame...you are better than that....pls review what I posted...and don't reply until you have...please....this tic tac is pointless...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
I believe in jesus, buddha, mohammad, and many many other countless messiahs.

REPLY: SO DOES THE DEVIL>>>HE KNOWS>>>OT THINKS THERE MAY BE MORE TO IT THAN THAT>YOU?

There has been civilizations for billions and billions of years, long before jesus' time. I don't really have much more to add. This is not logical thinking. Earth is young.

REPLY: Billions of years? Care to post your source....? And your 'logic'?????

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Posters...props to you all..another great day of discussion....sleep well...we'll talk tomorrow

Good night!

OT

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I do believe in Jesus, but this is too *bleeping* much. He has nothing to do with this. He had a body just like us during his time here and people were already here way, way before him, so cut the crap.

If you believe in GOD and in Jesus you shouldn't need a proof nor have the need to prove his existence for others.

Taking that you believe in GOD it's pretty obvious to think that if wasn't for him nothing would exist, including Jesus, period.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I usually try to stay away from religious topics, but I figure I'll throw in a few thoughts here. I don't think science will "Prove" any religion. The only thing I have found science proves are things we have experienced on a physical level. Science proves that we are something very small confined within a space unimaginably large.(Shown in this thread)

If science ever "proved" Christianity for example, the whole idea of faith would be bust. Personally I don't think you could have true faith in God if that faith was only maintained on the basis of physical experiences. To me the concept of God is confined within an ethereal or spiritual plane that is separate from our physical science. I think there are certain aspects of both that coincide or connect the two in certain ways. I picture it somewhat as a ladder, two separate supports: Physical, Spiritual with the rungs connecting the two. It leads to one destination that can only be achieved by recognizing, and using each aspect of the ladder for without one support or the rungs, the ladder can not be climbed. That's the best way for me to describe the relation of science and religion.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
removed duplicate

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Dienekes]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Okay. I've watched the vid and read over the various discussions that have been taking place throughout this entire thread. I've learned a lot about both sides of this argument to say the least.

My questions to the OP are in regards to coincidence. This one important molecule, Laminin, is in the shape of a cross and this is somehow supposed to prove that we wouldn't exist without Jesus.

What about the shapes of the thousands of other equally important molecules used in the creation of life?

What makes this Laminin molecule so much more special than the rest?

What if Laminin were in the shape of a Swastica instead? Could we then assume that we would cease to exist without Hitler? (I know this is a bad analogy, but it gets my point across)

OT, I understand your theory, but where is the evidence?

Then, once you've provided some evidence of your claims. I challenge you to explain The Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'd hate to think JC and TFSM are working in cahoots to provide the true "meaning of life."

- Strype

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Strype]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There is no genuine historical evidence for Jesus existence, sorry.

[edit on 18/2/09 by cheeser]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join