It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's make the government bigger! They know what is best for us!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Your posting somehow made me feel warm and fuzzy inside about our government

Ah, your attitude reminds me of soma and Brave New World.
Have you got a private stash of it?
From Brave New World:

"the warm, the richly coloured, the infinitely friendly world of soma-holiday. How kind, how good-looking, how delightfully amusing every one was! "

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Guys, I think I can sense the sarcasm in your posts..... Your not really FOR the government. I know that you are all imposters posing as freedom reformists... Because that's what us "government lovers" are, we are just freedom reformists.. I don't know what your problem is. You should all submit to the RealID. The Fed is going to print more money and make us all rich, imagine, no more low or middle class america. We WILL all be high class. Now SUBMIT!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i submit to you oh government.. for you are so wise in your actions, who better to handle my money than you. Nevermind that every single government who inflated the fiat currency failed, i trust you. please direct me where to turn in my guns, i trust you to keep me safe and well fed.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by turbokid]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I cant wait for the ever shrinking line that denotes at which point quitting work and becoming a welfare dependent becomes just as profitable if not more profitable than working for a living disappears.

Then I'll just lay on my face on the floor all day and let government pay for my health care, food, housing, and cable TV.

Sooner or later government is going have to come up with a way to make us all continue working. I imagine this "motivation" will be much like the "motivation" to pay taxes. Work or go to prison or be shot where you stand kind of motivation.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
After reading the last few posts, now I'm CONVINCED that there is a whole lot of SOMA floating around on ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

SOMA?

Sarcastic Operating Men of Agenda?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Soma was the drug they gave to people in Aldous Huxley's "A Brave New World"

Second Line

[edit on 17-2-2009 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
government is already as big as they come thanks to yet another "small fiscally conservative" ploy of an administration.... and just like the 90s, it will take a liberal government to bring it back down.

Funny that.

I'll give Obama his term, just like all the other presidents in the past. I wont allow my own ideological bias to clout my judgement, a shame many here do so.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I've GOT IT!!! Blame Canada!!!
They've got WMDs.....weapons of moose destruction over there!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I'll give Obama his term, just like all the other presidents in the past. I wont allow my own ideological bias to clout my judgement, a shame many here do so.

I don't think Obama is the biggest problem. That honor goes to Pelosi and Reid. They will cause more trouble for Obama than the Republicans will, because there are not enough Republicans to block any legislation. However, it has already become obvious that Obama has his hands full with those two clowns. They each THINK THEY are the President, not Obama. I think Obama does want to try to do what is right, even though I don't agree with his methods, but Pelosi and Reid have their own agenda, and it ISN'T the same agenda the American people want and need.
Even under Bush, Congress' positive rating was lower than Bush's. Pelosi is pure evil, IMO, even worse than Reid. Neither one wants any part of bupartisanship.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

government is already as big as they come thanks to yet another "small fiscally conservative" ploy of an administration.... and just like the 90s, it will take a liberal government to bring it back down.

Who's talking about sides? I think they are both wonderful! They both do a great job of spending my money that is why it's ok for them to have it all. I don't look at bias..i tend to see them both as great like so many of you do!

Democrats and Republicans are the symbols of unity!

Thank you almighty government. It's been a wonderful ride.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Thank you almighty government. It's been a wonderful ride.

David, you're on a roll. That's two funny remarks in two minutes now, one on my thread, and one on yours.

It's been a wonderful ride.

BTW, isn't that what the passengers of the Titanic said, just before it hit the iceberg.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

That is one of the funniest posts yet, oh by the way for that new wife you forgot to ask for your well deserved house and a new kitchen. While you are at it you probably could use a new car manufactured by one of the bailed out car companies and what's a $Billion$ here and a $Billion$ there they wouldn't miss one little car given to you by Big Brother.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I've GOT IT!!! Blame Canada!!! They've got WMDs.....weapons of moose destruction over there!!!!!

There you go. You're figured out the false flag operation. Even though John Candy did it in a movie first, (Canadian Bacon) we can invade Canada! :
www.chapters.indigo.ca... yUw%3d

Watch the civilized world teeter on the brink of anarchy in this hilarious comedy about the New World Order. Beset by falling approval ratings and a sagging ecomony, a desperate U.S. president and his closest advisors launch a campaign to turn America against its most unlikely enemy - Canada. However, Bud Boomer, an overly patriotic Niagara Falls sheriff and his band of misfit deputies actually invade Canada and set off a series of comedic events that leaves the President's plans and the New World Order in shambles.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
okay okay im from Canada its all my fault

i borrowed 7 trillion dollars to buy alaska my boss told me i was gonna get a raise then the recession hit and i didnt get my raise so i defaulted on the loan
its all my fault my ambition far outwieght my ability to pay the debt

i had big plans for alaska i had plans on opening up the north pole to tourism
i was going to name it canlaska

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

okay okay im from Canada its all my fault i borrowed 7 trillion dollars to buy alaska my boss told me i was gonna get a raise then the recession hit and i didnt get my raise so i defaulted on the loan its all my fault my ambition far outwieght my ability to pay the debt i had big plans for alaska i had plans on opening up the north pole to tourism i was going to name it canlaska

OK, We declare war on you. Right now. You're thinning your maple syrup too much. It is intolerable. We can't take it any longer.

OK, we surrender. Now can you help us rebuild?
All that maple syrup that we mistook for motor oil has ruined our entire transportation system, and is the REAL REASON that GM, Ford, and Chrysler are going under. We demand that you now fund our Auto companies, and pay each American $20,000 USD so we can all buy new cars. Oh, some of the syrup spilled on my carpet, so I need a few thousand USD to buy new carpets also.

If you don't comply immediately, we will file war crime charges against Canada with the UN.

We await your check.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
you cant handle uncut maple syrup
you would be down on your knees tripping for a pancake
good news i talked to my bank and they say they totally understand screwing up and spending all the trillions in one spot
my grandma warned me about spending it all at once but i didnt listen
the bank says no problem there just going to send me another 7 trillion and hopefully it works out they said dont worry about paying it back there just going to write it off as a bonus and nobody checks those

im going to borrow some more because i wanna build a monorail from canlaska to brazil express no stops

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

you cant handle uncut maple syrup you would be down on your knees tripping for a pancake

Shhhh! I said it was a false flag operation. Don't start trying to use logic here. Just accept our surrender, and our reparations. Thank you in advance for your consideration. Oh, and as part of the deal, would you kindly take Alek Trebek back? He's really annoying.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
survey says ..... no

why do you think alex trebek is down there now

we booted his boring @ss out

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

survey says ..... no why do you think alex trebek is down there now we booted his boring @ss out

Really. Well, then we declare war on you again, until you relent and take him back. We can't keep him here any more, since Obama has ordered Guantanamo closed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join