It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Movie - Dead, Like Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dead Like Me: Life After Death (2009)

Cast from the show

Have not seen it yet, but I do know the following:

Cast from the movie (see below)

Rube has been replaced by another guy playing the head Reaper. Cr*pola. Manny P. was one of the best things about this great ensemble cast.

The lovely Laura Harris who played Daisy is gone, replaced by
24's Kate Wynter.

Callum Blue is back, as is a sort of 'different' looking Ellen Muth (George). the buzz varies but there's some kind of anorexia buzz.

Synopsis: (CAUTION: Some Spoilers)
D,LM

Dead Like Me Synopsis:
When George and her colleagues get a new boss whose focus is on moving souls quickly and enjoying life without consequences, the team begins to break the strict reaper rules. While her friends fall victim to their desires for money, success, and fame, George breaks another rule by revealing her true identity to her living family. As the reapers struggle with their roles on Earth, they each find that death can be just as complicated as life.

George and Reggie re-connect for the first time when George reaps a new friend of Reggie's.

Reggie (then)

Reggie (now)

The new 'Rube' (Henry Ian Cusick (Lost) ...Cameron Kane):

The new 'Daisy Adair':

Comments:
Before you get too worked up, bear in mind that some people -hated- this version, complaining it ripped the heart out of all that was established with the series.

The original creator actually quit after a few episodes saying that the network battled with him over several important concepts.

The Director (Stephen Herek) is more of a 'Disney movie' guy, but he did do Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) and
Critters (1986) .

The Writers: Stephen Godchaux worked on Spin City; John Masius (L.A. Law)

So, I'll be back after I watch it with a followup.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Starred and flagged as this was one of my favorite shows. I'm just a bit worried about the change in actors. I thought it was them that made the show anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Well, I've now seen the movie and the change in characters is no problem whatsoever.

George, Mason, Roxy, Ms Herbig, Joy and Reggie are all in it. You don't really notice Mandy P's absence. He is mentioned in passing and again later by inference. It's got a very darkly funny ending and a bit of a twist which sort of sets it up if they decide to option it for more shows.

Cast
Ellen Muth ...... George Lass
Callum Blue ...... Mason
Sarah Wynter ...... Daisy Adair
Jasmine Guy ...... Roxy Harvey
Britt McKillip ...... Reggie Lass
Christine Willes ...... Delores Herbig
Cynthia Stevenson ...... Joy Lass

It was an enjoyable 90 minutes and well done, well-written for fans of the show. It had many of the familiar elements. I'll probably see it again. 3 out of 5 stars.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well, I've now seen the movie and the change in characters is no problem whatsoever.

Well, that's it then. I've gotta go see it once I get a chance.
Thanks for posting back.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I can't believe that I didn't know about this movie until now! It was one of my favorite shows.
Fortunately, it's on SYFY tonight.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I very much noticed the absence of Manny P and the Post-it notes. I think that in George NOT having contact with her family is what gave the series' plot for George a certain angst that matched her character's personality and profile. I would say that while it wasn't Rotten Tomato "bad", it was just "okay".

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This movie rocks! I missed Manny P. but the writers made his absence believable and acceptable. I always felt kinda sorry for Reggie so I was glad that she got some closure in this movie. Hope they make another.

new topics

top topics

join