It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is dementia on the increase?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The uk government has warned us of a future dementia epidemic and is arranging to set up so-called "memory clinics".Now maybe I'm being a bit paranoid on this but what is causing this?Has anyone got any ideas? The worrying thing is it seems to be affecting not just the elderly.Could it be chemtrails?Could it be mobile phones?Or maybe something in the water or food chain?I would like your input on this please.I know that back in the 1980's Britain was affected by BSE in infected cattle which got into our food chain and it makes me wonder if this dementia problem could be a throwback to that maybe?The government would surely want to cover this up to avoid paying any compensation.I'm sorry I don't have any links on this but it was on the news a couple of weeks ago.Do any other countries have a problem?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I recently noticed a video on how MSG could be related among other things. It all adds up to dumbing us down in some way. Changes in the earth's magnetic field and the others added such as cell phone towers and their related damage may also play a huge role. I recalled a few years ago sitting in a restaurant and for some reason, couldn't even think as if on pause as if 'some glitch in the matrix' .....So weird.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for your input.It does make you wonder about cell phone towers.I posted this thread because both my mother in law and future son in law are both suffering from varying degrees of memory loss.The latter is only 27 years old.He does'nt take any drugs of any kind either but does work for a mobile phone company.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would say that, the increase in Dementia is due to the fact that people are living for much longer than the ''four score and ten''. I would also say that the diagnosis of Dementia is a lot better nowadays and is more understood.

This also goes in-line with the Department of Health (DoH), National Health Service (NHS) and National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) National Service Framework (NSF) on Dementia that has been recently published.

These Organisations are working their way through a list of illnesses and conditions and publishing NSF's as and when they are complete. NB: The current Stroke (CVA) campaign.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have a theory (based on and shared with) experts in the neurological disorders field of research. It has to do with daily exposure to toxic substances, specifically mercury.

Dr. Boyd Haley and Dr. Russell Blaylock both note that mercury, being the most toxic substance to nerve and brain cells aside from radioactive material, is the number one cause of dementia related diseases such as Alzheimer's.

As we know Alzheimer's is on a dramatic rise, but why? What has changed in the past 60 or so years when the mention of someone getting Alzheimer's was unheard of?

Many experts believe mercury amalgams (or silver fillings in teeth) are the absolute overwhelming factor in these diseases.

Contrary to what some may say; if you have silver fillings, they DO contain mercury. The only way to ensure teeth fillings do not contain mercury is to have the white "resin" fillings used instead.

A quick test/check with the phone book will show you that despite having the white resin COMPLETELY SAFE fillings available, most dentist will only use them if you specifically request them.

I suggest fining a dentist that has the moral conscience to not use amalgam fillings in their office whatsoever as well as having amalgam fillings replaced with resin where and when possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Between the electromagnetics, the chemicals and the biologicals it dosen't surprise me that people are getting dumber. There is also another factor, which is mass media and the general stupidity that is being peddled there.

Intelligence is a high vibrational energy state, imo, and with so many things dampening it, it's natural that the contrary will manifest, which is dementia. Order and entropy. We live in entropic times, sadly, due to our own decadence as a social (dis)order.

It's easily counterable though, if people know what the risk factors are and avoid some of them. Natural human resilience will protect from the rest. The worst offender is fear itself. A positive loving mental state will tend to counter much of the ill effects of the entropic fear based society. So, for a start, I would turn off the tv, giving the brain time enough to tune itself into ways of healing itself.

new topics

top topics

join