It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Owner of Muslim Relations TV Network Beheads Wife

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
let's get one thing straight.....seriously

no msm network is pro-muslim
seriously

I mean which one of them spoke of blowback?

if CNN, MSNBC or CSpan or ABC were pro-muslim wouldn't they speak of blowback? Wouldn't they say heyyy, they aren't fighting us because of religion but because we are over there?

wouldn't they speak of blackwater more and demand accountability?

wouldn't they speak more of that massive "embassy" filled with military pesonel that is as big as 50 football fields?

why do you think that pro-israel news stations are pro-muslim?
that doesn't even make sense

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by bodrul

Your religion is fairplay, just as much as a Christian's is, Bodrul. You can't pick apart only the good parts.

not being rude or offecieve can you tell me whic part of islam here i am defending from being taken apart and then targted like people such as you self and then rediculed.

I never said you were defending anything. Though you are trying to marginalize the news as having an "agenda" because it brings his personal religious beliefs into the mix. What I'm saying is, it's not because he's a Muslim, but it is because he IS a Muslim Television Network Owner who aims to TEACH AMERICANS more about his RELIGION. Ridiculous, wife's idea or not. One step forward, ten steps back.

He shouldn't have been so selfish and short sighted. His actions carry more weight than murder! He's made an ass out of himself and even further demonized his religion to those looking for an excuse to hate or fear Islam. He's now only helped sink the perception of the religion in the western world and especially America. Counterproductive to say the least.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Let's keep this real simple so even you can understand - the question is:

"Do you think there is any merit to a conclusion that some or all of the major news netwroks are deliberately suppressing certain news items that do not fit with their social agenda."

Stop trying the usual lib tactic of making this about an "ism".

If a nun went crazy and chopped up her Mother Superior with an axe, I'd certainly be interested in it, mostly because that is SO rare I've never even heard of a case like it. At the same time, something similar might have happened in the past but was kept quiet so as to keep it "in the family" and not encourage anti-Catholic sentiment and behavior. If a person or group has enough power they can influence public opinion.

By the same token, I am interested in the beheading story because it is so ironic.Unfortunately, I'm also apt to draw the conclusion that this is not an uncommon occurrence in Muslim families, which may or may not be true.

Because there has been so much anti-Islamic sentiment since 911 there is the real possibility of violent reprisals against all Muslims. America has a history of violent persecutions of religious minorities like the Mormons or the Anabaptists or the witches or the pacifist Quakers and Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Amish, or Gypsies, or the Jews or to some extent Catholics, as well as others.

If the news outlets are protecting the Muslims to some degree (and I'm not completely convinced they are) then it is an attempt to avert violent reprisals which will inevitably result in some innocent people suffering. That is not an altogether reprehensible sense of responsibility.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I'm surprised that Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are that high but they do have severe problems with organized crime. Seychelles? By that estimate all 50 of them are gone by December!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Yep, that's textbook premeditation. If you or I did it without the religion card to play we'd get the death sentence.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Ah, I see.....

Muslims are the ones who decapitate....
www.google.com... I don't think he was Muslim

www.cbsnews.com... I don't think he was Muslim either

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Nice find but that's about 6 years old. I wonder what it is now?

You can bet that the crime rates will be going through the roof around the world with unemployment trending up everywhere you look.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How disgusting, that this poor woman was beheaded. May her memory live on, and not be used to scare more Muslim women into obedience.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D
reply to post by The time lord

Ah, I see.....

Muslims are the ones who decapitate....
www.google.com... I don't think he was Muslim

www.cbsnews.com... I don't think he was Muslim either

Yes but if his religious background was to say that the extreme Islamic laws and middle eastern treatment of woman was wrong and he was a spokesman about promoting tolerance in Islam and he does this then it becomes a bit of an issue. I know people do all types of things in the US but sometimes certain cultures do things their way as a norm and I am wondering if his so called tolerance to woman's freedom once one he became betrayed actually made his peaceful means become obsolete in the manner of extreame Islamic passages spite to everything he believed in.

It has happened where I live and many surroundig areas, there are certain custom to cultures stereotype or not.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Congratulations, you've managed to reduce a family's individual to a baseless stereotype.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellish-D

I think Timelord had it right, even though you are correct. It is the perception of how terrorists "slaughter" their victims. The filmed beheadings, done in the name of Allah, are what people associate with terrorists. This links the successful president of an American cable network to terrorists by similar actions and the beheading is definitely more charged than strangulation or defenestration.
Maybe the husband, if guilty, should be stoned to death wrapped in a pigskin, in keeping with his crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Hellish-D

I think Timelord had it right, even though you are correct. It is the perception of how terrorists "slaughter" their victims. The filmed beheadings, done in the name of Allah, are what people associate with terrorists. This links the successful president of an American cable network to terrorists by similar actions and the beheading is definitely more charged than strangulation or defenestration.
Maybe the husband, if guilty, should be stoned to death wrapped in a pigskin, in keeping with his crime.

In an Islamic country he might end up getting off or aplauded if she cheated or done something of that nature. But to be honest this is not even an international story, I have European sattelite channels with simialr stories about honour killings but they never cross reference the problem they are all individual cases that no other country hears about. If this story was a simple killing with no religious undertones then so be it, but it's a tad suspicious.

On top of that the West needs to know that there is a stealth Jihad behaviour in some Muslims because deceit in war is acceptable on the infidel in order to bring them down and the more we know about these things the more you have to question the intentions of certain people's even if it seems like profiling, but in the end its for the greater good.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
reply to post by masonwatcher

You may be right but then again, last I checked 85+% of the population is Christian. So that kind of makes sense.

The news hangs any Christian pastor it can when they are caught in crimes much less news worthy than cutting off your spouse's head.

But the Muslim chap in the news item was not a priest or imam. He was an American citizen who committed an outrageous crime. It is not unheard of to find such a thing. How do you separate the American from the Muslim in a person? In fact I suggest the chap took assimilation to the nth degree and added himself to the rest of the 3 million Americans in prisons.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6

You may be right but then again, last I checked 85+% of the population is Christian. So that kind of makes sense.

The news hangs any Christian pastor it can when they are caught in crimes much less news worthy than cutting off your spouse's head.

Actually news of crimes by clerics are usually hidden. Catholic priest paedophilia was traditionally suppressed, the disclosure in the 90s was an anomaly. The same goes for rabbis that stray the correct path. You can google this to find supports groups regarding these issues and videos of individuals caught in the act of soliciting evil acts.

The Muslim chap in the op was not a cleric.

[edit on 052828p://pm2852 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Stay on topic this is about a Muslim hacking his wife's head off.

I wonder if he got his message across to his viewing audience?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The deal here is what everyone seems to be beating about the bush about but not quite getting to the point. Yes, in every country, religion, culture etc people do bad things. Yes, you can go back into history pick times that many countries, religions, cultures etc have done large scale events that were truly bad, wrong, evil etc.

But what we are dealing with is the here and now. What we are dealing with is a extremism that is effecting the world, so like other countries, religions, cultures that at one time affected events on a truly global level we find ourselves once again in a like situation.

Muslins as a whole are not any worst than another third world country type mentality, but we find ourselves in a situation where enough of them are affecting worldwide events. We are also seeing extremism that in the here and now are creating massive negative events, Darfur as example. It would be wrong to say they are worst than the Jews or Christians, but due to the nature of muslins that are willing to be as extreme as they have shown, this alone makes them a rather large threat because of the large numbers, as we talk about the here and now, to what level they are willing to go in their agendas.

You can say the same thing about the US to to a point. Much of what we see can be blamed on our actions, or non-actions, but this does not lessen the large threat that the world faces today.

Wrong or right is not the issue here, but since I'm not muslin I'm on the opposite side of these extremists, and so it makes them wrong in my view, just as I'm wrong in their view. All this doesn’t make them a lesser threat though.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
IMHO the key to this is mentality. Anyone who has the mentality that he/she is of greater value than their mate is going to, more than likely, be abusive in one way or another.
ANY religion that teaches that either a man -or- a woman is superior in the home, is teaching a family how to destroy itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Retseh

You are only told about the stories that "they" want you to hear, and a Muslim behaving like a savage animal just doesn't fit their agenda.

Are you serious!? All we ever hear about is muslim this, muslim that every single day. Where have you been? There is constant propaganda all the time.

I'm actually in shock that some of you act like muslims don't make the news.

If ONE muslim complains about anything, it makes the news lol.

America has one of the highest murder rates in the world, where are all the news about all those other murders?

And to those of you who say this is normal behaviour in muslim countries, then your are truly ignorant.

Peace.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

BRAVO ! Why even bother posting this crap ! Christ ! The next thread will be Jew bashing, and so it will go ad nauseam. &#%&#** Children.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

The US is Number 1 in in killing millions around the world just to control the world in the name of freedom

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Islam will still be great and it will not be affected by individuals actions...

Wait until the end of the investigation.It may be just an accusation or a conspiricy...

Get it?!!

A. Al-Sharhan

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join