It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

castration for rapists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is something i would like to see adopted around the world.

A 14-year-old girl was raped in a park in the capital on Saturday, allegedly by two men from Eastern Europe.

Meanwhile, a government minister has said surgical castration might be the best option for those who raped minors.

How many times do we hear that a convicted sex offender has reoffended?
Too many times is the answer. Im not saying for all sex offenders but this would certainly stop rapists and child molesters from ever reoffending.

He added

"Society has to protect itself."

source news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 16/2/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Yeah that is a pretty awesome idea. My only problem is with this, "Meanwhile, a government minister has said surgical castration might be the best option for those who raped minors." I think all rapists should be castrated.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I totally agree with you, all rapists should be castrated, but my only worry would be for a convicted rapist whose conviction was not a sound one, eg - that grey area, you know a one night stand scenario where the guy says she consented and they were prob both very drunk etc, also the false claims that sometimes get made.

Other than that they should cut em off

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry, I disagree.

How many times do we hear that a convicted sex offender has reoffended?

Serial rapists? Pedophiles? Predators that have NO place in society. Castration? No. Death penalty, yes. That said I work in corrections and see these animals every day. I may be jaded.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Even as a woman, I do not believe in any form of permanent physical or corporal punishment, rather for the injustice done to this world by the trauma inflicted by the cartel, and the leaders subjegation of women throughout the world, and deliberately skewing the media to distort the world we live in to end, so our children, both sons and daughters, can be holistically healthy and well adjusted individuals. This is an educational situation, and for those who are truly broken by this world's trauma, M Kultra programming, genetic disorders or lack of a support system and education must be removed for public safety, but they should be rehabilitated when and wherever possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If this is what people think is approriate, even when there's no evidence, faked evidence, etc. than we may as well have Sharia Laws also.

Someone would have to be made an example of, regardless of the truth. Salem Witch Trials etc. Let's not forget that childen who are abused are than eventually also abusers, so, we may as well do something about them also. The victims will never be right again, so we may as well put them away too.

Than we can bring back public executions and the Roman Coliseum games as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can agree and disagree on this concept...

I could agree if there was a 100% certainty that the accused was indeed guilty and of sound mind at the time of the incident... also there must be a significant chance of a repeat offender...

However, how can we ever be 100% sure? There was an incident with a woman who slowly grew a brain tumor over the course of a few years... and in the end, she had sex with her students... the tumor was removed, and she no longer had urges to sleep with minors...

There's not a lot known about deviant behavior... and forcing this on someone who may be suffering from a true medical condition, would be cruel and unusual...

However, with that said... Many serial rapists can not control their urges, and actually WANT to be caught so that someone can stop them from hurting others...

In these situations, we can always offer an ultimedum... Register and live as a sex offender... or Chemically Castration...

Given the choice, I think many of the individuals with hopes of rehabilitation would chose chemical castration...

my 2 cents... (actually, with the dollar being down and the economy as it is... it might be 1/2 cents)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm with Intrepid on this. If we go cutting off body parts of people who break the law, we're going to have to cut the hands off thieves and murders, and cut the tongues out of those who perjure. It's barbaric.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Will the victims will be less violated being raped with an inanimate object? This doesn't resolve the mentality, only removes the tool.

This is an example of vengeance, not justice. And justice is difficult to serve in these crimes. Even the death of the offender will not remove the damage from the victim. But on the other hand death can at least be an assurance that the person who dies won't commit the crime again. And then another predator takes their place. I don't see how this is an answer.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I for one consider capital punishment equally barbaric to any form of dismembering of victims. Changing our society, equalizing people, improving our educational systems and seeking to rehabilitate the offender is the only right thing to do.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I for one consider capital punishment equally barbaric to any form of dismembering of victims.

It's been said here that it's retribution, not justice. What about justice for the future victims that will have to live with being violated in the worst way?

Changing our society, equalizing people, improving our educational systems and seeking to rehabilitate the offender is the only right thing to do.

Society always changes or we would still have women, "Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen". We wouldn't have a black president. One thing that doesn't change though is that predators CAN'T be rehabilitated. That's an established fact. I can get the stats if you need them.

I'm not for retribution, it's a useless emotion. What I'm about is removing these animals permanently so that further victims won't be had. They would live a life without the burden of past memories of molestation.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"hmm i really want that little girl, but i sure do want to keep my parts, maybe i won't rape her!"

"hmm i really want that big TV in that guys house, but i want to keep my hand a bit more, maybe i won't steal it!"

"hmm i really hate him, but i love myself and i don't want to die . . . maybe i won't kill him!"

if these rules were implemented only people who were insane or REALLY destitute would entertain the idea of stealing, murdering, raping etc. It's the way to go in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
One thing that doesn't change though is that predators CAN'T be rehabilitated.

It's dangerous to say they can't be rehabilitated in a world that has seen the cure for polio, nearly wiped out small pox and found ways to extend the life of the terminally ill by decades from just a couple decades ago. And then considering there was time not too long ago when the mentally ill where caged for life as "incurable". Then the more 'humane' ideas of electro-shock therapy and lobotomies.

I understand your position, truly. But I think the biggest reason we haven't found a way to rehabilitate these monsters is because no one is willing to spend as much money seeking that answer as they are housing them in prisons.

I have to say, it isn't that they can't, the way simply hasn't been found yet. And the reason that I say is because these crimes aren't crimes of 'passion' but rather psychology. That's a fact too.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ugh. As much as i dislike rapists i dont believe castration is a good idea. first even if you remove the balls it wont solve the problem. You would have to remove the entire package. Also rape is also as much a mental thign as it is a physical thing. Some rapists would probably still sexually abuse victims even if they had been castrated.

it would probably reduce the #s but its just unethical. Also what is someone is wrongly convicted. It happens often with people accused of rapes. Alot of them are the victims trying to get back at someone they dislike.

I dont side with rapists, i know girls who have been raped, and hell ive almost been raped by a very well known prominent gay male (in the closet) here in Austin.

but you ant jsut cut peoples junk off. its like, someone committed fraud. lets cut that chink of their brain out that makes them come up with fraudulent schemes. its pointless and inhumane.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
To be able to rape someone in the first place suggests an individual with some serious mental problems, to then cut off their junk and release them back into society is a utterly moronic thing to do. Then instead of raping young women they will kidnap them and pull out the poor lasses organs with a meat hook.

Better to just kill repeat offenders, but hey thats just me

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So if someone lies under oath, like *insert politician* for example, should their tongue be removed? Or what about those that take advantage of people financially, like Madoff, should his fingers or something be removed? These ideas seem pretty bad. What gives people the idea of castration for rape and molestation but not cutting off hands for stealing? Seems a bit perverted that castration comes to mind for some people as an answer.

Edit: Funny that you said basically the same thing and I didn't even read it lol.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm with Intrepid on this. If we go cutting off body parts of people who break the law, we're going to have to cut the hands off thieves and murders, and cut the tongues out of those who perjure. It's barbaric.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
People convicted of brutal rapes should be castrated. I also know a few crazy girls that would put themselves into situations that when they sober up.. rape is a better story.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
THANK YOU

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I understand your position, truly. But I think the biggest reason we haven't found a way to rehabilitate these monsters is because no one is willing to spend as much money seeking that answer as they are housing them in prisons.

DAMN good point.

I have to say, it isn't that they can't, the way simply hasn't been found yet. And the reason that I say is because these crimes aren't crimes of 'passion' but rather psychology. That's a fact too.

Yes it is. It goes with your first point that IF money was spent on these individuals they could be cured. Btw to house 1 person it takes $300/day.

I hadn't thought about this in this way, and this is a long standing belief. Thanks, I appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I always say...

If you want to do these things that you say you want done to them, then ask yourself this...

If you were born with an "aberration" or a disease, would you want them to harm you in any way?

How about your children?

I can give you examples when this have happened.

Like someone else have said... when will this end? Should we chop off thieves' hands? Cut out the tongues of those who have offended anybody with words or whatever?

THIS IS PEOPLE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, NOT THEIR DISEASES.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I wonder how many people are now rapists who've been in the prison system and weren't before? Meanwhile some big money making politician or celebrity is 'getting some' at some party?

Blue collar versus white collar criminals are treated differently and the double standards aren't even mentioned as much.....if ever. Many people turn to whatever they can to survive and still do in third world countries in the sex trade. Many in the U.S.A. most likely had during the last depression.

Many children who may have been put into foster care are abused even more or worse as if labeled as such. The whole thing snowballs. Runaway kids who end up as prostitutes and drug addicts. It's so easy to blame a few token criminals and ignore everything else around us.

"There's Something Wrong" with the whole system. Labeling people like the Nazis did just to get rid of them, could be 'anyone' they feel is inferior or some threat.

I suppose the next global disaster will put things into better perspective.......again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join