It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Suspends Income Tax Refunds, State Payroll, and Funding to Schools and Other State Department

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Yeah, hopefully it gets passed. I'm not sure still how this sovereignty thing is supposed to work. Is it just like a warning like, "Hey, its us States that give you guys all this power, back off." or is it something more important? It seems like its just meant to be a statement or a message to me.

Also, you talking about tonight with Coast to Coast? I'll check it out.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I read through portions of the report you cited. That report, and KMBC-TV, both indicate that the troubles for states like Kansas are only going to intensify next year.

For 2009, KS must make up an estimated $200 million deficit. But for 2010, they are already predicting a deficit of $1.1 billion!!!

Yikes. Not looking good friends.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Yikes. Not looking good friends.

What you need to be aware of is what is going on in your community (businesses & job losses) your local and state government status... Then pay attention to what the feds are doing.

If a further devalued dollar results in hyperinflation following TRILLIONS of dollars of failed fixes from the fed all will be lost.

Don't underestimate how bad this can get... Prepare as best you can for the worst, hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Great job on the Republicans part. It's about time these states are held accountable for their budgets. Why is it most of the state employees I see here in WI are just sitting around doing absolutely nothing all day long? If I did that on my job I would have been laid off a long time ago. These gigantic state budgets are finally catching up to everyone and need to be cut back. And why is it that you never hear about state employees being laid off in large numbers like you do private companies around the U.S.?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

You raise an interesting point Intelinside. The job cuts and layoffs are virtually always from the private sector. This economic collapse will not yield a correction in how state governments operate. One of those fixes will be cutting through their "fat" and letting go of areas that are not sustainable.

While I don't like to see any person lose their job, our states and local governments do need to be fiscally conservative and responsible since they are merely operating with OUR tax dollars.

Nobody knows this better than teachers. They have been servants to their tax payers all along. Teachers work hard and do get a little security with their jobs. Other bureaucrats seem to make a modest salary, do little, and have lots of job security.

Perhaps our state employees will be smiling more once these years have come and gone, setting a great many out of work.

I can see my DMV office smiling brigther already--not because they're happy to serve me, but happy to even have a job.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
what was it that Thomas Jefferson stated about central banking "you will find yourselves homeless on the lands your forefathers conquered". This entire monetary mess is of course due to central banking, fiat money, and fractional reserve lending. preaching to the choir but it seems that some still just see the symptom and not the disease

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am from Kansas and I want to know how in the hell are you getting money back from the state, In the 25 years I have been married my wife and I have only got one refund!! How is that you can get $3000.00?? How??

Kansas is a Great State it's just that it is run by a clown!!

I paid in a whole hell of alot. That's how.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
what really irks me is we the taxpayers and citzens end paying the heavy price for the governments fiscsal irresponsiblity. It is not fair that I have to suffer when I never agreed with the governments budget in the first place. I am not going down with them! What can I do to fight? I will if I have to!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
what's crazy is I just heard in my state (Washington) an ad on the radio telling people that lost their jobs to go sign up for unemployment...what does it all mean...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Good let them. Charge them interest too. Thy have your money you want the interest!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Might be time to have some meet and greets in our local areas. Wouldn't hurt to establish a network of help in times of need. I'm another one from Wichita kansas.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Bankrupt the economy...dissolve the states that cant pay their bills *just like Miami is no longer a city, but is managed by Dade county* and suddenly you have 5 or 6 territories, with governors appointed by congress or the president. The NWO is a stinky cologne.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I plan to keep this thread updated with any updates today surrounding this stalemate between the Governor and State legislature.

Thank you to everybody for keeping this thread alive.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Kansas is basically stealing your money if they do not provide you with your return. If they owe you money, that means they collected too much in taxes, thus, they have your money in their banks earning intrest.

I see the storm coming more quickly now, revolution is being forced on us by the very people we elected.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

As of last week 46 of the 50 states are set to go under by the middle to later part of 2009. They aren't just having state budget problems; they are having fed budget problems the NOT being talked about kicker in all of this.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Lol. If you read the resolution, there's a line in there that got me laughing.

Be it further resolved: That a copy of this resolution be distributed
to the President of the United States, the President of the United States
Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
, the
Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate of each state’s
legislature of the United States of America, and each member of the
Kansas Congressional Delegation.

I can just see Obama's face if Sebelius went to Washington and had to deliver this to him.

Obama: "Kansas did WHAT?"
"Aren't they one of the more patriotic and loyal states?"

Sebelius: "Um...to the Constitution, not you."

I'd love to see that on C-Span!

Sad thing is that this could happen at least I had heard that she was being considered for the HHS secretary.

(EDIT) Sorry, forgot to add that I'm from Kansas, and am in Missouri in my last semester of college before I return to grad school in Kansas. So I'm with you on this situation being absurd.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I guess our Govenor, "The Wicked Witch of Middle Earth", is as bad as the democrates in the Congress.

She is taking the states private jet to Denver today to stick her nose further up Obama's butt.

I today, with our state in chaos. Our country gone stupid.
My fellow Americans that won't wake up,
won't stand up.
I have official conciderd our once great nation officially
in "Distress".

Pic of House this Morning

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Im a firefighter and I live in Pratt, Kansas. I just got my state refund last week thank god, but this is complete bs! I wonder how long it will be before the good citizens of this country rise up and say enough is enough! I hope for the sake of our children we dont let this go indefinately, because inaction is as irresponsible as child abuse.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To all you in Kansas I have my fingers crossed and my hands together for you. Im here in Missouri, and we are holding our breath. Very nervous!

I hear this includes healthcare and schools as well. My sister had said the other day that one of the reasons she decided to be a teacher was guaranteed job security. I guess there is no such thing anymore.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join