It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Report - 'Alien Life On Earth'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey there guys, just found this

news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe we're looking in the wong places?

Note to Mods; possibly wrong placing for this, feel free to move!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
this is pretty much twaddle. sure its possible we might already have alien microbes on earth from meteorites and what not..but so what. We can't talk to them can we?
Secondly there's never been any living proof of such occurrences. There's certainly more proof of COMPLEX alien life already here flying around over our heads, but they completely ignore the preponderance of evidence there and focus on some pie in the sky theory.

Im entirely unimpressed..

[edit on 16-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

"this is pretty much twaddle. sure its possible we might already have alien microbes on earth from meteorites and what not..but so what. We can't talk to them can we?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

It opens the possibility that yes, you can talk to them. All you have to do is walk to a mirror and say "hi evolved alien microbe".

Panspermia - is the hypothesis that "seeds" of life exist already all over the Universe, that life on Earth may have originated through these "seeds", and that they may deliver or have delivered life to other habitable bodies.

Peace

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry, but I don't understand your argument. What these scientists are doing is called speculation. The same speculation all the wonderful people here and around the world use when taking about UFO's.

We see the skies every day from around the world, but how much exploration have we done of these areas?

Remember......................Deny Ignorance!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

No,there is evidence of UFO's...theres absolute no evidence of aliens.God you would think the chance of finding alien microbes would be a good thing..you want little green men to come down and watch tv with you or something?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Thank you Solomons, I think we come from a similar point of view. I feel a lot more excited about being on the same planet as possible alien microbes than UFO's (until we get a big enough net to catch one!) that could be man made craft?

A star for you

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
this is pretty much twaddle. sure its possible we might already have alien microbes on earth from meteorites and what not..but so what. We can't talk to them can we?
Secondly there's never been any living proof of such occurrences. There's certainly more proof of COMPLEX alien life already here flying around over our heads, but they completely ignore the preponderance of evidence there and focus on some pie in the sky theory.

Im entirely unimpressed..

[edit on 16-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

Oh come on now, couldn't you say the exact same thing about outter space aliens? Personally I don't care much about outer space aliens much more than you care about Earth aliens. I don't click on any alien claim threads for the most part. But I think sometimes its refreshing to hear about the possiblity and I like hearing the speculation every once in a while. Its a refreshing and different viewpoint to claim there are aliens. Its good to entertain alternative theories. Its part of acknowledgeing that we don't know everything and there is still more to learn.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Molech

You're missing the point, this implies EXOgenesis is possible, meaning "we are the aliens".

One of the main proponents of exogenesis(panspermia) was Dr.Crick of the DNA fame.

Peace

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry, possibly a bit snappy in my earlier post. I think exogenesis is a fascinating topic, and where are we better looking? Here on our planet, or on expensive microbe hunting missions in space?

Thankyou for pointing me in the direction of Dr. Crick's research. I have only seen his more mainstream papers. I will research him with pleasure!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When you eliminate the obvious & conventional, whats left? When credible witness's both military & Civilian's see solid craft doing things we cannot, what else is there to say or think..yea deny ignorance, deny your own programming too.

Originally posted by Molech
Sorry, but I don't understand your argument. What these scientists are doing is called speculation. The same speculation all the wonderful people here and around the world use when taking about UFO's.

We see the skies every day from around the world, but how much exploration have we done of these areas?

Remember......................Deny Ignorance!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I'm sorry, possibly a bit snappy in my earlier post. I think exogenesis is a fascinating topic, and where are we better looking? Here on our planet, or on expensive microbe hunting missions in space?

The problem with looking here is that we cannot unequivocally rule out Earthly contamination on terrestrial samples....yet in space, this would be more conclusive. Remember the Martian meteor with the microbes in the rock? Then, they stated there might have been a possibility of water seepage, and thus fossilized terrestrial life within the meteor? Even though only a hypothetical possibility, it was enough to throw doubt on the find, which still remains inconclusive....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
return to Lake Vostok in Antarctica.. the freshwater lake sealed off from the rest of the world by miles of ice above it.

ever read those articles on how just after drilling through the ice there (they saaay they didnt break through) .. that all these scientists got sick and had to leave?

NOBODY gets sick in antarctica.. no viruses can live up there on the ice.. too inhopsitable..

i think somebody has taken what's in vosok and is studying it.

whatever developed there.. is definately alien.

oh yeah.. and for all you NWO buffs and Golden Dawn buffs.. people that understand lucifer is the star of the "morning" and obama's "new dawn" logo.. not to mention the blackjack "new dawn presentations"...

VOSTOK.. in russian means ....

"Dawn."...

is there a "key" within vostok that is vital to this "new dawn" ...
i'm not asking you directly.. i'm just planting seeds..

ideas..

-
-

new topics

top topics

join