It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

castration for rapists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Actually it appears to me that we're being pushed backwards, into serfdom and a barbaric fascist regime is looming. I think they'll be attempting to push women back as well, but they aren't going to win this long drawn out battle. The people are, hopefully with some outside help, going to rid the world of tyranny.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i was amazed i looked up rape stats the other month and was completely amazed to find out that anywhere from 30 -70 percent of all rapes are lies

i guess it is fairly common for women to accuse men of raping because there angry or whatever

funny thing in my mind i cant even imagine just accusing someone of rape
in alot of ways thats like accusing someone of murder

i have nothing against women and certainly think rape should definatly be punished

but when 30-70 percent are not rape we could end up hurting alot of wrongly accused guys

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
when a small boy is "molested" ( a nice word for basically being raped),by say, his grandfather, society gets upset. They quietly indict the grandfather and the family tries its best to keep it quiet. If they are courageous they may seek counseling. But when the skeleton is buried and no one talks about it, it becomes a festering wound.
Society has advocates in place for these children through the justice system, but it stops there unless the family seeks out more treatment or community services. Many times they don't want to be "reminded" of the problem.
Society looks at the small boy and is outraged at his treatment. But how many people really try to "help" the boy down the road, or openly discuss the nature of sex and its consequences when it is considered a "bad" thing.
When the boy grows up to molest or rape, we aren't outraged by this time anymore at his treatment. Society expects that the boy would have "had a chance" between the time he was molested and the time he came of age. We don't blame parents for it, it is the mans responsibility to have healed himself. To have overcome it. To have sought out treatment and transformation of his sexual guilt into something more acceptable.
We look with ashamed sad eyes at the boy, but not the man. Until society heals its problems with how it views sex, bottom line, then there will always be sexual guilt, sex used as a weapon, and sex used as a way to non conform.

It has been said that most alcoholics have some sexual guilt in their backgrounds.
Many times these "rapes" happen out of bars or during drunken states because they are "medicated".
They are angry at women, or at the world in general. They are lonely and they figure they should just take it then. Physical affection is important to people, even when they think they are unlovable, and will "take" it if necessary.

I was a victim advocate and my caseload was something like 90% small boys.
Our attitudes about sex need to be healed first, then we need to rehabilitate the small boy, spend your money there first, and then when that doesn't work, you can spend the money on prisons. Prevention is the best medicine right?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Serial rapists? Pedophiles? Predators that have NO place in society. Castration? No. Death penalty, yes. That said I work in corrections and see these animals every day. I may be jaded.

Do you also favor the death penalty for drunk drivers who kill or maim innocent people.? Drunk drivers are by far the biggest crime problem we have but most of you "tough-on-crime" types say "I'm a drunk driver myself so let them off w a fine, even if they kill a kid".

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Maybe not cut it off... I mean, there are a number of surgical risks (infection, whatever) that could get the government in big trouble for doing that. But. Maybe make it... not work so well. If we're talking about getting their tubes tied basically, that's okay. Or maybe make it permanently blue or something.

Or the death penalty. But no middle ground, because things get fuzzy and if they accidentally died during the procedure there would be a huge problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

i was amazed i looked up rape stats the other month and was completely amazed to find out that anywhere from 30 -70 percent of all rapes are lies

Please provide your source.
If possible.
30-70% lies?
Hmmm....

peace

sty

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am not an Italian , however I know a bit of what is happening there: a large number of gypsy populations entered the country from Eastern Europe - maybe we talk about 1 million. Those people do not have any education and any frame reference on what morality is. Do you know the movie "BORAT" ? well, that is a very common way of thinking among gypsy communities. If they want to have sex, they simply go and grab a person from the street : very barbaric. In the last month this barbaric oppression of the gypsies against the italian public has increased to a level that noone is safe anymore. What else should the Italians do?

Google Video Link

The question remains : what are we going to do with a gypsy population (that is doubling every 20 years while European population is shrinking and aging ) having a barbaric 1st century mentality right inside Europe ?

edit: replaced the Borat video ( while i wanted to show a wrong way of thinking, it could be insulting for many, sorry about it )

[edit on 17-2-2009 by sty]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

There are also just as many women raped who never report it.

So it goes both ways. I would be willing to bet that the number of unreported is even higher.

One out of three women have been sexually assaulted at some point.

Many just won't admit it, including myself.

sty

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

iv heard some statistics that the figure of unreported rape is near 80%..

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

I can believe that. And a high percentage of rape occurs with people that the victim "knows"- a coworker, neighbor, etc.

It pushes close on the trust/who is telling the truth issue. Especially if you are known to be close.

If 30-70% of rape is lies... then I look exactly like Minnie Mouse.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My first experience bordered on rape. It wasn't date rape exactly either. I don't know what to call what happened to me. Lack of an ability to stand up for myself in front of my peers? yeah that's it. But he still had no right to "take" what wasn't offered willingly, especially while others were present in the room. I'm still quite pissed about it.

I will avoid Gypsies from now on... Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I disagree I find rapist as disgusting as everybody else, Call me an idealist if you will but I believe as a "civilized" society we must maintain the moral high ground we can not as a whole stoop to the level of the demented. A good example though I know it is not always followed is the military ethics we do not torture no matter if the enemy does we help wounded combatants even if a minute prior he was firing at you, pow have rights to ethical treatment ect. I agree innocent people must be protected, but I think as a fairly advanced civilization there is a better way then mutilation. Also the risks mentioned by others ie wrong person, falsely accused ect. and the fact how far would it go, I had a friend that was 19 and he had a 17 year old girl her parents did'nt approve long storie short he went to prison for awhile and know must register as a sex offender for the resrt of his life. Also it is against are constitution cruel and unusaully punishment. Although that does'nt seem to mean to much these days. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"I could agree if there was a 100% certainty that the accused was indeed guilty and of sound mind at the time of the incident... also there must be a significant chance of a repeat offender... "

^^ By sound of mind do you mean not on drugs? Because even if you rape while on drugs thats just as bad.
I'm all for the castration of re-offenders. Rapists ruin lifes and thats a fact. Depriving them of there enjoyment only seems a fair way to compensate for the things the vitcim has always taken for granted and now cannot enjoy.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'd have to oppose this simply because there is often gray areas in these cases, and if someone who was innocent ended up being castrated it a horrific injustice.

As stated by a previous poster it costs $300 per day to house these monsters, wouldn't it be better if we put some of this money into treating the psychological issues which cause people to do these things.

Surely some of these people can be rehabilitated, not all but at least some.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
no castration to easy
cut off there arms at the elbow
can`t rape with out arms

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I agree with this 110%

Castrate them.

And enstate them in prison, for life.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Hi sty, i have been to romania a few times and have always found the locals to be lovely people. Nice piece of video there although unsure why you posted it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's been said here that it's retribution, not justice. What about justice for the future victims that will have to live with being violated in the worst way?

"Future victims"? Punishing people for crimes that they haven't actually committed and there's no real guarantee that they will commit?

If this thread was a little more objective - rape is, understandably, an incredibly emotive issue - there would be outrage at this suggestion and cries of 'Big Brother!' and 'Minority Report!' would be all over the place.

An incredibly dangerous and slippery slope with the potential for some fantastic abuse of 'function creep'.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm wondering how many people on this thread advocating general amputation and castration have contributed to threads or conversations about 'barbaric Muslims' with their 'mediaeval' ways and attitudes?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join