posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
Just to keep everybody on focus, let's review the facts here:
- The State of KS is experiencing a shortfall of $200 million in the 2009 state tax revenue
- The KS Legislature passed a bill that would eliminate $300 million from the 2009 budget, while preparing for more budget cuts in 2010
- KS Gov. Sibelius disagrees with some of the budget cuts, including education cuts, and refuses to sign the bill
- KS Gov. Sibelius was attempting to borrow $225 million to transfer into the state's main account to pay the bills, but can only do so with
- KS Republicans have blocked this request
- Not much money exists which results in state income tax refund suspension, threat of not paying state employees this upcoming Friday, and indefinite
suspension of state-allocated funding to various state agencies including school districts
This just sounds irresponsible on both ends. I'm sick of this Democratic-Republican thing.
The American citizens are being disenfranchised darn it!