It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

Science proves Religion!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard of LAMININ? Well it is the rebar, or reinforcing bar, in you.

You body has Laminin…in fact if you didn’t have laminin you would break apart…it is the glue that keeps your body together.

It’s the stuff that HOLDS you together…more details here …
www.youtube.com...

It’s a protein found in the extracellular matrix, the sheets of protein that form the substrate of all internal organs also called the basement membrane. It is the major non-collagenous component of the basal lamina, such as those on which cells of an epithelium sit. It has four arms that can bind to four other molecules, that looks surprisingly like the ________. (gotta watch short video, I can’t do it justice ok?)

Supplemental verse: Colossians 1:16, 17 “For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and IN HIM ALL THINGS ‘HOLD’ TOGETHER.”

Wow, who would have thought molecular science and religion working together?

After watching the short video, OT would be really interested in your thoughts….hey my rule is no flaming, ok??

OT out…

PS: To those who REALLY listen, your life will never be the same…to those who don’t, you are without excuse…because you’ve heard…although grace is pretty plentiful (for a while)

PSS: The video is quite funny!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I also found this on 'newsvine'....link here...

phaedrus72.newsvine.com...

Excerpt:

Isn't that wonderful? I know there will be skeptics here, doubters, scoffers who will say so what? It could have been any shape! But it wasn't. The Crucifixion of Jesus was only 2000 years ago. Mankind and the animals are many thousands of years older than that, millions if you believe the Evolutionists. So long before the crucifixion ever took place, there was laminin in our bodies, millions of little crosses holding our bodies together. I don't know about you, but to me, it is just one more piece of the puzzle that is God. There are those who will call it coincidence, as they call everything that points to God, as they must, if they wish to remain an Atheist. But at what point, how many so called "coincidences" would it take for you to believe?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

...because the cross-shape can only be attributed to Jesus Christ

Here's a site I hope you read:
www.snopes.com...

Here's an excerpt from the bottom of the page:

Discussions about whether or not nature evinces signs of a purposeful (Christian) creator are theological/scientific debates that can (and do) fill volumes, so we'll just note a few items to consider:

* The structure of laminin antedates by many thousands of years traditional Christian accounts of the life of Jesus.

* A cross-like shape is a very simple structure that is commonly found in elements created naturally or accidentally.

* It is uncertain whether the form of the original crucifixion device was a stake, a T-shape, or the familiar cross of modern Christian iconography.

* One could find the shape of laminin to be reminiscent of a variety of common symbols aside from the cross. Some viewers say it reminds them more of a caduceus:

And when the illustration is returned to its original orientation, many liken it to the appearance of a sword:

* Perhaps most important, molecular diagrams like the one used here are generally intended to represent those structures in ways that make them easy for humans to conceptualize and work with, not to be exact reproductions of the molecules' actual visual appearances. An electron micrograph of EHS-laminin, for example, looks like this:

EDIT: Well, it seems Snopes doesn't like me hotlinking their image files, so you'll have to go to the web page.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by flyindevil]

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry OP, but that logic only works on sheep.

Science disproves religion to an extent.

I do not exist because of this Jesus person in your religion which you're religion has brainwashed you to believe that he is the son of God when he didn't want that title.

I exist because of whatever powerful being of a higher order or thing willed us into existence.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm sorry OP, but that logic only works on sheep.

bbbaaaaa!!!!

So you viewed the video????

OT

Thoughts?

Thought we all were Christ's lambs????

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do not like Jesus!

But I still have not been disposed of yet. Maybe someday. I am frightened to death, can't you tell?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That is pretty cool!! I am going to have to look up that protein online too. I felt something come over when viewing that video too.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You see, bible verses....are not proof of ANYTHING. They never have been. Anybody who has FAITH in any one thing, will not be proven wrong, for they believe with all of they're soul that what they've been told and what they have read is true.

Why continue the debate when really there is no ammount of evidence, scientific or religious, that can prove or dis-prove the existance of God/Jesus or any other religions idea of higher power.

Now the cross thing is a pretty convincing fact if you're a sheep and don't bother looking into anything related. The fact is that crosses...are found in MANY MANY different base elements that bind together. Naturally is is the most effective shape for anything that binds together to take.

I have nothing against christians or they're beliefs so long as they stop trying to convert the rest of the world to their cause.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

That is pretty cool!! I am going to have to look up that protein online too. I felt something come over when viewing that video too.

Yeah, the video (and speaker) arerealy inspiring...IF PEOPLE TAKE THE TIME TO VIEW?

Glad you joined us!

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You see, bible verses....are not proof of ANYTHING.

Thanks for validating my thoughts....

You, obviously are a tad narrow-minded...

Ever heard of EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT?

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hey OT! long time no see...

I'm back from my little break lol

However, your post begs the question:

Doesn't this mean that before Jesus came about, people couldn't have existed?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Wow, who would have thought molecular science and religion working together?

Jesus maybe? Imagine that.

I too can tell people that we all are from a body of God and have the building blocks of evolution and life built into us. So am I qualified now to be called a messiah?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sigh, ok, I think you mean that YOU personally, along with others BELIEVE that If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist!

Because I don't believe it. What you have is a BELIEF, which I know has been discussed so many times I am disgusted. Belief and fact, not the same thing.

Fact is, if you stand out in the rain without an umbrella you get rained on and then get wet.

Belief, if it wasn't for Jesus, you would cease to exist. Why is that a belief? YOU HAVE NO PROOF

I also have a BELIEF, and it does not include the Christian religion beliefs!

Really, they are BOTH only beliefs.

Enjoy your BELIEFS and I will enjoy my BELIEFS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I do not like Jesus!

But I still have not been disposed of yet. Maybe someday. I am frightened to death, can't you tell?

Is there a point to your post?

OT

Did you even watch the 8 minutes video?

I don't like Jesus was not an OP question, was it?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yes the point is that your point about Jesus is totally irrelevant.

The human body is meant to adapt. Life evolves period. With or without religion, jesus or scripture. It is all based on physics, not Jesus.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

Sigh, ok, I think you mean that YOU personally, along with others BELIEVE that If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist!

Because I don't believe it. What you have is a BELIEF, which I know has been discussed so many times I am disgusted. Belief and fact, not the same thing.

Fact is, if you stand out in the rain without an umbrella you get rained on and then get wet.

Belief, if it wasn't for Jesus, you would cease to exist. Why is that a belief? YOU HAVE NO PROOF

I also have a BELIEF, and it does not include the Christian religion beliefs!

Really, they are BOTH only beliefs.

Enjoy your BELIEFS and I will enjoy my BELIEFS.

Peace

OK....but

2 and 2 is FOUR!!!!!!

Even if you have trademarks/seminars teaching its FIVE....even making money from them!!!!!!!

Truth is always prejudice!!!!! I know not very politically-correct

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Bible does speak of creation having an order and it mentions that God's evidence is in creation it self as evidence. What we also find is that verses in the Bible have numeric values in calculations in the Hebrew language. The number 7 for example pops up a lot but in nature it has its own value in the order of 7 basic core musical notes of sound, 7 core colours in nature ect all the numbers have a meaning and an order. I know the freemasons use symbolic numbers and meanings but I think the Bible got there first and they applied their own interpretation for their own uses. What people are out of touch in this subject is the underlining order of creation in which the Bible is coded with and speaks of and without that knowledge people will not take this thread or that video seriously.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Yes the point is that your point about Jesus is totally irrelevant.

The human body is meant to adapt. Life evolves period. With or without religion, jesus or scripture. It is all based on physics, not Jesus.

physics huh? have you seen.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

btw, 12.21.12...OT's seen you around ATS...glad you joined my humble thread...thanks!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
....What people are out of touch in this subject is the underlining order of creation in which the Bible is coded with and speaks of and without that knowledge people will not take this thread or that video seriously.

The Time Lord, Love that avatar!!!! Sweet!!!!!

Great point above...appreciate your time!!!!

OT

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

On the contrary friend, I am very open minded. I have studied most religions with a passion over the years and found the similarities starling and therefore came to the conclusion that not participating was probably better than praying to a false God.

And yes I do know of Evidence that demands a Verdict. Where is your verdict? Who gave you such a thing, and can I have their contact information so I may validate?

And you cannot say that Belief warrants proof, that is just wrong. I can believe the world is flat all I want, but at the end of the day...it's still round isn't it?

I understand that you most likely do not see the bible as a story (the original intent) but as a book of prophecies meant to be interpreted and read as fact. But the fact is that this particular document has been re-written, re-formatted and distorted all throughout history by man, not God therefore in Christians logic it is now tainted by the sins of man, and cannot be true.

I will agree that the Christianity at the base level provides some very good life lessons and stories to guide you into that direction, but it stuns me how very rational human beings can belive that every sunday they are drinking the blood of a 2000 year old god.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join