It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projectoin against religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
if it promotes spiritual awareness and changes your beliefs about the church, then i guess they are against it. i'm sure they don't want too many people waking up.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh I just thought it was against my religion because on the side of this page where the ads of google are it says astral projection in 10 minutes or something like that and the website is www.witchcraftmagic.com ......... so I found that kinda weird because I know my religion doesnt practice any kind of witchcraft. I have ap'd before but I just saw that ad and thought it was weird.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

...astral projection in 10 minutes or something like that and the website is www.witchcraftmagic.com .........

LMAO at that nonsense.

I don't doubt that "black" magicians, witches, sorcerers and such can travel in the Astral Plane; but if you think it can be achieved in ten minutes, you're fooling yourself.

It takes meditation, retention of the sexual fluids(chastity) and developement of the consciousness, to spiritually ascend and have a positive experience in the Astral Plane.

The following would be much better than some witchcraft website:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just read the following section of that site:

witchcraftmagic.com...

I wouldn't trust any website that teaches magic for self gain; and tries to sell knowledge and present it like a damn infomercial!

If you really want to do the knowledge on the Astral Plane, peep what I suggested earlier:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
thanks to a friend
knowledgeable in all religions, here are more sites in which Christians condemn and call the practice of astral projecting an occult practice.

www.reachouttrust.org...

forums.christianity.com...

indrid, I personally believe in and practice astral projecting, and Christianity is not my religion. You may wonder why I am not telling you to go and try it and forget what your religion say, well that isn't for me to do, you need to make that decision for yourself, but since you asked if your religion was against it, I provide you with the various links in which people of your faith say it's a bad thing and work of the devil ( i completely disagree with that ideology) but about 10 years ago when I brought it up to Christians there wasn't as many open minded individuals in your religion as there are now who accept it and I was told I would be in hell along with my fellow hindus and the heretic new agers

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yeah but I wouldn't listen to alot of people on those links^^^.

For one; they're saying that telepathy, clairvoyance, etc. are mediumism; which is false. You can develope those powers without being a medium. In fact it would be better not to practice mediumism which would be very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

...astral projection in 10 minutes or something like that and the website is www.witchcraftmagic.com .........

LMAO at that nonsense.

I don't doubt that "black" magicians, witches, sorcerers and such can travel in the Astral Plane; but if you think it can be achieved in ten minutes, you're fooling yourself.

It takes meditation, retention of the sexual fluids(chastity) and developement of the consciousness, to spiritually ascend and have a positive experience in the Astral Plane.

The following would be much better than some witchcraft website:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Ok I didnt say I wanted or was going to learn from that SITE I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO ASTRAL PROJECT BUDDY I LEARNED FROM www.astralsociety.com AND I HAVE BEEN PROJECTING FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW. I was just saying I saw that link name and saw about ap and thought wtf. But thanks for the advice.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
indrid, if you have been practicing astral projection for 2 years why are you only now concerned if it is against your religion....you've already done it, so what does it matter if your religion thinks it is right or wrong?????

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree with you on that, worldwatcher- usually, if you're devout to a religion, you check to see if something is against it before you do it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
Ok I didnt say I wanted or was going to learn from that SITE I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO ASTRAL PROJECT BUDDY I LEARNED FROM www.astralsociety.com AND I HAVE BEEN PROJECTING FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW. I was just saying I saw that link name and saw about ap and thought wtf. But thanks for the advice.

It's all good. I realized you weren't saying that you have learned or even want to learn from such a website.

I was Just pointing something out to those who may.

Since you've been doing it for two years; would you mind comparing your experiences, with the knowledge provided on Astral Travel which is availible on the links I suggested?

www.gnosis-usa.com...

www.gnosis-usa.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Some people don't astral project on purpose. It just happens without them being able to control it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I doubt that IndridCold does it spontaneously, since indrid stated he/she learned it from a website.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
worldwatcher, I think we got off to the wrong kinda start. I appologize to you for being so defensive. Anyways, keep it real.

Indgid, if you are a Christian and have been APing for over 2 years and are just now bringing up a concern of whether it's wrong or not, I am forced to think that this was a scheme to bring your points up? Was it?

regs out...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
my thoughts exactly Regs! great minds think alike

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, Bobbo, what should we do? Hmmm...should I trash this thread or go back and delete it so her/his points go back down? I at least want to hear from Indrid first before I take action to see if he/she can convince me otherwise, but I am leaning more toward the points scam...Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter? Anyone know more about Indrid and can give me links to other posts where there might have been point scams?

regs out...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm all over finding his/her other point-snatching posts.

I'll post the links, and U2U them to U (haha, say that three times fast).

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks Bobbo. I'll be waiting for your u2u so I can check them out...I appreciate your help on this.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

I don't really agree with the chastity part, and the developement of consciousness part also raises question marks (I think that last one can actually be a result of reaching to the astral plane). Although I haven't consciously reached to the astral plane yet. I have been in the etheric plane already and only (and this is probably due to me not being accustomed to being out of my body, and how to handle it), and I am as normal as the next guy when it comes to sexual behaviour etc... And lots of other people who have reached higher levels probably are just as "average" also.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join