It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving Jade Goody - Urgent Humanitarian Appeal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

She does not deserve to die.She is a mother to 2 small children.

Evil Mugabe and evil Ahmadabad deserves to die.

Who uplifted you above the level of common human so that you may pass judgment on anyone?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

She does not deserve to die.She is a mother to 2 small children.

Evil Mugabe and evil Ahmadabad deserves to die.

Who uplifted you above the level of common human so that you may pass judgment on anyone?

Everyone knows Mugabe is a dictator and Ahmadabad is a terrorist supporter supplying weapons to terrorists who attack our brave soldiers in irak and in afghanistan. Also the evil Jong in North Korea.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Niall is the only one here with stars for his post!!
This says a lot about this situation!

But, without sounding crass, he is right!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
No.

There are far more honourable people in far greater need. Darfur, Gaza, Sri Lanka etc etc.

I can't pretend to care about this woman. The earth will not cry over her demise. What has Goody ever done that is of true value?

Its a personal tragedy for her and her family, and to some extent I can empathise. However I personally don't care... like I said, there are far, far more worthy candidates for a humanitarian appeal.

reply to post by esecallum

And by the way, its Ahmedinejad... not Ahmedabad. No offence, but it does take startling ignorance to think that Goody is worthy of financial support.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think it's sad that there seems to be a conversation forming here about who deserves which treatment, and who is more worthy than the next human. I completely agree that Jade is a "media whore"...what a horrible way to talk about anyone though...but a HUGE part of the message here, apart from a little bit of compassion for her situation, which I'm sure anyone can muster up, is that she has had a massive impact on the awareness and action taken by many women on what is a major female health issue. I pointed out before, this is not really about her personal situation, but if she does anything useful with this, like raising awareness and getting many more women to follow up on a simple test, then she MUST be applauded for it.

It would be all too easy for her to stay hidden and end her life in peace, make some money for her kids, and do nothing. At least let the media whoring be useful, so that fewer people have to go though this.

edit for crappy early morning spelling poo....

[edit on 17-2-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is a difficult one.

I lost my mother to cancer, and recently lost an aunt.

Jade Goody is the epitome of mindless celebrity worship.
She's contributed nothing to society.

She was on a TV show, and was made famous for being completely ignorant of the world around her. She was then on that show again, and displayed bigoted views beyond belief.

How is her sorrow any more tragic than the millions of other people (people who don't choose to be ignorant, people who do appreciate the world, people who don't follow such a celebrity obsessed lifestyle, people who aren't bigoted and racist) who have to suffer through cancer?

What the hell makes her so "special" and "deserving" of sympathy over and above the millions of others who die of this terrible disease?

This is celebrity worship gone insane. And it's truly worrying that people are falling over themselves because "she's famous". What, because she's famous that makes her more deserving of pity and sorrow?

Get a grip.

If it makes you feel bad, go and donate blood, donate money to cancer research, volunteer at a hospice. But don't come on here suggesting we should all fall over ourselves and make her into some sort of martyr simply because she's a famous person with cancer!
And don't try to make people feel guilty for giving their opinion either.

It doesn't make a person nasty and evil to say that this whole media circus is insane. Jade Goody is no better a person, and no more deserving of sympathy than all the kids with leukemia, all the women with breast cancer...

Some people seriously need to get some grasp on reality, just because this woman is famous, doesn't make her your best friend

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have never suggested that she is special or more deserving than the rest of us. She deserves exactly what we would...treatment, dignity, compassion. The separate issue clouding everbody's judgement here is her fame, and how she got, it. I don't agree with how she runs her life, I don't like it at all...I'm not in the Jade fan club as far as her celebrity is concerned, and don't care to pass comment on her personal ethics.

What is important here is the weight she can put behind improving the situation for a lot of women who might be too scared or too uninformed to deal with cervical smear tests without encouragement. If there is one thing to come out of all of this, it's her loud mouthed, in yer face, opinionated motormouthing on the vital subject of women's health.

Are you really suggesting that because she's a trashy dim celebrity....or so we think...that she doesn't deserve treatment? She's using this situation to an advantage and not just hers. Many women will benefit. Actually, she's not as dim as we might think....there is a fine business brain at work, I'm sure, and if you tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in her position, I would suspect that you are either lying or delusional. Of course you would.

The more public she can make this issue the better in my opinion. Not all of us have seen how cancer affects us, and how quickly it can move, the pain it causes. I have....a few times....and WHATEVER can be done to help someone avoid it, should be done. Awareness and education are a big big part of the equation.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Although I have never really liked Jade Goody,I have sympathy for her as with any cancer sufferer but my children have sat up and taken notice.
They know who she is thanks to the media circus and are now asking me about cancer and cancer related subjects ,whereas before they would not have mentioned it.
I can also see why she is as some have put it 'a media whore'.This is what she does for a living and she is probably just raking in as much as she can now while she still can,I don't think her boyfriend or the boys father could make as much money as she does!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I don't like her, I don't like what she stands for.

She epitomises everything that is wrong with this country.

Having said that, there is enough of the milk of human kindness in me to feel sorry for her.

I have a few questions though:
with her reported millions in earnings, why did she not go private?

Why is it being touted around that she should sue the NHS?

Why has she reportedly said that she may die on camera?
Is it not cruel enough that her 2 kids will lose their mother at such a young age without it being filmed to further damage them?

Why does she worship a man who has cheated on her, called her "his meal ticket" and who has been locked up for violent crimes?

I'll tell you why - FOR MONEY.
Even now, despite the vast amount she has "earned" she wants more.

and more.

and more.

and more.

The truism is that you can't take it with you - and her despicable partner will have it all spent within 5 years.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Are you really suggesting that because she's a trashy dim celebrity....or so we think...that she doesn't deserve treatment? She's using this situation to an advantage and not just hers. Many women will benefit. Actually, she's not as dim as we might think....there is a fine business brain at work, I'm sure, and if you tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in her position, I would suspect that you are either lying or delusional. Of course you would.

Where did I say she doesn't deserve treatment?

Please don't put words in my mouth.

What makes me angry is that suddenly, as if by magic, millions of people are falling over themselves to show support and compassion.

A year ago people were vilifying her in the press, she was a running joke throughout society.

A few weeks ago, how many of these people weeping now would have even considered the suffering of people with cancer? How many of them donate money, donate blood, donate their time or attention? But now, because it's Jade Goody, we must all fall to our knees and writhe in sorrow and grief!

What should happen?
Jade Goody should go through treatment, be with her family instead of with an idiot audience, spend as much time as she can with her kids.

They won't care what money is raised for them, they'll care that their mum wasn't around to spend time with them when it really was limited.

Spreading insane celebrity obsession through posts, groups, mags, papers and everything else is a hollow sentiment, and criticizing others for not being a devoted worshiper of celebrity and propagating that conviction is even more pathetic.

It's also stupid that it takes a celebrity to become deathly ill for people to follow known medical advice. People should be having checks for cancer, and they're idiots if they don't. The fact that a celebrity has cancer shouldn't be required to make these idiots think for themselves.

Most of us know a family member or friend who has suffered from cancer. If that wasn't enough to make a person think about their own health then they are a complete tool for suddenly deciding that a celebrity they don't even know has that impact on them. What does that say about how a person places celebrity above those they supposedly love?

Jade Goody is a tragic figure in more ways than one, but I refuse to accept that I should be required to feel agonizing pain about her illness simply because she's famous.
I'll carry on donating to charities, volunteering my time and efforts as I see fit. And I'll leave others to decide if they need a celebrity to tell them to have screenings.

As for her being a shrewd business woman, I don't think it's that shrewd a move to commit professional suicide on live TV by being a racist bigot.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Everyone knows Mugabe is a dictator and Ahmadabad is a terrorist supporter supplying weapons to terrorists who attack our brave soldiers in irak and in afghanistan. Also the evil Jong in North Korea.

Goody is no more or less deserving of treatment than anyone else, period. Anyone who contracts cancer should be treated to the fullest extent of medical science as well as any alternative therapies available.

Whether it be because the person is young and still has much potential laid before them, or because they are a criminal and deserve to be tried for their crimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Well said Niall197. I am with you all the way on this.

I felt the same over the Diana death circus we ALL had to endure. As then, and now with Jade Goodey, I can feel a bit sorry fer the kids and family left behind but the bottom line is.... I don't know her and she really means nothing to me at all. I find this whole idea of the outpouring of grief thing, again like the Diana death, more than a little creepy.

You are correct too about the media circus these "celebrities" indulge in at every opportunity, always on the lookout for a buck. The rest of us just knuckle down and get on with life as best we can, often with minimal help.

So, bottom line I guess.... lifes a bitch, get over it!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
It's absolutely gut wrenching to see what this is doing to Jade, whether or not you are a fan of hers. Seeing another human so frightened and not having any kind of skill to help isn't good...

One of the very few postitives to come out of this is the fact that, because her illness has been so high profile, the number of women going for smear tests in the UK has jumped by 20% in the last few months. Everyone, whether or not they have lost a friend or family member to cancer, particularly one that is *so easily treated!* in it's early stages, maybe should try to forget their dislike of reality show celebs and all they stand for, and listen to what this girl really has to say. And she is still a girl, even at 27 with 2 kids, she's painfully open and naive. She has a huge lesson for all of us, but unfortunately, some illnesses will never be able to be fixed, no matter how many complementary therapies there are out there that may well work in other cases.

Perhaps there will be a delay, some kind of miracle, even just to give her time. I hope so. I wish her a wonderful wedding, much time and laughter, and as little pain as possible.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by caitlinfae]

From her start in Big Brother, I really liked her, and felt bad when she got picked on in the house. I don't think she meant to come across as racist, and she did go to the India Big Brother house, where she came to love them and they love her.

Jade Goody is only a couple of years older than my daughter. I am heartbroken that she is going to leave us and her two sons. The fact that she is allowing people to share in her tragedy shows what a remarkable person that she has become. She is not only thinking of her sons future, but of others going through what she is going through.

She deserves to be recognised for her efforts. She is brave, albeit scared, as I think she fears leaving her boys, more than death. She has a shining personality, and the world is going to be a little bit sad with her gone. She has made an impact without even trying.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. I have a family member dying of bowel cancer, but she is in her 50's. and doesn't have young children.

My parents are looking after her, as best they can. It is tragic to lose anybody to cancer, and when you see it ravage an animal-you can see how virulent it is when it takes hold.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't understand how folks can form sentimental attachments, show emotion etc for those they only see on the Idiot Lantern that is television.

Sure, television is a powerful medium. Most of us have been moved by something we've seen on television, one of my earliest memories is seeing my Mum becoming upset by coverage of the Aberfan disaster in the late 1960's, for example. I'm sure each one of us can detail a television programme or news event which has resulted in us becoming emotional at its content.

But the suffering celebrity I've never allowed into my psyche, I think if you take them wholeheartedly into your life you're really exposing yourself to a multitude of tragedies you would otherwise never be part of. It's hardly surprising the rates of depression are so high.

And it's a bizarre phenomenon too, it's passive, you simply sit & watch. Or share your emotions via bulletin boards, forums or over a coffee with work colleagues. The suffering celebrity doesn't prompt you to do anything other than watch their misery.

Forget your family member or neighbour who does actually need your help, forget them altogether. We've no time for them, obviously, we've got busy lives, forget them because that'd involve actually doing something useful and getting out of your armchair ... when your suffering celebrity needs you so much.

Honestly think the folks being swept up in this appalling woman's life seriously need their heads examining.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Jade goody is just one of hundreds of so called celebrities who infect our lives . It's a shame when anyone dies young but some people seem to go through their lives with scant regard for others until it is too late . The headlines in my local paper reads "jade backs cancer petition ". Would she have done that a year ago ? We must all take stock of our lives and the path we are taking , not just chase the dollar .

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Instead of trying to save one person,why not make this thread about saving them all.
I don't really care to help some reality tv chic.
Why not look for the cure for all people.
It might make the thread more friendly with guys like me who can't stand tv and the idiots on it.
I do agree we should look for alternative cures as a few on here have said they knew people that used those alternative cures with success.
The only thing is that you guys didn't even mention was what those cures were.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
She should spend her last months with her kids and not trying to milk every last £ she can.

I bet her kids would want the time rather than the money.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nuisance value

"I don't understand, you want us to give money to a Humanitarian Appeal for Jane Goody?

I thought she had plenty of money, she has more money than me!
And what good is money going to you when your dead, I mean I sympathise with Jane and her family but are you serious!

Give it to Medecins sans Frontiers or something. "

Exactly where, prey tell, does the OP ask for donations?
Yes, Jade does have a lot of money. Money which she is leaving in a trust fund to suport her 2 small children after she dies.

AND Oh MY God?! Jane?! Who is she? We're talking about JADE.

Compassion, my friend, costs nothing. I think you can afford her that AT LEAST can't you.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Why is it so important for her to have her kids christened now ? Is this mr cliffords idea ? The whole celebrity culture stinks . I would not be surprised if someone brings out a "cheerio " magazine . Get down to your nearest cancer charity shop and spend your pocket money there , ladies .

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Here we have a perfect oportunity fo christianity to prove it's case.

A televised test case of the jesus god, no need for drugs surgeons magic potions or super vegetables.

Let jesus cure Jade Goody

Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Come on all you xtians get this woman healed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join