It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'fraud' bigger than Madoff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

What about the criminals in the Bush administration that hatched and perpetrated this evil ,murdered Americans and Iraqis,robbed us in very way possible from pension funds to bank accounts to mortgages

Actually, it was Barney Frank and his dealings with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and the Democrats that pushed for mortgages for people that really couldn't afford them, that caused the housing mess. Can you say SUB PRIME MORTGAGES?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

what my post was about was the plethora of other crimes arms trading starting wars for profit, big oil, and the housing crisis was not brought on by subprime loans it was brought about by the fragmenting and rebundling of those loans ,into and the selling of the same loan after bundling more times than could possibly be recooped,in other words fraud

like Iraq and the war on terror and the fuel crisis all fraud all Bush Admin. polices

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

and the housing crisis was not brought on by subprime loans it was brought about by the fragmenting and rebundling of those loans ,into and the selling of the same loan after bundling more times than could possibly be recooped,in other words fraud

Well, you are in the very small minority that don't believe that the subprime mortgages and people who shouldn't have had loans, caused the Housing crisis:
www.newsweek.com...

There isn't much positive news in the housing sector. Largely as a result of the subprime mortgage mess, the number of homes that slipped into foreclosure proceedings in 2007 jumped 70 percent from the previous year, according to RealtyTrac. The National Association of Home Builders this week announced that new-home sales dropped 29 percent in 2007, the industry's biggest drop in four decades. In addition to those troubling stats, there are the ever-increasing costs of energy and recession worries to be concerned with.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
yeah I know that's the line but then when you delve deeper into it ,it turns out out it was the way they were divvied up and resold that caused the problem ,or exacerbated it,or poured gasoline on the fire or however you want to look at it

I see the lack of manufacturing ,and two wars we couldn't possibly afford as being what tipped the cow over,taking the wars out of the equation is a huge mistake

also I'm one of the people that saw this coming,just throwing that out there,also there plenty of blame to go around and I think Dems and Republicans are Good Cop, Bad Cop, or maybe in this case Bad Cop And Worse Cop

anyway the foxes are in charge

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Fear not. Our salvation is at hand:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join