It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking to your car becoming natural

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Voice recognition systems have come a long way in the last decade and are used in places like call centres, home PCs and even mobile phones.

But over the next 10 years, we could even be holding virtual conversations with the car dashboard.

Cars in the digital age are technological feats and it is not just about in-car entertainment.

High-end autos are packed with onboard computers not just for showing how much fuel you have left, but also telling you where you are, and instructing you on how to reach your destination.

these new inovations in electronics and technology is really making the future look good. everything is being made easier and less time consuming.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There was an article in New Scientist a few issues ago about using a.i. bots in chat rooms to look for pedophiles.

The little bots would emmulate speech patterns recording the conversations as it went. The showed transcripts from the chats and it was impossible to tell which was human and which was a.i.

A car with limited a.i. might not be far off. Programed to learn about you and converse on topics you like. With satelite radio and wireless internet access your car could assimilate extra information on topics it knows you like.

So you and the old volkswagon could have a little nifty conversation on your next road trip. Well, a road trip in the next fifteen to twenty five years or so.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
on AIM they have robots that talk like they are actual people. for example, they have the austin powers guy who says groovy and crap like that...

to catch pedophilers though that is a good idea!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

to catch pedophilers though that is a good idea!

Yeah that's pretty cool. They've probably got bots for all sorts of things.

There might be some in the chat room here?

There might be a bot posting.

Oh crap, maybe I'm a bot?

You're not one are you?

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
these "bots" are in my house!!!

help me! they getting into my head

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

these "bots" are in my house!!!

help me! they getting into my head

You have been assimilated. Wait by your phone, you will be contacted shortly.

SpiderJbot

new topics

top topics

join