It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin forbids train station kissing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Virgin forbids train station kissing

www.news.com.au

A RAILWAY station is trying to stop kisses on the curb when people get dropped off.

The train station in northern England has put up a "No Kissing" sign because local businesses said the smooching was slowing up the crowed the drop-off point, news agency AP reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along... No kissing, move along...

This is another one of those stories you read and just can't believe, right?

It works in favour of the New World Order for people to be less caring to each other. I'm not surprised that they're trying to put this ban in place.

The article doesn't mention what possible penalties may apply for breaking the rule. Hmmm, dream up your own disproportinate response, right?

Ridiculous.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I say we ban everything. Then only tax the hell out ONLY government approved activites. That'll work!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know many people confess that they get disturbed when people "make out" in front of their faces openly, but I still think it is going too far to forbid kissing in public.

Reminds me of a Sci-Fi flick from the nineties, where the Society was filled with cameras in every corner and you was arrested if you were caught kissing or even hugging.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What about the rights of the riders trying to get off the train, to only be stopped by an embracing couple?

People have business elsewhere and planes to catch, the act of embracing has nothign to do with it.

if you let every person stop and do what they want, they will eventually have to shut down the station.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm sure that No Kissing is alot shorter to write than "Please do not spend extended amounts of time saying goodbye while your car is idling and causing traffic and your significant other gets your luggage out and then you stand there and say goodbye again even though you probably just had a quick kiss in the car before you got out in the first place"

BTW, Virgin is totally not against touchy-feeley. I adore Sir Richard and lets not forget he is the same cheeky guy who put double beds in first class so couples could "get as close as they do at home"...and that sexual acts would be stopped "only if other passengers complained"....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
back in the old days people all over the world had a method of dealing with this

they said "Hey get a room!" to the people kissing, and publicly embarassed them into learning better behavior

so why did we need a law?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Someone should steal those signs and replace them with signs that say "No Kissing or Loud Voices".

Long live OMF!

Vas

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
this is when you stage about 2000 people to show up and start kissing on the curb for hours.

Show them! haha

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Their reasoning is that it holds up people in a rush?

1: A "Don't block passageways" sign would be effective enough. That would cover other things like ditsy girls giggling in groups... people with huge bags standing in the middle of a gangway, etc.

2: Why the heck are people in a rush anyways? I'll tell you why... they're too incompetent to plan ahead. Hence a "Plan your trip with time to spare" sign would do them some good.

If you can't plan delay time into your schedule, I have no sympathy for you, you probably have no business working wherever it is you're working.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That's it! Solve the entire problem with signs.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a real kissing and makeout protest is in order. Might as well call it new years eve and hang some mistletoe.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

that would be really nice if the world worked perfectly, but it doesn't.

stuff happens and sometimes several things happen in a day. And people who have to commute far are more prone to delays then someone having to get to work.

If people want to make out, they simple can step to the side adn out of the way.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's so nice to see so many people who agree with us that this is ridiculous and we should protest against it! Mills & Boon - champions of romance have launched an official protest page on facebook - Kiss Goodbye To No Kissing - Mills and Boon Protest. Join it and spread the slogans around. Let's stop the kissing facism! Emily at Mills & Boon

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If the issue is that kissing couples are slowing the drop off rate then surely a sign saying something like, "please do not block the drop off area" would be more effective than a "no kissing" sign?

After all, a ban on kissing doesn't address other issues like someone who takes 5 minutes to get out of the car, another 5 giving instructions to their partner about feeding the dog, and then parts ways without so much as a peck on the cheek.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

The kissing protest, good idea... there was a story recently about 40,000 couples who broke a kissing record. I forget which country it was in?

If someone organised it, there would be enough publicity to show how stupid these signs are, with lots of kissing couples around them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

This was in Mexico City on Valentines Day. Mexicans are notorius for blocking doorways with kissing. It angers me to be delayed but it does not need a law, just a little social pressure.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Likely another Muslim assault on exhibitions of public indecency.

This is northern Englandistan after all.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"Virgin forbids train station kissing"

What, is the virgin jealous or something?

I hate it when people suck face in public... distracting and immature... but why go so far as to ban it?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelInterceptor

I agree with you. It is a good idea. Here comes my but...

Problem with generic signs is that people mentally work around them. Changing my ipod doesn't apply to me. Texting doesn't apply to me, rolling my pant leg doesn't apply to me.

So sometimes if it is something specific causign the problem, and your not specific about it, then people still dally.

I don't know. it just seems strange to me. I am used to DC where if your not off that train you have a briefcase in your toukas pretty fast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join