It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the United States stilled ruled by the British monarchy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Have a look at these photos I took in the Senate chamber of the Virginia capitol building in Richmond, Virginia. The Virginia Senate does not use the seal for the state of Virginia, it uses a seal which was granted by the College of Arms in England.

Here is the framed grant outside the Senate chambers:

Here is a picture of the Senate chamber:

Not only that, but there are framed pictures of both Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip just off the rotunda about 20 feet away from the famous statue of George Washington sculpted by Houdin.

There is also a ceremonial mace which is placed in front of the podium in the General Assembly when the the assembly is session. It is a replica of the original which were granted to each royal colony. South Carolina is the only colony with it's original mace. The Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom is inscribed on the top of the mace, sorry no pictures of that.

Strange occurrences indeed.

Checkout my flickr photostream of the Virginia State Capitol

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Way Home or Face the Fire -

www.jahtruth.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would say yes!
Why you ask? Well we never technically won the war of 1812. AKA the second revolutionary war.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

I've read and heard a number of things on this matter, theres something about the ties between our UK monarchy and the US administrations that suggest to me there is still an element of control somewhere on paper, i'll try have a look into it and provide some sources of information.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
must be ... we even have a 51st state no one knows about called isreal.
and who ran palistine British.
who got us in to the mess over there ... british... courts british... everything is based on flavors of the crown.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Maybe...

I think it's a power game. Both our elites and their elites are at each other trying to control each other more and have power over each other.

My understanding.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You may be correct. It always struck me as strange how several U.S. states are actually not states, but commonwealths, Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.

Historically, these are the states which played the largest roles in the American revolution, save for New York. Virginia is a very British state. The counties mostly use seals which are derived from British heraldry and all the placenames are after British aristocracy. the architecture of Virginia is all this red brick and white columns, Greek and Roman revival which harkens back to the Enlightenment, which is very Masonic.

One of the power centers of this country is an area of Virginia outside D.C. called Loudoun County. It's where Presidents have had country homes and where diplomats have their large horse farms. It's the Fox Huning capital of the U.S. and there are a lot of Anglophiles there. Let's not for get Kentucky, which is alway visited by British royalty for the Kentucky Derby.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Jack Jouett]

top topics

join