It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pulled a tooth out last night in my dream... Has this happened to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This isn't the first time this has happened... I'm starting get worried about it though. Lately I've had a very unhealthy spirit, I've been depressed and down on life... and very paranoid.

But I've been told that there is something significant about loosing a tooth in a dream. Any truth to this?

www.bellaonline.com...

if feelings of loss of control, helplessness or powerlessness accompany your tooth loss dream, the dream is typically acting as a mirror of a situation in waking life. Dreams of tooth loss coupled with anxiety reflect a fear of change, fear of transition. Ask yourself if there is some transition that you are fearful of making.

Me.

Sometimes tooth loss dreams point to a fear of failure or embarrassment. In waking life, when people lose teeth, they often cover their mouths when talking or smiling. Is there something you want to do but are afraid of undertaking because you fear you'll look foolish if you fail? Or is there something going on in your waking life that you feel you must hide or 'cover up'?

Me.

Losing teeth in dreams can also point to insecurity about finances. In physical waking life, teeth are what we use to take in sustenance, to keep our bodies fit and nourished, and they are often lost when malnutrition is present. In order to take in nourishment we must be able to 'support' ourselves. Are you worried that you will lose the ability to take care of yourself or are you already not taking care of your needs? Nourishing ourselves comes in many forms, not just our bodily needs--we must nourish our minds, spirits, and hearts as well as our bodies. Is there any aspect of your life that feels like an empty hole?

Me.

So all this translates into me loosing a tooth in my dream? And it was the only part in my dream that was pretty vivid, because I can't really describe the rest of of my dream.

These dreams, like all others, are report cards from the psyche, clues to how our consciousness and unconsciousness is handling the events of our waking life. Understanding their nightly messages helps us more successfully navigate our daily activities--even the ones that scare us or fill us with feelings of dread.

anybody else have a different interpretation or anything else they can elaborate on?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've had plenty of dreams in which I unwind the gums and the teeth all fall out. It's strange because I can feel the gums peeling away from the teeth and then the teeth fall out. It doesn't hurt. It kind of tickles the gums in the dream.

Strange.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I had a dream I was in afghanistan last night. I went to bed without brushing.

I don't know how any of that is related to this thread, but aren't dreams weird sometimes?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
it does kinda tickle its weird. ive had dreams where all of teeth have fallen out..scary as hell

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
When I was studying Psychology at Uni, I recall a study that indicated some dreams are cross-cultural. Loss of teeth was suggested to be a universal dream phenomena.

Astrologers and people into dream interpretation associate it with aging or major events in our lives. I've had similar dreams and anecdotally, have known friends and family to experience them also. I remember the sensation of my teeth loose in my mouth and checking with my tongue as soon as I awoke. It feels like a mouthful of Polo mints (for the European members).

If it is cross-cultural/universal, it's not that surprising as we all have teeth and wouldn't like to lose them.

I just googled "dreams lost teeth" and got 273, 000 hits. One of which was this.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Your subconscious is telling you something...

Visit your dentist to have that tooth checked, your dream may be a precursor of problems.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I've had a lot of dreams about losing teeth in the last year or so, some very painful. I've actually woken up and checked to see if I had lost them in my sleep, glad to see I;m not the only one having them.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have had PLENTY of dreams where all of my teeth fall out. They always seem to be so vivid and I can feel them getting loose and all falling out all at once. It's a scary experience, one of those dreams were you feel very grateful that it was just a dream when you wake up.

Those type of dreams always seem to kind of affect my day for a while after I wake up.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i've had dreams where i bite down so hard that my front teeth just snap off and crumble, it's pretty disgusting....i'll wake up afterwards clenching the crap out of my jaws, pretty freaky.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

i have also heard that tooth loss in a dream can be significant, however, i used to have weird 'teeth falling out' dreams alot- especially where i would feel like my teeth were locked together and that they would break off if i opened my mouth-- about 15 years ago i started wearing a mouth guard at night (for tooth grinding problem) and all tooth dreams stopped-- the only time i have one now is if i fall asleep without the guard in. just something to think about...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Was that not a running theme in The Tommyknockers?

I think I have had dreams like these, general signs of anxity I would imagine, like you fear loosing some kind of control in your life.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Had a dream like this once while on Chantex to quit smoking. In the dream a few molars felt loose and I reached in to wiggle them. Then three teeth broke loose with a large chunk of jaw bone and gums. Next day my theeth hurt I guess from grinding them. After a few more dreams like that ( and worse )
I decided to keep smoking and quit chantex.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've also had a teeth falling out dreams.

My life is pretty sh!t, and I feel trapped and lost.

Maybe there's a connection.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
you guys who say it tickles have it easy.. my tooth loss dreams involve me in my dream clenching my jaw until all my teeth shatter, and can't stop myself from doing this once i realize in my dream its going to happen. And it hurts like HELL. Sometimes im not clenching them, but the feeling of pressure like they are going to explode will keep building.

I wake up sometimes extremely confused from it and the pain is gone, i cant tell if its pain in my dream that feels so real or i am doing something to my teeth (or maybe my wisdom teeth are acting up?) in my sleep and the pain seeps thru into the dream; i have to check my teeth upon waking sometimes to make sure they are fine. But the feeling of when the teeth shatter is recalled at any time when im awake, and makes me shudder..

[edit on 16-2-2009 by kidney thief]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi. Losing your teeth without blood coming out in your dreams means that someone you know but not blood related is going to die. losing your teeth with blood coming out means that someone in your family or who ever that is related to you is gonna die. This is what my mom and dad told me and this has happened to me a couple of times. But sorry if im scaring you . I am just stating the facts on what my parents told me and what i've had experienced in my life time.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

I think it's pain from a dream, I have also experienced pain in dreams before.

Compare it to the matrix, the matrix I assume recreates taste, smell, pain etc with brain waves. The same probably happens in a dream, it recreates the same brain waves that your brain recieves in physical life.

For example when I fly I can feel g force, and wind on my face, amazing.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Accourding to edgar casey writing I have read, losing of teeth has to do with lies in your life, for example, when you have adream where your teeth are just falling out, it's your subconciouse(typo) showing that you are telling lies, or that it knows that what is being said is a lie, in the case of you pulling your own teeth out, it would be your sb-conciouse telling you to remove the lie from your mouth, or in other words, stop telling lies.
This is a very common theme to have in ones dreams.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Being born with flourosis i had venires put on my frount teeth. This lead to a great amount of pain... because the dentist screwed up the first time and large chunks of the venere started falling off revealing exteremly sensitive shaved enamel. This of course lead to a myriad of dream where my teeth would fall out or the veneres would pop off and i would be left screaming in pain. My favorite was when i had a dream fell out of the back of a pickup truck and my foot got caught on the bumper and i rode for several seconds face first grinding on the pavement.

Of course it wasnt real.. but it felt like it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i've read that when you dream about teeth, it's something related to sexuality.

i've had numerous teeth dreams but mine stems from having getting my tooth punched ot when i was younger after saving a man's life... so for years after i had to wear a "flipper", a cosmetically enhanced front tooth, and i hated it. so i'm just having some sort of re-living a horrible time.

i do have those teeth dreams still, even though i've had proper dental done now for many years.

hope you shake it soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Losing your teeth without blood coming out in your dreams means that someone you know but not blood related is going to die. losing your teeth with blood coming out means that someone in your family or who ever that is related to you is gonna die.

Star for you.

Lovers of traditional wisdom, pay heed.

The Sultan awoke with a stifled scream,
His nerves were shocked by a terrible dream -
An omen of trouble, import and doubt -
He dreamed that all of his teeth fell out!

First vers of a poem I learned in junior school. The Sultan then asks his counsellors to tell him what the dream meant. An aged soothsayer tells him

'Tis an omen of sorrow, sent from oh high:
Thou shalt see all thy kindred die!

Naturally, the Sultan isn't pleased with this answer and has the old man bound and whipped. Then he returns to his counsellors and asks them again if they can explain it. And the clever Vizier does, to the Sultan's great approval:

Thou shalt outlive all thy kin!

So there you go, straight from the soothsayers' mouths: you're going to see all your relatives die - or if you prefer, you're going to outlive them all.

Bear up, now, don't blub. These things happen. Got to take the rough with the smooth... (continued on p. 344)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join