It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on ABC.. We May Have to Nationalize the Banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

what is this going to do to America?

Good ?
Bad?

Or should our government not even bring this up on tv?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The one good thing about nationalizing any kind of service like that is is takes away private owners' ability to manipulate prices and market availability, or subjectively raise fees to exploitative levels as we have seen in the past few years. It's almost draconian but it may work.

If you think people will complain about this just wait until socialized medicine takes over and puts private insurers out of business ala Japan. The insurance and banking industries are one of the few big service industries left in the US that haven't been outsourced, and there is nothing to fill that employment gap.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Such a statement is deeply anti-capitalistic in nature. In capitalism a failing business should be allowed to fail, regardless of the consequences.

This man ought to be expelled from the Republican party.

If he has any honour left, he should just defect to the Democrats.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was watching This Week when Lindsey Graham said what he said about nationalizing the banks, and I was totally surprised by it.

I thought he was a conservative? Isn't he good friends with John McCain? It seems to me that, in this case, some conservatives are even more jazzed about the idea of nationalizing banks than democrats are!

What is happening here? We shouldn't be nationalizing any banks. Yes, it would put an end to private industry jacking up prices and manipulating the market, etc, but it simply hands that responsibility and control over to the federal government. How is that better?

Any conservative who thinks it's a good idea to nationalize the banks should be kicked out of the party, end of story.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
im a little confused as to why Americans hate the idea of National banks, and National health care. Im a Canadian and it works very well here, you dont go broke when your sick, and banks are safe havens for your money. Please dont slam me, for im not looking for a fight, just reasons why its such a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
lyndsey grahm is a bankers whore, and is a disgrace to the state of south carolina.
he is completely bought and paid for. he does not represent the people of this state.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
I was watching This Week when Lindsey Graham said what he said about nationalizing the banks, and I was totally surprised by it.

Lindsay Grahamnesty is a RINO, not that I've been such a big fan of the Republican party over the last 2 or 3 years but they guy is fairly liberal in his beliefs. I would not be surprised at all with anything completely moronic coming out of his mouth. I live in NC, spend a lot of time in SC with family and none of them have any idea about the guys views. And he's THEIR senator. They keep voting for him even though he does not truly represent their views, even after repeated attempts to show them the truth about this traitor.

[edit on 2/23/2009 by ludaChris]

new topics

top topics

join