It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Then They Call Our Minds Closed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Sorry to say, then....per the title of this thread.....

Your mind is closed.

I feel so sorry for you....perhaps, you will someday see the light of reason....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think it's conservative enough to say that there is a fine balance between gullibility and ignorance.

Alas, too open minded and too close minded.

I have seen users that will believe in the flying spaghetti monster, as I have see members that believe the Phoenix Lights are nothing more than flares.

I have 2012 on my name, does it mean I believe in Nibiru? No.

A lot of people get the first impression that I am another troll believing anything that rises about, however I am one of the first to debunk something that can be explained by conventional methods.

I will agree to an extent with the close-minded(depending what side of the fence you're on) folk, like people who don't believe we been contacted by aliens because there is no tangible proof (ie, ROBERT L. SALAS)

I was a U.S. Air Force officer stationed at Malmstrom AFB, Montana, working as a missile launch officer from 1966-1969. On March 16, 1967 I was on duty at one of our Launch Control Facilities monitoring the status of ten nuclear missiles (note from Ufocom: ICBM's Minuteman).

Early that morning I received a call from my security guard who was quite frightened as he reported that an unidentifiable flying object was hovering immediately above the front gate. The object was illuminated by a red glow. He told me all the guards were ready with weapons drawn. During our conversation, one of the guards was injured and he terminated the call.

As I was informing my commander of this conversation, many of our missiles became disabled. When we reported this to the command post, they informed us that a similar incident had occurred at another site and they had all of their missiles disabled while UFOs were observed directly over the launch sites.

Although the Air Force conducted a thorough investigation, no cause of the missile shutdowns was ever determined. I was able to retrieve some documents regarding these events from the Air Force under a special U.S. law called the Freedom of Information Act (note FOIA). The incident was classified but is no longer classified as a result of obtaining these documents. I have many ex-military personnel who have validated this story.
- Disclosure Project

I doubt this man would come forth with a claim so preposterous, or for instance the Bentwaters case. The list goes on, we've been contacted by aliens whether YOU believe it or not, is that being close-minded? No.

Saying the Phoenix Lights we're flares is close-minded. Saying Arizona's Governor is high on crack is close-minded.

Saying we've been visited by aliens? Well, it's down right crazy but for me there is enough evidence to support it, which is of course no more than hear say to the OP.

And my standpoint on 2012, well, none. I just hope *something* happens.

NWO. Come on, it's oblivious.

9/11. Lol, yeah, sure, some terrorists did it. Whatever makes you sleep good at night, ya?

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Revolution.....I'm with ya....except, what has been broadcast over and over again, regarding the PHX lights? THOSE were video taped well after the actual encounters...they were a diversion, and no where near the actual sightings. The 'lights' were a diversion, plain and simple. BECAUSE the media cameras had plenty of time to set up, and adjust....AND, those 'lights' that were broadcast were flares.

The numerous hand-held camera footage, by citizens in West Phoenix (no where NEAR the South Mountain area!)...those don't get the Media attention!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

=\

Either way, I think that the point is there.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Hi Weed,

My mind is open open open.

Jesus is open open open.

There you go.

Love and blessings in Jesus.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I am so happy for you!

Revel in whatever you feel are blessings!

All my best, Weed.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Could you elucidate me? And lead me to the light of your knowledge?

Just kidding - we could have an agreement I think, maybe.
\

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I must say you're doing an excellent job of reinforcing the prejudice that all Christians are narrow-minded dullards.

Is that your purpose on this thread? Do you hate Christianity so much you're deliberately trying to make Christians look stupid?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just the opposite. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of mankind.

And I believe that the churches are the money lenders and sinners who Jesus struck down.

AND I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE YOU.

To all those people who think this is boring - go watch tv or do whatever you like.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I have said on this thread, and many threads - do not blame Jesus for so-called Christiantity.

Jesus is about Love, Peace and Forgiveness,

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Just the opposite. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of mankind.

You mean you were being serious? You weren't just acting out a stereotype of intrusiveness and blinkered dogmatism in order to make fun of it?

Dearie, dearie me.

And I believe that the churches are the money lenders and sinners who Jesus struck down.

No, I believe that all happened - if it happened at all - in the first century AD. The church was established several centuries afterwards.

AND I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE YOU.

From what? Bankruptcy? AIDS? Getting run over by a truck? Body odour?

Whatever it is, try to remember that we don't shout at each other in all caps round here.

To all those people who think this is boring - go watch tv or do whatever you like.

No, mate: you go watch TV or whatever you like - that if, is you have nothing to contribute to the subject under discussion, which has nothing to do, except incidentally, with the two-thousand-year-old soap opera you have unaccountably confused with fact. You're dragging the thread off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join